Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar1023's 3rd NHE Journal

(for a description of my diet / supplements / training please click here; to view my strength goals, please click here)

Monday, April 1, 2002

Cardio.
    • No cardio today.

Diet.
    • Meal 1: 4 hot wings + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal 2: Atkin's choclate bar

Meal 3: 2 servings whey protein + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Meal 4: 1 can tuna + 1 tbsp. mayo + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + heavy whipping cream

Meal 6: 1 tbsp. peanut butter + Italian sausage

Overall Comments.
    • Feel like the biggest cow today. Feel bloated somehow. Doesnt really make any sense why I would feel bloated but oh well. Other than that I feel pretty good. Damn before bed I was STARVING like a Jew in a concentration camp. Couldnt believe the damn hunger pangs I was experiencing. I was like about to shoot someone for some pizza and ice cream. Haha but my refeed meal is tomorrow night so I should be okay until then... I think.

Pain/Soreness.
    • Not really sore today. Just fat.

Sleep.
    • 7 hours sleep last night. Slept okay I guess. Woke up a few times actually I am not sure why. Just woke up.

Supplements.
    • With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 500 mg. ALA

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 250 mg. Aminogen

Before Bed: Sleep Formula

Training. Chest, Triceps.
    • Flat Barbell Presses: 235 x 4.5 [***]; 205 x 9.5 [***]

... Wow what the F*CK!? Very very pissed off about my bench weight today. I want to blame it on my damn ALA preworkout but I think it was just because I havnt benched in more than 2 years. Very dissapointed in myself. Thought I was going to handle around 255-265 lbs. for 6. I just cant believe this sh*t. Feel like I have never worked out before in my life. Just let down completely. Arched my back and kept my feet flat on the floor. Felt like my balance was off or something. REALLY need to start flat pressing again. Amazed myself I almost dropped the barbell to one side a few times!

Dips: +90 x 6 [***]; +75 x 8 [***]

... Good sets here. Pumped up my pecs like CRAZY! Wow thats one thing that I REALLY noticed about the 500 mg. ALA preworkout, crazy f*cking pumps. Havnt been pumped like this in a long time. Anyway sets werent ALL out to failure I dont think. But still felt heavy. Training at the YMCA now, and the dip bars are definitely much farther apart than my old gym. Its all good though. I like them further apart because I feel it more in my pecs. Reps were good with a good ROM. For some reason I locked out my elbows out at the top which I need to try not to do.

Flat Dumbbell Presses: 100 x 5.5 [***]

... Wow pretty pathetic here. I dont think that I took enough of a break in between my exercises. Chest was really pumped like crazy at this point. Really inflated big time. Good set, hit my chest hard no questions asked. Was really really dissapointed in my reps with this though. It doesnt really matter though because I did 2 exercises first. Kept form pretty good. The YMCA only goes up to the 100s so thats definitely going to be a problem. Need to be getting the 100s for 8-10 reps.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 65 x 8 [***]

... Really good set here without a doubt. Hammered my pecs hard with perfect form. Really awesome set. Good form and created an awesome pump in my pecs. Inflated my pecs like crazy just from this one single set. Stretched them out good at the bottom of the movement and everything like that. These were definitely good overall though.

Lying Barbell Extensions: 125 x 8 [***]; 115 x 8 [***]

... Wow 2 AWESOME sets here! Hammered my triceps hard. After my first set of lying ext. my triceps blew up like CRAZY! Pumped insanely. Definitely the ALA they havnt pumped like that in a long f*cking time. I was actually really really impressed with how pumped they were. Two good sets. Somehow I got 8 reps the first set. Really was impressed. Definitely going for 130 next Monday. See how that goes. Great pump overall.

Seated Overhead Barbell Extensions: 105 x 6.5 [***]

... This exercise REALLY pissed me off big time! There isnt really a decent bench at the YMCA that has a lower back support so I had to do these on the end of a bench without a lower back support. Kind of ached my back. Form was OKAY elbows were kind of flared. Defintely going to work on correcting this next Monday.

Training Length.
    • Worked out today longer than usual because I had to wait for a few things, gym was pretty packed, lasted 40 minutes today compared to my usual 25-30. Oh well.

