Hey everybody,

I'm currently 6 ft and 158 lbs, my goal is to be about 180 lbs and maintain my BF% (somewhere around 10%). Also, I know cardio isn't going to help me gain weight, but playing basketball is FUN and I'm not going to quit.

I'm trying to put together a 3 day split. The reason I want to do a split that only trains each group once a week is because I'm usually sore for 48 hours after lifting.

Day 1: Chest/Tri/Abs
Day 2: Cardio (basketball)
Day 3: Back/Bis
Day 4: Cardio (basketball)
Day 5: Legs/Abs
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Cardio (basketball)

I have some questions:

1) In all of the example PUSH/PULL/LEG workouts I've looked at, deadlifts are always grouped in with the PULL day. I understand that deadlifts work your back, but it seems weird to me that they don't go on the Leg day. Wouldn't it be counterproductive to do Deadlifts on Day 3 as part of my back routine and then try to do Legs on Day 5 (when my legs are still sore)?

2) What rep range and number of sets should I be looking at for each muscle group? In other words, if I do a 5x5 of Bench Press, can I then follow it up with a 5x5 of Incline Bench on the same day, or is that too much stress?

3) For my compound exercises (bench, incline, squat, deadlift, rows, etc) I was planning on doing 5 sets of 5 reps. Appropriate?

4) For my non-compound exercises (i.e. skull crushers, hammer curls, and calf raises), should I be doing 5 sets of 5 reps, or 3 sets of 8 or 10 reps or what?

Thanks in advance for your replies.