Thread: Vincent, how'd you do??

Vincent, how'd you do??

Any news on how Vin did today? I know he was doing Zane and Sandi's meet if I'm not mistaken.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Any news on how Vin did today? I know he was doing Zane and Sandi's meet if I'm not mistaken.
    i was there to see vin yesterday and im sure he won i will let him tell you his numbers. gr8 job vin
    R.McCRAY The General Of The GUERRILLAPRESS ARMY

I hit my opener of 760. The way it flew up I was planning on something big for a third. Yeah, I should have been more worried about the 825 on my second. I blew it up but could not lock it. Took it again and the same thing happened. I was really hard on myself. I called my wife to tell her the news and she quickly reminded me that I have been training for the Olympia rep competition not for a max single. I did this meet for fun and I should treat it as such.

I really know what I need to work on now. Lot's of guys have been telling me how they overload the weight on the boards when wearing the shirt. I am a little stubborn and old school and have been reluctant to change my ways. Looks like it's time for this old dog to learn some new tricks. I also saw my future a bit. I will soon be forty and there will come a time when I may not be able to pr's anymore, but I can still compete on a good level. I won my class and best bencher overall and I am happy with that.

The McCaslin's put on a great meet. The judging was on the tight side and very consistent. I like that. If you ever get a chance to compete in one do so. They really love powerlifting and are very appreciative of every lifter that shows up.

It was good to see Tee Tee at the meet. Thanks for coming big guy. Looking massive. It was good to see E-bol as well. A big thanks to the crew. Matt, Kenny, and Josh who were there to help me. Having great training partners to help you is a must to lift to your full potential. Great job by Drew hitting a big 69 lb pr. That's quite an interesting pr number.

I'll get some vid up of my lifting today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 10-12-2008 at 08:38 AM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

great job Vin. do what you need to do, and i'm sure you will have 825 easy in the near future.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Nice work, sounds like once you get that lockout back up to par 825 will be there.

Great job Vin!

The fact that you moved 825 that quick and that close to lockout is great news. I'm sure you'll hit it in no time at all

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

i was glad to see you cats as well
    R.McCRAY The General Of The GUERRILLAPRESS ARMY

Banned
    Nice job Vin!

Banned
    All Vincent's benches FLEW off his chest. Crazy speed and explosion. He'll get the lockout squared away. The old man has a few more good years in him, despite his cries of 'his future". He's such a drama queen sometimes.

Awesome job Cenzo. Those numbers will fall. Talk to ya this week.

I'd never thought I would use Vincents name and fast in the same sentence, but in all my years I have never seen any bench over or close to 800 move sooo fast. Dude your a freak.

I'm sad I missed it. I'm sure my facial hair would have propelled you to glory. Still 760 two weeks after the Olympia is sick.
    Roll Tide.

Seeng VD lift!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny-SFW View Post
    I have never seen any bench over or close to 800 move sooo fast. Dude your a freak.
    It was great to see VD lift in person. I even got to chat a few words. IE: Travis's advice on how to break in my new shirt It was great to watch and learn from the guys at the top of the sport. It was a great meet. But then again all of Sandi's meets are awesome!

I was able to see guys that I haven't seen in like forever, John B (thank you for the quick prayers for my bench), Chase, Sandi,Zane and the girls, Big Tone, Shawn, Brooke...

ps: I was able to bench 10lb more (355)than @ last weekends meet. I think it was all from John B's prayers and Joel helping me get set on the bench and lift off! It made a world of difference. 355 felt very easy (even with being sick w/ sinus issues). This season ended with a good note and giving me a starting spot for what I need to do for next yr.
    Run? Are you crazy? I wouln't even run for the dinner bell! I don't remember seeing running as a part of Push/Pull.

Great job Vincent!

Question: Have you ever used band work for your ME training? In other words, a ****load of band tension to really work the lockout?

Great job Vin. This was probably the most fun I've ever had a meet.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

solid work vin as always.. like your wife said you weren't training for this one you were trianing for the olympia..825 and MORE will fall in no time for you buddy..start slammign those triceps!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

Having been there to see it, Fast is definitely a good choice of words. Great job Vin. Definitely a good time had by all.

Wannabebig Member
    Your bench was flawless Vin, and strong as balls. Thanks for coming to the meet. It was great seeing you again. I hope you enjoy your AtLarge shopping spree :-)

Your bench was awesome Vin. I was amazed at how fast that 760 moved. Thanks for all your encouragement. I owe you what? $250 or so for the use of your RhodesMaster5000 Handoff machine?