Thread: Interview with Tudor Bompa

Interview with Tudor Bompa

T-mag surprised me this week when they actually put up somethign worth reading-- an interview with Tudor Bompa.

Its definitely worth a read. Here's the link:

http://www.t-mag.com/articles/202bompa.html
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

It may surprise you, Powerman, to know that I have his book Periodization Training for Sports .

Yes, I read it...
    Last edited by chris mason; 03-29-2002 at 07:00 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    T-Mag having a worthwhile article? Has hell frozen over? Gawd I hate that (online) magazine. The whole juvenile humor schtick gets on ya nerves after years of the same crap. The whole "what would T-Man do" mentality doubley pisses me off, especially considering the "T-Man" wrinkle is nothing but a clever marketing construct designed to play on the insecurities of 18-22 year old males (incidentally the highest supplement buying demographic) by creating a pseudo community. Making them feel bonded and cared about in their own subculture, when in reality, it is just a shrewed business move to milk them out of their money. People pay for emotion and coming off as a true friend who "understands" how young bodybuilders feel, and can promise never to steer them wrong, is one way to easily and quickly create consumers for a looong time. At one time they claimed 30 million hits a month on a regular basis... wow that's mighty impressive considering many of the most popular sites on the net (adult entertainment sites) can't claim anywhere near that much on average. Gee, might they be lying through their teeth? TC should be about a ripped 5,000 lbs considering all of the lean muscle mass he's gained from supplements (first EAS, now Biotest) over the years... Con-men extraodinaire they are.
    Some guys have all the luck.
    Some guys have all the pain.
    Some guys get all the breaks.
    Some guys do nothing but complain.

-Rod Stewart

haha. I just the update in my email and saw that interview. I was about to stop by and read it. Chris, what did you think of that book? I don't have it yet, the only book I have by him is Serious Strength Training but they looked kinda similar when I was glancing through it.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    tudor bompa? that's got to be a fake name

Uh...me thinks Accipiter needs some reading material.
    Last edited by Shane; 03-29-2002 at 10:42 PM.

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Wannabebig Member
    It's his real name. Though it definitely does sound odd
    Some guys have all the luck.
    Some guys have all the pain.
    Some guys get all the breaks.
    Some guys do nothing but complain.

-Rod Stewart

3:16
    Originally posted by chris mason
    It may surprise you, Powerman, to know that I have his book Periodization Training for Sports .

Yes, I read it...
    is that the one with a black blad guy doing the EMG tests?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

That's Serious Strength Training. Unless they use the same pics for both books.

My Journal

3:16
    both by tudar bompa?

I got a book out from the libray by him, just trying to remember which it was.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

The book was ok. I thought he contradicted himself on occassion, and that he was incorrect in some instances. That being said, I wanted to learn more about the concept of periodization and I always like to read "new" ideas (for me). It helps me to further round out my opinions on the subject.

Accipiter: He's Russian, if that helps you any.

Regarding the interview, I think he's definitely got some great ideas regarding the organization of training, and lifting in general. He makes some great points about application of both bodybuilding AND Olympic lifting methods to athletic training, in that the coach's background in one or the other usually sways their thinking when in fact other methods might be more effective.

Its like when someone comes here and asks for a program to help them with basketball or baseball or some other sport, and the immediate response is a three or four day bodybuilding split, complete with bi's, tri's, and shoulders for the cookie-cutter 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps, when in fact a more specialized approach using several other methods would be much preferable. The same thing happens with fans of powerlifting and Olympic lifting; I'm just as guilty of doing the same thing.

I dunno-- nothing ground-breaking there, really, but just a fresh and interesting perspective on the topic.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock