Thread: WSFSB Part 3 Vs. WBB1.1

WSFSB Part 3 Vs. WBB1.1

For those of you who are familiar with Westside For Skinny Bastards Part 3 and Wannabebigs WBB1.1 what do you think is the better routine for putting on size. In my opinion the WBB1.1 would be better for putting on size while WSFSB Part 3 i more of an "athletic" workout.

how does the athletic workout go? i myself want to get more athletic

Google Defrancos Westside For Skinny Bastards Part 3...Its a good program IMO but I am not sure its too focused on size but rather speed and strength. I am currently in the middle of my season so its a good workout for me.

Size depends on diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobs View Post
    Size depends on diet.
    Ya I know that but amount of weight, number of reps, number of sets, etc... also play a role in size. For instance the WSFSB has a max effort upper body day with different rep schemes than the repitition upper body day. The WBB1.1 has a completely different rep scheme that IMO would be more effective in putting on size. I know diet and rest play a huge role in building muscle size.

No, you don't know. The amount of weight you gain is directly related to the amount of calories you eat and the amount of calories you burn. Between the two programs, it looks like WSFSB has a running component that's going to burn extra cals. With the increased number of workouts your appetite is likely going to increase and balance that out, but in the end if the amount of cals eaten is greater than the amount burned throughout the day you'll gain weight. Just pick whichever one you like the best, lift heavy, and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Ya I know that but amount of weight, number of reps, number of sets, etc... also play a role in size.
    No they don't. Calories play a role in size, period. Reps and sets schemes will play a role in how much of that size is muscle, and not fat (along with diet), but thats about it. Unless you're already a big guy or a strong ass mo fo then you probably have no idea what rep schemes work best for you.

Its my personal opinion that if you're a skinny kid who hasn't lifted weights much then as long as you squat, deadlift, bench, row, etc, and eat a **** ton of food, you're going to make gains no matter what routine you're on. You may make gains better on one routine vs. another but its a little hard to tell which is going to be the best for you until you figure out what WORKS for you. (though there are several routines that are absolute crap).

Whats your best squat/deadlift/bench press, your height, and your body weight? give us these and we can better assist you in what routine you're choosing.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.