Water.
    • Pretty good amount today I guess, need to keep it up. Need more during my training though.

Weight.
    • Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed 205 lbs. Felt good about my weight actually. Hopefully tomorrow Ill be even less... well have to see how that goes. Hope to weigh something like 203 tomorrow.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 04-09-2002 at 12:43 PM.

Monstar - One of us has been reading the wrong information about "dieting"

If your total calories are under maintenance, you can eat all the damn pizza you want. You seem to be missing that, and perhaps thats why you have these binge epsiodes. What is a "diet" food anyway? Food is food, you eat too much, you grow, you eat too little you shrink. Period. I thought the whole point of NHE was that you can eat whatever you want. But you didn't answer my question - what foods do YOU like? (that way I can start yelling at you when there not on your meal list - hehe )

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    Monstar - One of us has been reading the wrong information about "dieting"

If your total calories are under maintenance, you can eat all the damn pizza you want. You seem to be missing that, and perhaps thats why you have these binge epsiodes. What is a "diet" food anyway? Food is food, you eat too much, you grow, you eat too little you shrink. Period. I thought the whole point of NHE was that you can eat whatever you want. But you didn't answer my question - what foods do YOU like? (that way I can start yelling at you when there not on your meal list - hehe )
    I gotta at least partially agree with MP here (though I am not ready to speak ill of NHE since I have not read the book) but in your case, no wonder you lose weight on this diet. I dont want this to come out wrong and sound rude but you really dont eat ****. On this amount of cals you could lose weight making butter and soda milk shakes (exageration but you get the point).
    "Far from broke, got enough bread. And mad ho's ask Bevis I get nuthin but head"

I'd have to agree with MP and =w=. It looks like I'd go in starvation mode eating that much food. I'm mean, I have a very slow metabolism and I'm eating twice the calories and losing body fat.

MarshallPenn-
    I am glad that you said that because my girlfriend is taking in 12 x her bodyweight in calories but basically eating whatever she wants and I told her that she would lose weight this way. Seems true to me. I am just not into the whole counting calories thing etc. ya know?

=w=-
    Yeah I know today I took in a bit more calories than I have been taking in. Hopefully this will help. Want to try and squeeze 6 meals into my day. Well have to see how things go in the future. I dont want to drop too much weight too suddenly.

CBates-
    How many calories are you taking in per day? Yeah I too am definitely trying to lose some bodyfat. No questions asked. Need to drop another 10-15 lbs. or so to be shredded.

I'm taking in about 2300-2500 calories a day. I'm about to stop dieting for a while though. At least a month. I've been pretty strict on dieting for over a year now, and think it's really screwing with my hormones. Trying to stay lean year around, eating maintenance and below maintenance for this long has caught up to me.

CBates-
    Yeah eating below maintenace for over a year would seem to catch up with you. I could be wrong obviously. But when I finally get lean, which is soon I hope, I am definitely going to want to stay lean. I mean why get lean and then just get fat again ya know? Are you going to bulk up this fall/winter? I am going to assume that youre going to stay lean for summer right? I am going to try to GET lean for summer.

... Hit 2000 views. Haha crazy sh*t.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 04-01-2002 at 08:31 PM.

I can loss fat fairly easy, so I'm really considering bulking up for about a month, just to get my hormones balanced, and then cut. I mean I lost quite a bit of fat from the diet that I'm on just in 2 weeks, and I didn't have much to lose in the first place. I'm not going to over do it though. My maintenance level is around 2500, what I might do is take in around 2800-3000 for about a month, so fat gain will be minimal.

Originally posted by MonStar1023

... Hit 2000 views. Haha crazy sh*t.
    See now, I didn't think count views really mattered.

P.S. Thought I would add to the page count.

CBates-
    Yeah sounds like a good idea, just bulk for a little while to stimulate your horomones. Lemme know how things go with that.

rookiebldr-
    Haha it doesnt matter.. just crazy how many views I have in so little time ya know?

(for a description of my diet / supplements / training please click here; to view my strength goals, please click here)

Tuesday, April 2, 2002

Cardio.
    • No cardio today.

