Thread: When to cut carbs at night?

When to cut carbs at night?

I'm cutting, and trying to be pretty agressive about it (I have a lot of fat to loose). I've heard a lot of people state that their last meal is without carbs or they cut carbs off at night.

How long before bed should I stop taking in carbs?

Thanks,
    Thomas

If you are going to cut carbs out I would only do it in your meal before bed.

I personally, don't cut carbs out of any meal whether I'm trying to lose fat or gain weight.

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    You don't need to cut carbs out at night, just watch how many calories the meal is as your metabolism is at it's lowest at night.

Hulk should be running my article on carb restriction dieting soon, so that should clear up some of the confusion.

ST
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

ST, looking forward to the article. So I guess I can continue to have protein powder with milk at night and not worry about the few extra carbs then.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Always bad with diet
    It gets confusing though when you work out late at night like myself, where I believe I should be eating a carb filled meal after my workout, even though its like 10pm. Right?

3-4 hours before bed
    (if we talk about 25g and more of course)

5-10 minutes before going to bed....maybe wait an hour or so if eating before bed fooks with your sleeping. Carb tapering is bollox.

yea it is bollox but eat 30-50 g of carbs 10 mins before sleeping and then say goodbye to the gh release

I think keeping liver glycogen saturated is more important then a pretty much negligible effect from natural GH release during sleep.