Thread: Macro diet vs. just counting calories

Macro diet vs. just counting calories

I've been reading a lot of nutrition articles and this is the time to get this body looking its best. I am at approximately 19% bf so it's way past time to get it off.

I understand that you have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. What puzzles me is why it makes a whole lot of difference to pay so much attention to macro nutrients.

Say another guy wiht the same bf and weight as me cuts the same calories (assuming everything else, any cardio, workouts, etc are the same) but doesn't pay attention to what he eats to do it. He may throw in a milkshake some days. Get a BigMac on another. He may skip another meal to make up for those calories, but he meets his calorie goal every day.

Say I eat 5 or 6 meals a day. All broken down to the right macro nutrients. Say for the sake of this discussion that it's something like 40/40/20.

We're going to lose the same amount of weight, right? Will my body look any different than his? Will my bf be lower?

I asked this question on a running site (I know) and some "nutritionist" claimed it won't make much of a difference since the calories is all that matters.

Probably asked before here, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Bleh, I just counted, never bothered with the macros unless I felt like looking ripped (watched carbs), and I turned out fine.
    8:45 Heaven