Thread: teenager that needs advice

Wannabebig New Member

teenager that needs advice

Hey i just turned 16, weigh 65kg which is 143lbs. I am around 186cm in height (not 100% sure but close to that). I dumbell curl 17.5 kg (38.5 lbs) sets of 4 with 6 reps. I bench about 50kg on my sets of 4 with 6 reps. Basically i have been going to the gym for about 6 months and only have been taking it serious for about 4 of those 6 months since i started going to the gym once a week with the school so for about 4 months i have been going 3 times a week. I am stronger, fitter, and noticebly bigger im just wondering if i should stop concentrating on getting bigger and start toning?
    Like i don't want to be a body builder and get to that size, just confused on what i should do. If i start toning my muscle will i start to decrease in size?

another question is i want my abs to be seen more, you can see them since i dont have alot of body fat but i want them to be easily seen and i heard you have to decrease your body fat for them to be shown, what can i do to do to decrease the fat around my abs and also if i start to do this will it affect my muscle size and make me start to loose muscle and strength by loosing body fat. i dont really care about what i can benchpress as i know thats affected by weight.

sorry for all the writing and i thank everyone who responds!

General rule for the forums, for every post you make, read atleast one article from the archives here and 20 posts, it will save everyone alot of repeated information.

Look up Rippetoe's Starting Strength Program, and the general rule for someone as skinny as you, eat everything and anything.

Fitday.com will help you trac your calories, so before you say 'but I eat heeeaaaapss!' find out exactly how many calories you do take in and go from there.

You definitely do not ned to 'tone,' you are 65kg at 186cm... I am your age, 10cm shorter and weigh 30 kg more than you. Stop worrying about your abs, and start packing on overall mass.

EDIT: He's 143 pounds and 6'2, that's close to anorexic.
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 10-03-2008 at 04:45 AM.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    General rule for the forums, for every post you make, read atleast one article from the archives here and 20 posts, it will save everyone alot of repeated information.

Look up Rippetoe's Starting Strength Program, and the general rule for someone as skinny as you, eat everything and anything.

Fitday.com will help you trac your calories, so before you say 'but I eat heeeaaaapss!' find out exactly how many calories you do take in and go from there.

You definitely do not ned to 'tone,' you are 65kg at 186cm... I am your age, 10cm shorter and weigh 30 kg more than you. Stop worrying about your abs, and start packing on overall mass.

EDIT: He's 143 pounds and 6'2, that's close to anorexic.
    im defintly not anerexic don't come give me **** cus you want to be huge doesnt mean **** you end up looking like a freak but if thats how you want to be then be my guest.
    Last edited by hjo123; 10-03-2008 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hjo123 View Post
    im defintly not anerexic don't come give me **** cus you want to be huge doesnt mean **** you end up looking like a freak but if thats how you want to be then be my guest.
    Look bud, if you are going to take every little comment on the internet personally, then don't post. I find it pathetic you instantly zoned in on one comment and disregarded the rest of the post.

You are very skinny, this isn't me being an *******, I'm stating fact. 186cm and 65kg is ridiculous, and in the opinion of many members almost unhealthy for a teenage boy. I never said I wanted to be huge, I want to be a lean and healthy 200 pounds... you almost disregard getting huge as being easy.

Now read the rest of the post you ungrateful illiterate little twerp because I essentially gave you everything you need.

I am the same age as you but have close to 3 years of heavy training experience. People here will offer you advice and guidance, but realise this is the internet, people are abrasive, harden the **** up and listen princess ,there is alot here for you.

Fair?
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 10-03-2008 at 05:58 AM.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

agreed

to the op:

Take fuzzy's advice, as he knows what he's talking about.

Don't get offended by people telling you that you're skinny, it's the truth, deal with it.

You joined a site called "wannabebig" and then talk about people "looking like a freak"... get off it, you either want to build muscle or not.

If you truly want to build muscle and get strong, read up on the articles and threads here and learn to take advice.

If you can't handle it then this isn't the forum for you.

Trying not to die young.