Diet.
    • Meal 1: 4 hot wings + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream + 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Meal 2: Atkin's choclate bar

Meal 3: 1 can tuna + 1 tbsp. mayo + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + heavy whipping cream

Refeed Meal: 2 servings whey protein + 2 cups skim milk + Macaroni & Cheese + low-fat cookies + Gatorade + low-fat coffee cakes + candy

... Wow refeed meal I was STUFFED like a damn turkey. Holy f*cking hell was my stomach packed with f*cking food! Felt like I was going to spew it all up the entire time. Tasted good at first but after a while I was just dumping in the food and it was actually really disgusting. Oh well. Ate my Mac & Cheese and then some Skittles and Jolly Ranchers along with some Gatorade etc.

Refeed Meal came out to the following...
      2400 calories, 110g protein, 420g carbs, 26g fat

... Jesus I was PACKED with food here. 2500 calories in one f*cking meal. Holy sh*t. After I ate this huge meal I almost puked it all up. Really need to cut it down big time to 2000 calories. I should be fine with that. I honestly felt like I was going to barf it all back up afterwards.. Not too good of a feeling.

Overall Comments.
    • Dont feel too bad today. Woke up kind of late but got my sleep which was really good, for me at least. Looking forward to my back workout today.

Pain/Soreness.
    • Chest and triceps are KILLING me! Chest is hurting like insanely and triceps just have deep muscle soreness. My traps are actually a little sore somehow. I have no idea how at all but theyre hurting! My front delts are also aching badly. Must just be the flat BB presses my front delts usually arent sore at all, and if they are not this badly!

Sleep.
    • 7 hours sleep last night. Slept okay I guess. Woke up a few times actually I am not sure why. Just woke up.

Supplements.
    • With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adrenalin

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 500 mg. ALA

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 250 mg. Aminogen

With Refeed Meal: 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g creatine + 5g fish body oils + 2g ginger + 1g alpha-lipoic acid + 800 mg. chromium + 4 V2G + 3 Insulene + 3 Gluco Tech + 2 Agree With Meals + 1 Enzyme Digestant

Training. Back, Biceps, Forearms.
    • Curl-grip Chins: +30 x 6.5 [***]; +25 x 6.5 [***]

... Great 2 sets of chins. First set I strapped on 30 lbs. Kept my form good really arched my back hard and everything like that. Squeezed the f*ck out of my lats. Big time. Really hit my lats and midback hard. Used a closer grip probably a little further in than shoulder width. Second set I used 25 lbs. and got the same # of reps. Wierd thing was that I used a much wider underhand grip. I think that this limited my ROM a tad but I still felt it hard in my lats. This really kinda made me mad but nothing too big of a deal. Need to stick with these weights next week until it becomes easy for me.

Incline Underhand Machine Rows: 180 x 7.5 [***]; 160 x 8 [***]

... Wow this exercise was INCREDIBLE. Really got some incredible contractions in my lats. Squeezed the hell out of them throughout both sets. Used an underhand grip that I was planning on using. First set I did 180 lbs. for 7.5 reps. Really squeezed my back hard on every single rep. Going to add a little weight next Tuesday, see how my body handles that. Second set was also very very intense, along with some great back contractions. Overall sets was excellent.

Crossbench Dumbbell Pullovers: 65 x 7 [***]

... This set was pretty good. Intense, but I had a little but of a struggle feeling it in my lats. I felt it under my arms in my lats but my chest was contracted the entire set so my chest was kind of hurting. Exercise seemed to pump my back and chest up. Good set though. Really stretched out my back and entire upper body basically at the bottom of each rep. This felt really good. Good overall set.

Seated V-bar Pulldowns: 185 x 7.5 [***]

... Wow great set here. Used 185 lbs. as you can see. This exercise really really really hammered my lats. Big time. Contractrions were out of this world! Never had back contractions that hard. Really squeezed the hell out of my lats. Great set. Kept my back arched the entire set and my ROM really really good.

