The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Job Interview

Hey guys,

I have a job interview with GNC coming up. I figured since this is a health and fitness/weightlifting forum, at least one of you out there has probably worked there.

Just wondering if I could get any pointers or advice for working there and for the interview. Like what kind of questions should I expect them to ask me? Obviously I'm going to have to be knowledgable on their products and good at customer service, but is there anything else?
    Last edited by CaptainMorgan; 09-16-2008 at 07:17 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

be ready to push the gold card!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

I'd be interested in how they train their employees. Post up what you learn!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I seriously doubt they care at all about knowledge about products. They are probably looking for decent sales skills, and the normal job crap like showing up on time.
    Nick V

my ex had a manager job offered to her there once. she only had experience in food service and waitressing, and didn't know anything about fitness. her degree was in music.

go figure.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

push muscle tech and BSN, and you will be fine. Tell everyone that is what you use exclusively.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

the only people that work at the GNCs around here are Indian, and half the time I can't understand a damn word they're saying, so I think your'e OK.

Banned
    Depends on if it's a franchise or corporate store. I managed a couple stores right out of college for a franchisee and actually did quite a bit of training with my people. The corporate people were a joke. The franchise stores also have more leeway as to what products they want to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    the only people that work at the GNCs around here are Indian, and half the time I can't understand a damn word they're saying, so I think your'e OK.
    Same and skinny little 18yr old kids... im gla di have learned the basics over the years.. some of the people in those stores are dumb's
    Don't pick on the weak, its immoral... Never antagonise the strong, its stupid

5'11 190lbs

One thing all GNC employees have in common is they think NO products are a god send. Just throwing that out there. Maybe it will help.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Okla.2A State Track Champs weasel's Avatar
    get ready to push over-priced muscle tech and the gold card.

Try to learn some good tips and pointers to give to people walking in I HATE ill informed not-athletic in the least bit people trying to push me towards over-priced crappy products. I've seen quite a few pure idiots(and thats extra credit to them) working there just prepare to have to bend truths or leave some things out. when they want a supplement you will be expected to get them to purchase the most expensive thing in your shop instead of the cheaper just as good items.
    “Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.” - Robert Collier

Banned
    I worked for one in Jersey back in 95'.It was all about pushing their products and selling.Im no salesman.I would always refer people to cheaper stores for supplements.I couldnt lie and tell them that their stuff was better than other brand names.It didnt last long.Their prices have always been insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    One thing all GNC employees have in common is they think NO products are a god send. Just throwing that out there. Maybe it will help.
    LOL. I sent my wife to grab me some whey b/c my web order didn't get to me on time and she came home with some NO2.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    LOL. I sent my wife to grab me some whey b/c my web order didn't get to me on time and she came home with some NO2.
    Last time I was in vitamin shoppe I heard one of the employees pushing NO X-plode on some customer. He was telling him how it has CEM3 in it to help with mass gains. I lol'd inside. I wanted to go join in on the convo and start off by saying "oh CEM3? I heard about that stuff. That was the topic of the lawsuit against BSN right?"

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay