Thread: Metal Gear Sizing Problem

Hybrid View

Metal Gear Sizing Problem

I wanted to go ahead and pick up the IPF Viking Presser Bencher but I'm having a bit of issues with the sizing. I got a buddy to take my shoulder measurements and the measurement I got comes out two sizes smaller than what is recommended for my weight. I've got fairly narrow shoulders, but a thick chest. Should I just go ahead and buy what corresponds to my shoulder measurement, or go with what my bodyweight suggests? Thanks for any ideas.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

the weight is just a reference point. You could always pick the middle size, but otherwise I'd just go with the shoulder measurement. Chest thickness isn't going to make as much of a difference as width will. Bodyweight has way too many variables that have no impact on a shirt. This is why I take all my measurements and call it in direct to Inzer (I realize you're getting a metal shirt) because I'd rather spend my money once and get it right than get multiple shirts while trying to get one sized right

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    the weight is just a reference point. You could always pick the middle size, but otherwise I'd just go with the shoulder measurement. Chest thickness isn't going to make as much of a difference as width will. Bodyweight has way too many variables that have no impact on a shirt. This is why I take all my measurements and call it in direct to Inzer (I realize you're getting a metal shirt) because I'd rather spend my money once and get it right than get multiple shirts while trying to get one sized right

Yea, I ended up sending my briefs back twice before I finally got the right size. I think I'll end up buying the middle size. I'm working on putting some weight on, so I'll get it a bit bigger now and work into it. Thanks for the suggestion Travis.

You better order it now, so when I get up there I can teach somebody how to help your ass into it.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

yeah, you can always send it back. i'd go with the middle size.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

I went with both Travis' advice as well as Wendlers. They said different things but got me to the same size haha. Works for me.

I'm curious, what'd Jim say?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Basically he said to just take my shoulder measurement and go up one size. It worked out that both of your suggestions brought me to the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    I wanted to go ahead and pick up the IPF Viking Presser Bencher but I'm having a bit of issues with the sizing. I got a buddy to take my shoulder measurements and the measurement I got comes out two sizes smaller than what is recommended for my weight. I've got fairly narrow shoulders, but a thick chest. Should I just go ahead and buy what corresponds to my shoulder measurement, or go with what my bodyweight suggests? Thanks for any ideas.
    I have had the same problem. If your in between go with the smaller one.
    Member of Society of Strength (Best Gym In Kansas City)
    We Cant Stop Here. This is Bat Country.
    Introduce a little Anarchy. Upset the established order. Then everything becomes Chaos.