Standing Barbell Curls: 120 x 5.5 [***]; 110 x 7 [***]

... Wow 2 CRAZY intense sets. First set I used 120 and I only got 5.5 reps. This pissed me off so f*cking much. My biceps were obviously burnt out from all of my back exercises. Really was pissed about this though. Wanted to get at least 6, maybe 7. Anyway INTENSE sets, good biceps contractions. Second set I did 110 for 7, not really 7 though my 7th rep was ALL BACK! Totally flung the weight up like a godd*mn a*shole.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 30 x 8.5 [***]

... Wow intense set here! Beat the f*ck outta my brachioradialis. Squeezed my forearms hard as f*ck at the top of each repetition. Really hammered my biceps and brachialis too. Nice and slow contractions really pumping up my forearms etc.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls: 85 x 8.5 [***]

... Good exercise here. Kept my elbows in tight throughout the entire
      movement. Great forearm exercise though. My brachioradialis was already beat up from the incline hammers and this just totally flamed them 100%. Good vascularity in my forearms though throughout this set, my girlfriend commented on it.

Overhand Barbell Static Holds: 315 x :08 [***]

... Wow first time doing these! I thought that I was going to be able to 405!! Put on 315 and tried it with an overhand grip in the power rack and damn my forearms were beat down! Grip gave out quickly. Used 315 for my workset and my girlfriend timed me. Eight seconds for 315, wow really kind of confused with this weight. Going to keep 315 next week and see if I can get 10 seconds maybe.

Training Length.
    • Training today was a little longer than usual, lasted 45 minutes. Great intensity though.

Water.
    • Pretty good amount today, definitely not enough after and during refeed meal though. I felt like I was going to vommit so I couldnt drink anything, I just went to bed.

Weight.
    • Preworkout today, clothed, without shoes, I weighed 201 lbs. This is good dropped a few lbs. since yesterday.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 04-09-2002 at 12:13 PM.

i see you take an enzyme digestant. what does it contain and how do you feel it benefits you ? thanks!
    heavy metal music is destroying my brain

johnny123-
    The enzyme digestant is basically just a general type of food digestant, I take GNC's brand. Seems to work well with ginger and Agree With Meals to relieve bloatedness and discomfort that I get from a 2000+ calorie meal. If you want to check out the ingredients theyre on page 1 of this journal, the 2nd post, describes pretty much everything that I am doing.

Re: Tuesday, 4-2-2002

... Wow refeed meal I was STUFFED like a damn turkey. Holy f*cking hell was my stomach packed with f*cking food! Felt like I was going to spew it all up the entire time. Tasted good at first but after a while I was just dumping in the food and it was actually really disgusting. Oh well. Ate my Mac & Cheese and then some Skittles and Jolly Ranchers along with some Gatorade etc.

2500 calories, 110g protein, 445g carbs, 26g fat

... Jesus I was PACKED with food here. 2500 calories in one f*cking meal. Holy sh*t.
    LMMFAO!!! I too am going back to the NHE. I felt better on it overall and I miss my bagels and frozen yogurt damnit!!! LMAO! Oh yea check out the article over at testosterone.net on overall calories and digestive enzymes. I'm gonna post a link to it in the diet forum. Aight bro laterz.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Marcel-
    Lol now man but last night I felt like I was going to THROW UP! Like seriously. I either need to eat my refeed meal over the course of like an hour or just do something. Because eating 2500 calories in like 15-25 minutes is just a killer on my stomach. I feel like I am going to puke it all back up. Hopefully spreading it out will relieve some of the killer vommit feelings...

Wednesday, April 3, 2002

Cardio.
    • Before Meal 1: 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating 1 minute level 6 with one minute level 8.

Diet.
    • Meal 1: Italan sausage + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream

Meal 2: green salad + Italian dressing + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream

Meal 3: Atkin's choclate bar

Meal 4: 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Overall Comments.
    • Woke up this morning tired, and full of gas. I am assuming that its from the refeed meal last night haha. Totally blowing my girlfriend away. Kind of funny actually.

Pain/Soreness.
    • Totally aching all over the place. Holy sh*t I am just screaming literally. My chest has never been so sore, my lats and midback are FLAMED completely. Deep muscle soreness. Biceps and triceps and forearms, all beat DOWN! Jesus.

Sleep.
    • 8 hours sleep last night. Slept well I guess. Just fell right asleep after my carbup meal because I felt like I was going to puke.

Supplements.
    • Precardio: 500 mg. ALA + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
    • Am SO F*CKING SORE today I am so glad that I have today off. Wow what a relief.

