Thread: 10 week cutting diets

Always bad with diet

10 week cutting diets

I am trying to prepare a 10 week cutting diet, so I can hopefully start to get rid of my jelly rolls, and the fat around my biceps, most important, I need to lose about 4 inches on my waist to fit into my suit for a wedding I have to go to at the end of May. What should my guidelines be? I have been trying to eat about 3000 cals a day , I lost some weight, but know Im thinking about some other kind of diet, to speed it up, I dont have much time left. Plus, I think I need to start getting up in the a.m. and doing some cardio before work. Any suggestions? Im leaning toward a low-carb diet, it looks like a lot of users here go with that. Sadly to say. I am embarassed with my body.

What do you currently weigh, what is your bodyfat %?

Low carb is the right way to go, if you can workout in the morning you will achieve a maximum effect from your exercise as your metabolism will be raised all day.

Unless you are a pretty big guy 3000 calories seems a lot.

You will need at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean bodyweight and between .5 and 1 gram of carbs per pound of lean bodyweight (lower on non workout days).

An ECA type supplement like Hydroxycut or Xenadrine will help you too.

Losing 4 inches from your waist by the end of May is a tall order - aim to look and feel better by the end of May, your happiness should not depend on the tape measure.

Unless you commit to a permanent change in your lifestyle that embraces regular exercise and good nutrition you will never be satisfied with your appearnce.

It's a lifetime's work my friend.

Good luck

Always bad with diet
    I am pretty big. 6'2 240lbs. I dont know my bodyfat %, but my waist is around 38-39. All the fat is around my waist and sides, and some around my bicep area. That are is complete crap. My shoulders, chest, and tris, are fine, but my biceps are so engulfed with flab. I have no peak on them at all.

Well, you should aim for a 12 week plan, at least.
    Then, reduce your daily caloric intake by 200-300 for a week while introducing some intervals to your schedule (30min. - 3 times per week) and see how this goes.
    Furthermore, you should have your bodyfat checked asap, because this is more important than your bodyweight and therefore this is what you really have to reduce.

Always bad with diet
    Where should I start restricting my cal intake from?
    3000 cals , or is there a mathematical way to do it?
    I sometimes have a hard time counting my cals, but I am figuring if I get alot of protein from good sources, watch my carb intake later on in the day, and drink a lot of water, I should still be able to transform my body pretty good.

Wiz:

Don't you mean 200-300 p/day per week ? Losing 200-300 calories p/week (total) won't do much.

I've been decreasing 200 cal/ p/day p/week and have lost about 10 lbs. in 5 weeks.
    Best Regards,

MACHINE
    Originally posted by mr_hand
    engulfed with flab
    Damn man, take it easy on yourself... I'd suggest probably trying about 2500 calories a day, split up over 6 meals. Low carbs, high protein, moderate fat intake.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

I would go a bit higher than 2500 cals. Im eating about that now and am losing some fat at 197lbs.

I would try 3000. Eat clean. Monitor your progress, step on the scale once a week and see what happens. Shoot for NO MORE than 2lbs loss per week and if you lose more just adjust the cals for the following week; if you dont lose = adjust the cals.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

3000 may well be OK. Your body will burn around 12 calories per lb per day just sitting still and as 12 x 240 = 2880 you would not have to do much to be in a calorific deficit.

Regular exercise should take you way over 3000 calories per day.

Remember that as your bodyweight comes down you have to eat less calories to continue to lose fat.

Always bad with diet
    Yeah, i guess I'll keep on 3000 for another week, cuz I am gonna try to start hitting the treadmill a couple times a week when i wake up for about 20 minutes, plus start playing some basketball.

Always bad with diet
    I always start off eating good, but sometimes its so hard to get all those cals in me especially when Im watching my carbs. Like 8oz of chicken breast is only 280 cals, then i gotta find over 200 more cals, while watching my carbage.