The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    back
    lat pulldown: 2X210, 8reps 1X220, 5reps
    t-bar rows: 2X175, 8reps 1X195, 6reps
    hammer pulldowns: 2X230, 8reps 1X270, 3reps
    cable rows: 2X210, 8reps 1X230, 6reps
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

Messed up the ole' AC joint in my shoulder, this is the problem that has been holding me back all semester and why i took time off, damnit!!!! oh well, but no matter what, i am getting 365 for reps on bench!!! mark my word!!!!!!!!!! oh wait, no one is reading this, nevermind....
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

lat pulldown: 2X210, 8reps 1X220, 5reps
    t-bar rows: 2X175, 8reps 1X195, 6reps
    hammer pulldowns: 2X230, 8reps 1X270, 3reps
    cable rows: 2X210, 8reps 1X230, 6reps

Very nice back strength here man. Really really impressive. T-bar strength is very impressive and so is your pulldown and row strength. Keep it up bro.

MS

Thanks man, i really like the raised t-bar, where you lay at an angle an your chest and then pull up or squeeze back, i dont know how to explain it exactly, but when i go home this summer, my back strength always goes up a ton. too bad we dont live near each other because it seems as if we have the same goals and are about the same size, for now....

So what did ya do to your AC? Hurt it while benching?

I hurt mine a while back, sucked. Tis fine now though, although my rotator is fuked.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

the sports medicine doctor said it is just from overuse and it is mainly caused by bench press, going heavy. he said this happens to most pro football players and that they just go under the knife and cut off the end of a bone and it fixes the prob 98% of the time, but they are getting paid a couple of million, so they make them do this, i dont know the long term benefits of getting the bone cut a little bit, but it works for them, why cant it work for me? plus i dont have the cash. i think i mainly hurt it while benching because i like a little bit wider grip, but i have to go narrower now, oh well. my rotator used to be fucked, but i warm it up before every chest and shoulder workout, its fine now, what did you do to fix your AC joint??

ARMS
    it was a good day because i had to take a few day hiatis from lifting because of my messed up AC joint
    Preacher curl: 3X+90, 8reps
    superset straight bar cables and hammer curls: 3X70,50, 8,12 reps
    concentration curls: 2X35, 8reps 1X40, 6reps
    v-bar pressdowns: 3Xstack+25, 12reps
    one arm, palms down: 2X35, 8reps 1X45, 6reps
    dips: 3Xbody, 15reps
    still weigh 220lbs

dont make fun of my dips, i only waited about 20 seconds inbetween each set because i just wanted to exhaust them.

had a rough weekend of drinking a lot of beer and eationg a lot of doughnuts, but i am ready to go this week!!! except for the fact that i have a 10 page paper due in less than 24 hours and should probably jump on it.... its ok, i am bulking... sure...

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    I noticed you have not once posted a leg workout, yet you do cardio. Do you not train legs or just not post the workouts? I feel like I just read like 8 arm workouts, but no legs. Just curious considering you said weight belts are for sissies.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Originally posted by The Calvinator
    the sports medicine doctor said it is just from overuse and it is mainly caused by bench press, going heavy. he said this happens to most pro football players and that they just go under the knife and cut off the end of a bone and it fixes the prob 98% of the time, but they are getting paid a couple of million, so they make them do this, i dont know the long term benefits of getting the bone cut a little bit, but it works for them, why cant it work for me? plus i dont have the cash. i think i mainly hurt it while benching because i like a little bit wider grip, but i have to go narrower now, oh well. my rotator used to be fucked, but i warm it up before every chest and shoulder workout, its fine now, what did you do to fix your AC joint??
    My AC was just a strain, so just REST, its fine now, but my rotator is still hurting.

Good luck man
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

thank you ericg
    and for you LATMAN...
    i explained earlier that i blew out my knee and cannot do any type of leg lifts, i have a slightly torn miniscus in my left knee which inhibits me from doing any type of lateral movements and lifting weights on my legs, but things like an elliptical is ok and also riding a bike since i am not doing any side to side motion. when i could lift on my legs, i was squatting over 350 and leg pressing over 1000, and i didnt need a belt, yet again, belts are for sissies.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Haha, ok buddy.

How did you injure your knee if I may ask?
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

i used to play volleyball in college and normally most outside hitters get set at most 700 times a season, i got set almost 1500, so from over use basically. i blew it out by going for a tight set and having to dodge running into the net, i lunged on leg forward and it gave out. i have since retired and now coach.

taking about a week and a half off to rest my shoulder for the summer lifting regimine. must redestroy body this summer....

first lift of the summer!!! it sucked....
    chest
    flat bench: 2X225, 8reps 1X235, 6reps
    Incline DB's: 2X80's, 8reps
    machine flye: 2X140, 8reps
    seated calves: 3X250, 10reps
    standing calf raise: 3X300, 10reps