Water.
    • Took in a pretty good amount. Need to really keep it up. Especially with my low intake of carbs.

Weight.
    • Didnt weigh in today.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 04-09-2002 at 12:12 PM.

Holy shiat!! You ate that much food at one sitting? My stomach would hurt so bad from eating so much at one sitting, I wouldn't be able to do anything else the rest of the day.

All I can say is that you must like to torture yourself. No food one day (tiny little stomach shrinks up even more) then the next... BOOM the atomic bomb of all meals complete w/ Jolly Rancher and Gatorade to boot.

Mostar, you worry me. But I think you already know this.

Wannabebig Member
    Monstar there is no way you need to eat 2400 cals in one sitting. You yourself said it makes you uncomfortable. That alone should tell you something. Spread it out over 3-6 or even 12 hours.

CBates-
    Yeah bro youre telling me! That is a sh*tload of f*cking food you have no damn idea. I feel like I am going to puke it all back up like completely. Its just ridiculous but it kills my cravings for days and gives me something to look forward to when I do crave something.

MarshallPenn-
    Haha I must like to torture myself. Who knows, my girlfriend thinks that me working out all the time is me torturing myself completely. I dont know whatever I am just trying to get results. Thats all that matters to me.

MWB-
    I dont know I mean it may not be necessary for me to eat 2400 calories in one sitting but I like feeling completely full, just totally pigged out like I binged, just makes me eliminate all my cravings and everything like that. Seems to do more benefit with soreness and everything like that than harm.

Monstar - What I mean by you must like to torture yourself is that you must know all this dieting and personally keeping the supplement industry afloat are in no way necessary to get the results you want. Starving yourself and having cravings is not a good thing, both physically and mentally.

So I think that either you know that, and you just enjoy all this because you entertain yourself thinking about all this stuff, or you really don't know it and think that you really have to put yourself through this torture to get results. (Lately, your comments have indicated the later - like "pizza is not diet food". Of course it is!)

I would suggest two things - one is read up on some eastern philosophy. The concept of trying less is a wonderful one. You may find you acheive results much quicker this way.

Secondly, find someone who has the results you want (which includes living the lifestyle you'd LIKE to live, food and all) and emulate their behavior. Notice BigChaseyChase packing on the pounds of muscle like a maniac, ask him what he's doing!
    Last edited by MarshallPenn; 04-04-2002 at 07:02 AM.

MashallPenn-
    I have to commend you on an excellent post bro, completely excellent. Seriously. Anyway this is the lifestyle I want. I mean I know that it sounds crazy but cutting back for a few days and then pigging out is exactly the way that I like to do it. Its basically what I have done for the past 6 years.

I used to stick to a low/moderate carb diet and then every few days I would take a few hours or maybe even a day off and pig out. I would gain a little bit of fat but the day after a pig out, I would have incredible strength and pumps etc. in the gym. I was getting great results, and the results that I wanted. What more can you ask for?

NHE is an awesome diet and it gives awesome results. Maybe fat loss more than straight up mass gains but I think that NHE can be done in way that will help muscle gains. I think.

... Finally hit 3000 views. Haha I dont even know how my views are so f*cking high. What is BigChaseyChase doing differently then me?

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    Secondly, find someone who has the results you want (which includes living the lifestyle you'd LIKE to live, food and all) and emulate their behavior. Notice BigChaseyChase packing on the pounds of muscle like a maniac, ask him what he's doing! [/B]
    Good post to try to help MS out, but I don't really think taking over habits of somebody else is the way to go. Eating or training. Everybodys body is so different, that BigChaseyChase could eat 4000 calories a day and stay pretty lean and gain muscle, where if I ate that many calories I'd blow up like a fat hippopotamus.
    Last edited by CBates; 04-04-2002 at 09:58 AM.

CBates-
    Yeah I am the same way bro, if I eat a lot over my maintenace calories Ill definitely pack on the lard pounds. Totally pathetic metabolism. Really frustrating actually. Did you used to be fat man your arms looked jacked as f*cking hell in your pic.

... BigChaseyChase isnt on any kind of anabolics or anything like that? 4000+ calories a day and not getting fat seems a little extreme.