Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 162

Thread: (Q&A) Ask me questions about speed training, agility, endurance, strength etc.

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_expert View Post

    You get advice from assisted 700 benchers?
    No, we get advice from 700 benchers. The spotters stay out1of it.

    Edit, actually I think Vin is up to 800 if I am not mistaken... so make that 800 benchers. (no worries Travis, 700 on the platform, #1 in our hearts)
    Last edited by Reko; 10-21-2008 at 09:34 PM.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Reko View Post
    No, we get advice from 700 benchers. The spotters stay out of it.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #53
    Banned KingJustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,025
    I didn't read a whole lot of this thread, but what I did read was mostly good and it seems like the OP is pretty knowledgeable.

    But the thing is that there's a lot of people on this board that are probably just as much, if not more, knowledgeable in regards to application in the weight room/on the track. Most of these people are not anonymous at all about who they are, and they still don't come here and make their first post, "Ask me questions and I will give the best possible answers." It's just overly cocky.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJustin View Post
    I didn't read a whole lot of this thread, but what I did read was mostly good and it seems like the OP is pretty knowledgeable.

    But the thing is that there's a lot of people on this board that are probably just as much, if not more, knowledgeable in regards to application in the weight room/on the track. Most of these people are not anonymous at all about who they are, and they still don't come here and make their first post, "Ask me questions and I will give the best possible answers." It's just overly cocky.
    Seriously! Just stop all the drama and tell us who you are and where to see your work.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJustin View Post
    I didn't read a whole lot of this thread, but what I did read was mostly good and it seems like the OP is pretty knowledgeable.

    But the thing is that there's a lot of people on this board that are probably just as much, if not more, knowledgeable in regards to application in the weight room/on the track. Most of these people are not anonymous at all about who they are, and they still don't come here and make their first post, "Ask me questions and I will give the best possible answers." It's just overly cocky.


    ding ding ding....we have a winner Johnny!

  6. #56
    Speed Coach and Lifter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45
    wow too many posts to individually reply to, I got a request, im not asking you to believe in my religion, however if you're all overly sensitive to what may seem to you as "anonymous help" then I dont need to do anything on here. However I can guarantee you 100% my info. is legit and top notch as top speed trainer charlie francis (I use similar training templates, and similar programs such as s-l / l-s as he does) would agree on everything I say. I have adopted ideas from other speed trainers such as clyde hart and john smith. John smith was the leader of HSI and coached ato boldon, maurice greene, and john drummond and others. Clyde hart coached michael johnson, coached jeremy wariner and currently coaches sanya richards. All among the worlds best ever in their respective events. With micheal johnson being the 400m world record holder and Maurice greene holding the most sprint titles in history.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_expert View Post
    wow too many posts to individually reply to, I got a request, im not asking you to believe in my religion, however if you're all overly sensitive to what may seem to you as "anonymous help" then I dont need to do anything on here. However I can guarantee you 100% my info. is legit and top notch as top speed trainer charlie francis (I use similar training templates, and similar programs such as s-l / l-s as he does) would agree on everything I say. I have adopted ideas from other speed trainers such as clyde hart and john smith. John smith was the leader of HSI and coached ato boldon, maurice greene, and john drummond and others. Clyde hart coached michael johnson, coached jeremy wariner and currently coaches sanya richards. All among the worlds best ever in their respective events. With micheal johnson being the 400m world record holder and Maurice greene holding the most sprint titles in history.

    So based on your logic, since I utilize methods from Louie Simmons, Mel Siff, and Zatsiorsky et al, I am easily on par with them in terms of my capabilities as a coach and a scholar.


    thats some wonderfully flawed logic you have there...

  8. #58
    Banned markdk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,116
    I don't want to offend you, but you guarantee us?

    Okay, I guarantee everyone I am an astrophysicist. .....Really

  9. #59
    Who me? Chubrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,761
    Here's my one nice post for the day. Nobody is getting on your case because you want to answer questions. Everybody is getting on your case because you set up shop with a Q&A and haven't sufficiently introduced yourself.

    Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_expert View Post
    I have a degree in kinesiology and exercise physiology.....high school track coach....
    Whoa! Stand back, everyone! Genius on deck!

  11. #61
    Speed Coach and Lifter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45
    It is very hard for me to PHYSICALLY prove to you who I am and even if i did due to my lack of experience (reason being my age) I wouldnt stand out simply once again due to my number of coaching years.

    Now if you dont believe in my ideas, why dont you try and disaprove them? I see SOO many responses on different forums when someone asks help for speed training, and they come and respond...

    get out there and sprint

    My response would be more like..
    4x30m/6x60m (2 minute rest between 30s, 5 mins rest between 60s)

    Come on guys, common sense

  12. #62
    Who me? Chubrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,761
    Once again, nobody is discouraging you from answering questions. However, when you set up a "Q&A" you come off as arrogant. You would've been better to say that you've been working with track athletes and that while you're new to the coaching game, you hope to help people with any questions they might have.

    Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

  13. #63
    I "was" getting tired... 40 Nunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Once again, nobody is discouraging you from answering questions. However, when you set up a "Q&A" you come off as arrogant. You would've been better to say that you've been working with track athletes and that while you're new to the coaching game, you hope to help people with any questions they might have.
    Exactly...

    No one asked you a question. You started a post saying "I know everything"... You might be wise beyond your years but to tell some that you're wise beyond your years is arrogant
    "There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are a pussy. Let me be clear here: if you'd rather take steroids than do your squats heavy and drink enough milk, then you are a ****ing Pussy. I have no time or patience for ****ing Pussies. Please tell everyone you know that I said this." Mark Rippetoe

  14. #64
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    i think "speed expert" has some very good information here guys so lets not be to hard on him.

    to SE though, you do need to be careful not to make people think you think you are the be all and end all of speed training because of a couple of undergraduate degrees. The best indicator of someone's level of expertise is the longevity within the sport and the level of accomplishments of their athletes.

    There is good solid info in here though


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  15. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_expert View Post
    It is very hard for me to PHYSICALLY prove to you who I am

    give us some of your published research, journal articles, or other published writings.

    Then give us your name, where & who you have coached.

    Only then will the title of expert be conferred


    your logic is still flawed greatly

  16. #66
    SchModerator ZenMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,476
    Agreed^^......*runs to jump on wagon*

    I guarntee the OP that there are far more knowledgable users on this board who we would rather have a Q&A session with. Noble is right too, your logic sucks and has no real utility. And like another poster said, just because you have X degree does not entail that you know what you are doing, much less giving advice on. If you have something to assert, then do it in a created thread in whcih someone has one of the aforementioned goals you spoke of...

    No doubt there is some good info and if you are indeed what you proclaim then its nice to have you here, but you have to had expected this type of response. Everyone's BS dectectors are on high when they come here, as it should be.
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 10-22-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

  17. #67
    Speed Coach and Lifter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45
    Too many posts to individually reply to, simply answering questions here does not require years on of experience unless it comes to dealing with injuries and rehab issues.
    I guarantee you no one on this forum has my level of speed knowledge as you claim otherwise, I'd like you to prove it.

  18. #68
    Banned markdk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,116
    That and all you need to do to get a degree is pass tests. Applying that knowledge effectively is the main factor of success.

  19. #69
    Who me? Chubrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,761
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_expert View Post
    I guarantee you no one on this forum has my level of speed knowledge as you claim otherwise, I'd like you to prove it.
    Way to not come off as an *******.

    Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

  20. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_expert View Post
    Too many posts to individually reply to, simply answering questions here does not require years on of experience unless it comes to dealing with injuries and rehab issues.
    I guarantee you no one on this forum has my level of speed knowledge as you claim otherwise, I'd like you to prove it.
    Prove it.

    Who have you trained? What have they done while under you?
    We still don't even know your name so we can see if you have published anything or have some sort of results from this expert knowledge.

    When Travis or Vin gives bench advice, I know its legit because I can youtube their 700 and 800 pound benches. I know where they are coming from and trust their judgment.

    You on the other hand, came on and said, go ahead ask me anything I am the expert. We don't have to prove you aren't, you have to prove you are.
    Last edited by Reko; 10-22-2008 at 02:50 PM.

  21. #71
    SchModerator ZenMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_expert View Post
    I'd like you to prove it.
    Um.... the burden of this falls on you "Expert"
    Sarvamangalam!

  22. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    give us some of your published research, journal articles, or other published writings.

    Then give us your name, where & who you have coached.

    Only then will the title of expert be conferred


    your logic is still flawed greatly
    we eagerly await your response

  23. #73
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_expert View Post
    Too many posts to individually reply to, simply answering questions here does not require years on of experience unless it comes to dealing with injuries and rehab issues.
    I guarantee you no one on this forum has my level of speed knowledge as you claim otherwise, I'd like you to prove it.
    well you certainly changed my opinion LOL

    I think this type of attitude will kind of seal your fate as far as how well your "expertise" is received around here especially when being disrespectful to pro powerlifters accomplishemnts

    have a nice day


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  24. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324
    There should be a mandatory class on internet manners before you can log onto any board...

  25. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    There should be a mandatory class on internet manners before you can log onto any board...
    Brad would fail

Similar Threads

  1. RESULTS results thread
    By KingWilder in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 754
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 01:40 PM
  2. Negative only training
    By drmarkp in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 09:58 AM
  3. 100 really cool tips
    By HighSchoolGuy in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 09:22 PM
  4. The Real Deal
    By chris mason in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-17-2001, 02:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •