The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 160
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,338

    The New 1-0-7 Barbell!!!

    Saving this space for pics tomorrow. This place is freakin sweet. The most dungeon-like hardcore place to get strong you've ever seen. Right down to our new mascot - a bat, LOL. I will post a video up tomorrow and some pics of the new place. I am stoked.

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    IRL my name is Trent Hazerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,468
    Sounds tight. What are you guys charging for admission 8-)

  4. #3
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,864
    dungeon like is always a good think when it comes to powerlifting gyms.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,338
    Hazer - we'll let you know when we get all settled.

    Reko got some pics this morning at our first workout. I"m sure he'll post them after work.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    953
    The bat was awesome flying around while trying to unload. This place truly is the most hardcore dungeon like place I have ever seen. I kept waiting to trip over a decaying body. Once you get bit by one of those bats and those bat rabies start flowing, no amount of ammonia caps will be able to compare to the jolt you'll get from bat rabies. PRs will fall like dominos.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Hazer - we'll let you know when we get all settled.

    Reko got some pics this morning at our first workout. I"m sure he'll post them after work.
    After work and after happy hour. Might be tomorrow haha

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,628
    That's really awesome, Ben and Reko. I'm glad you guys have a solid place to train at. Now let's see the PR's start coming!

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,903
    Sorry I wasnt there to unload, I will accept my penance of having to ride shotgun with Sean for the next month.


    p.s. Julie says thank you

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    311
    Glad to hear the new place kicks ass.

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    Sorry I wasnt there to unload, I will accept my penance of having to ride shotgun with Sean for the next month.


    p.s. Julie says thank you
    woah, hey now, don't be so hard on yourself.

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    Sorry I wasnt there to unload, I will accept my penance of having to ride shotgun with Sean for the next month.


    p.s. Julie says thank you
    No worries man - keep the little woman happy and all

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by =Travis= View Post
    The bat was awesome flying around while trying to unload. This place truly is the most hardcore dungeon like place I have ever seen. I kept waiting to trip over a decaying body. Once you get bit by one of those bats and those bat rabies start flowing, no amount of ammonia caps will be able to compare to the jolt you'll get from bat rabies. PRs will fall like dominos.
    Best part - we found an old fireplace last night and a set of stairs that lead to God knows what. Haha - we'll end up finding a body or a homeless man will be asleep on our platform before this is all done.

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Best part - we found an old fireplace last night and a set of stairs that lead to God knows what. Haha - we'll end up finding a body or a homeless man will be asleep on our platform before this is all done.
    Need to start a pool for:
    1) Date the dead body is found;
    2) Date the homeless guy is found asleep on the bench;
    3) Date when the bat lands on someone;
    4) Date when the bat bites someone;
    5) Date when the bat has a weight dropped on top of it (this should come with a prize as well);
    6) First time a pair of goth kids break in and are found having sex while on ecstasy;
    etc.

    My guess is this will all happen by the end of the year, except for #5 - that will be a tough one.

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by =Travis= View Post
    Need to start a pool for:
    1) Date the dead body is found;
    2) Date the homeless guy is found asleep on the bench;
    3) Date when the bat lands on someone;
    4) Date when the bat bites someone;
    5) Date when the bat has a weight dropped on top of it (this should come with a prize as well);
    6) First time a pair of goth kids break in and are found having sex while on ecstasy;
    etc.

    My guess is this will all happen by the end of the year, except for #5 - that will be a tough one.
    If they do that on the platform it will instill a rage in me that will cause me to grab the bat out of mid air and sic it on them.

  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Best part - we found an old fireplace last night and a set of stairs that lead to God knows what. Haha - we'll end up finding a body or a homeless man will be asleep on our platform before this is all done.


    and he shall be named....Bill

  17. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    Sorry I wasnt there to unload, I will accept my penance of having to ride shotgun with Sean for the next month.


    p.s. Julie says thank you
    It'll take more than that. While you were stuggling up to the honey, we were dogding bats and dropping thousands of pounds in plates across the floor because we couldn't get them out of the elevator. And I don't even lift with you guys.

    So as we left, I stopped at teh gas station a block away to get a bottle of water. Walking into this place in front of me is a gal covered in tats with stilleto heals, huge hoop earrings, a shirt that looked like a bandanna just draped across her nipples and wearing shorts that only covered about a quater of her butt cheeks. So, if you get tired one day while working out, there seems to be some entertainment for hire close by.

  18. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Reko View Post
    If they do that on the platform it will instill a rage in me that will cause me to grab the bat out of mid air and sic it on them.
    And that will be the manliest feat of all time, after which the powerlifting gods will reach down and grant you the power to squat over a grand. To hell with the Karate Kid and catching a fly with chopsticks, catching the bat will come only to those destined for greatness.

  19. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by =Travis= View Post
    It'll take more than that. While you were stuggling up to the honey, we were dogding bats and dropping thousands of pounds in plates across the floor because we couldn't get them out of the elevator. And I don't even lift with you guys.

    So as we left, I stopped at teh gas station a block away to get a bottle of water. Walking into this place in front of me is a gal covered in tats with stilleto heals, huge hoop earrings, a shirt that looked like a bandanna just draped across her nipples and wearing shorts that only covered about a quater of her butt cheeks. So, if you get tired one day while working out, there seems to be some entertainment for hire close by.
    107 BB: Where the skanks come to train

  20. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    107 BB: Where the skanks come to train
    She was bragging to the clerk about how thursday nights were the big tip nights when she made lots of money.

  21. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,152
    The place is sick. It literally is in the belly of the beast. I wouldn't be the last guy to lock up at night.

    Unfortunately, despite the sick surroundings, last night looked like a bad episode of the para-olympic gimp squad playing toxic-mold jenga (me excluded, of course). Ben of course locked himself in the freight elevator and all I know is, I wasn't present when plates went crashing off the ingenious device I'd engineered for transporting said plates. What's the saying? Give a man a cart, he'll haul your ****; but turn your head for a second, and he'll **** himself somehow.

  22. #21
    SFW! drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    8,129
    Quote Originally Posted by =Travis= View Post
    6) First time a pair of goth kids break in and are found having sex while on ecstasy;
    etc.
    Post pics unless the chick is fat. If you can discern which one the chick is.

    Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

  23. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    Ben of course locked himself in the freight elevator
    And his famous last words before shutting the doors on that thing were "hey, if I get stuck in here, someone call my wife"

  24. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,152
    On a positive note, several of the 107 crew have enough padding to survive a knife attack, which is imminent.

  25. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Post pics unless the chick is fat. If you can discern which one the chick is.
    Hopefully it'll get caught on film right before we film Reko snatching the bat from mid air with his bare hands.

  26. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    On a positive note, several of the 107 crew have enough padding to survive a knife attack, which is imminent.
    I'm working on it.

Similar Threads

  1. 80 Low Carb Chicken Recipes
    By Dr of Golf in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 01:34 PM
  2. Pre-Workout Nutrition REVISITED
    By Slim Schaedle in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
  3. ** 100 ** Tuna Recipes
    By Dr of Golf in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 09:58 AM
  4. What do you guys think of this routine...
    By Meat_Head in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 01:52 PM
  5. Favorite healthy, high protein meals
    By DaCypher in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-28-2002, 01:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •