Thread: Meet results

Meet results

drove out to Gatlingburg early Thursday morning and just barely made weigh in at noon Friday, I weighed in at 232, 10 pounds light due to being sick all week. Took the boys out all day to play around Gatlinburg area.

Meet started with rules at 8:30 am and ended with awards at 11:00pm! It was a long ass day with around 100 lifters. I took my first squat at around 10:00 and my first bench aroud 4:30, so a huge wait in between lifts.

I wore all single ply gear, the squat suit is a 2 year old loner and dl suit I am the third owner of and I can pull on myself easy.

ok, here we go:

squats, opened with 750, felt heavy coming out of the rack, but easy lift.
    second, 775, felt real heavy, good lift
    third, this was to beat my best ever double ply squat so I went 805 (pr), felt like a ton out of the rack, and it was close to the hardest i have ever pushed but good lift, nice a deep.

bench, warm ups went well, opened with 500, easy.
    second, 530, shirt slipped on setup but still grinded it out.
    third 550 (pr) nice clean lift

deadlift, I upped my opener to 645 so I would I have 2000 total, easy lift.
    second 675 for a pr, got it. Total 2030. Thought about taking 700 for a ride, but it was around 10:00pm and I had not eaten much all day and already had a pr, so we called it quits.

squat- 805
    bench- 550
    dl- 675
    total- 2030@232

all world records and all pr's. I am now elite raw, single and multi-ply.

One person had a bigger total than I did but he also weighed 100lbs more.

there were lifters from 14 to 80 years old, and even a female that got a prostetic leg a week ago and still benched and deadlifted, just amazing.

Got to meet a alot of great lifters, and some people that post here, and it was a pleasure.

It was long drive back and I ended up getting a migraine and I am still bit sick from it as I type, but other than that a good weekend, no injuries for anyone and the boys had a great time. Got all lifts except one on video and will be posting those in the next few days.
    sponsored by Anderson powerlifting (Titan gear) AtLarge nutrition and APT prowriststraps

How sad do you have to be to lie to people on the internet. How weak or broken do you have to be to lie about how tough you are, how much you lift or how big or lean you are? You are lying to people you will never meet. The worst part is your the only one that does not see the lies show through so clearly. Just be happy with what you have, it may not be what you once had, but it is still better than many will ever have

Nice work man! Hitting all your lifts in a meet is very impressive!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Very impressive lifts man!! You are elite in everything now too, huh? That's awesome.

AWESOME RESULTS AND SICK NUMBERS MAN! wow! over 2k at that bodyweight! hahaha badass brutha!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Congrats dude. Sounds like it was an awesome meet.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

:)

You had an awesome day! Definatly bring your boys again they are a great cheering section!! Congrats that you are Elite in everything now! It was great to meet you down there.
    Run? Are you crazy? I wouln't even run for the dinner bell! I don't remember seeing running as a part of Push/Pull.

Wannabebig Member
    Awesome job! You brought your A game.

Quote Originally Posted by SoreFoot8343 View Post
    You had an awesome day! Definatly bring your boys again they are a great cheering section!! Congrats that you are Elite in everything now! It was great to meet you down there.
    for those that do not know, sorefoot here is the lady (here name is Dana) that I was speaking of that just got the prosethic (sp?) leg and still competed, just an absolute inspiration to be around. On top of that she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She drove all the way from Jersey to be there.
    sponsored by Anderson powerlifting (Titan gear) AtLarge nutrition and APT prowriststraps

How sad do you have to be to lie to people on the internet. How weak or broken do you have to be to lie about how tough you are, how much you lift or how big or lean you are? You are lying to people you will never meet. The worst part is your the only one that does not see the lies show through so clearly. Just be happy with what you have, it may not be what you once had, but it is still better than many will ever have

Always listening & learnin lil' power's Avatar
    Congrats on your elite totals!

It was great meeting you again, those boys of yours were all over you
    You could just see in their eyes how proud of their dad they were!

Thanks for renaming me "big" power. It was a long meet, I didn't get my first DL in until 9 pm, glad Jesse is moving it to a 2 day meet next year.

Vikki

Quote Originally Posted by SoreFoot8343 View Post
    Was nice meeting you Saturday! I will be sending you pics.

Quote Originally Posted by elitepler View Post
    for those that do not know, sorefoot here is the lady (here name is Dana) that I was speaking of that just got the prosethic (sp?) leg and still competed, just an absolute inspiration to be around. On top of that she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She drove all the way from Jersey to be there.
    I was there Saturday. I don't know if we met or not. I did not compete. I was there to help Vicki.

Will you be doing recordbreakers in november. I am deadlifting in that one.
    Last edited by Donnajo; 10-06-2008 at 01:22 PM.

your performance was the most impressive there last weekend. again, it was an honor.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Yeah it was definatly an honor to see you go Elite in everything!! That is awesome.. Ok so now what are you going to do? I'd prolly sit back and enjoy some high test coffee with all those records under your belt! lol I'd love to see how your pics came out if you got any.
    Run? Are you crazy? I wouln't even run for the dinner bell! I don't remember seeing running as a part of Push/Pull.

WOW. I think that is the most anyone can hope for in a meet. Do you have any pictures or videos?

Edit: Pff sorry just saw the thread with your vids.
    Last edited by Hazerboy; 10-07-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

Banned
    That was some great work bud!