Thread: Knee bothering me after squats

Wannabebig Member

Knee bothering me after squats

It doesn't hurt but just feels kind of weak. Like it could buckle or something. Started feeling that a few days after squating. Anyone ever have that? Should I rest it for a few weeks? Thanks

What part of your knee? Is your patella sore (front of your knee, normally a pain under your knee cap)?

You should definitely ease up on the weights and take another look at your technique since there may be an issue in your form that is causing the pain.

Also make sure to properly warm up (5-10 minutes on a piece of cardio equipment and some stretching is sufficient).
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    What part of your knee? Is your patella sore (front of your knee, normally a pain under your knee cap)?

You should definitely ease up on the weights and take another look at your technique since there may be an issue in your form that is causing the pain.

Also make sure to properly warm up (5-10 minutes on a piece of cardio equipment and some stretching is sufficient).
    It's in the front, right below the cap. Yeah I guess that's the patella now that I look at a knee picture. I will definately look at my technique but I thought it was fine up until now. Good advice about warming up, I usually just do a few squats with only the bar which I thought would be enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post

That is excellent advice. I still get it too from time to time. What kind of rep ranges are you using?

Wannabebig Member
    my knees crack everytime i go down with some weight. its buggin the crap outta me
    Last edited by mannydasher; 09-22-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mannydasher View Post
    my knees crack everytime i go down with some weight. its buggin the crap outta me
    That must be so distracting. My buddies elbows do that when he benches.....heck....it distracts me when he's doing it. Ever have it looked at?

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, I had that my first day but the problem was I wasn't sticking my butt out enough so a lot of pressure was going to my knees.
    Starting Maxes 9/15 - 10/15 - current:
    Body Weight: 130 - 142 - 145
    Bench: 115 - 125 - 140
    Deadlift: 260 - 285 - *
    Squat: * - 205 - 225
    Power clean: * - 130 - 160
    Snatch: * - 95 - 105

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisco915 View Post
    That is excellent advice. I still get it too from time to time. What kind of rep ranges are you using?
    I've been doing 3x10 two days a week. I've considered doing less reps and maybe increasing the weight but not sure if that's actually worse on the knees?

Foam rolling.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

The best thing I ever did was read "starting strength", and learn how to squat properly. My knees used to bother me all the time from squats, now I'm fine. I'd bet it's a form problem.