The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Wanna get bigger

Hello, Im new here,im looking into getting bigger,especially that now im in highschool.Ive always been the really light weight kid,and never really could defend myself.I'm 15 years old.5,8 only 120 pounds,i have a funnel chest that goes in about a inch,have been always self concious about taking off my shirt at the pool or beach.

Ive Recently been trying to work out.but my bench weight is only like 75-80lbs.I've tried drinking smoothy type drinks,with peanut butter,bananna.for a full month and didnt see much results,but i keep trying,becuase it has to do some good.

I would like to hear like routines for people my size,which i doubt theres anyone my size on here.
    Last edited by Ex3poo; 09-23-2008 at 04:12 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Eat more. There are lots of people on this site like you.
    Pro logic
    Musteat

Come to mind
    Last edited by Reko; 09-23-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Get in the weight room at your high school and do some squats and deadlifts.

Eat everything that isn't bolted down.

Sleep 8-10 hours per night.

You'll become a beast.

Trying not to die young.

should i be able to squat my own weight , or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ex3poo View Post
    should i be able to squat my own weight , or more?
    Don't worry about how much you can lift right away. Focus on proper form, eat a ton, sleep and your lifts will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Persicutor View Post
    Don't worry about how much you can lift right away. Focus on proper form, eat a ton, sleep and your lifts will skyrocket.

This is excellent advice.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 195

PRs
    Dead: 426, Squat: 335, Bench: 225 / Total: 986
    Goals
    Dead: 495, Squat: 405, Bench: 275 / Total: 1175
    Journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...19#post1996419

Wannabebig Member
    Listen eat lot of carbohydrates like bread, spaghetti, potato. back in high school to bulk up i would eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwich. every time you eat one make sure its on white bread and about 3 huge spoons of peanut butter. and the jelly to your taste. have one sandwich before bed. you need to add mass. in the morning eat about 4 whole eggs. make an egg sandwich have oatmeal about a cup. flavored or not doesnt matter. remember you are looking for size. lunch tuna sandwich. try to eat red meat and white rice for dinner. eat 5-6 times daily. Try to get your self a weight gainer. drink one after your workout with water. like this your going to bulk up. keep a record of your lifts. every week add 5 lbs more to your last set. you will see how your going to start changing. weight your self and do push-ups every day. that is calisthenics its good for you also pull-ups. EAT FOR STRENGHT PUSH FOR GROWTH. and listen to what they are telling you here dont worry about how much you can lift. you want form and dont want to get injured. always stretch the working muscle before, during and after sets. if you start getting injured now it is going to mess you up years later. HAVE FUN KID!!!!!!!!!

Wannabebig Member
    dude, if you don't have a gym, just do the basics

push ups (make a game out of it to see how many reps you can increase a week, i got to 120, it was fun)
    calf raises
    situps/crunches/alternating crunches
    diamond pushups
    planks (front and sides)

there is much more you can do than that, but those are the basics. that isn't anywhere near as good as a gym but FAR better than not going. P.S. i'm 16 and the first 2 years of lifting my bench was only about 115. now that i'm hardcore lifting, i bench more than i weigh in reps. You just have to work your ass off. and EAT Eat eat
    Current Age: 16
    Weight: 150
    Height: 5'7"
    Bench: 1X2 of 180
    Squat: 270
    Clean: 145
    dead lift: 1X3 295

Wannabebig New Member

EAT!

Eat, lift and be dedicated! you wont see results in a few days just keep eating and lifting and you will see results

I was you in High School but I thought I was too small to even lift weights, so I'm 19 and in 2nd year of college now.

Advice that I wish I could listen to more is to Eat food, protein, don't give up because kid are bigger than you and STAY CONSISTENT. I dont care how much you can lift at all, I care that you go every other day, rest on the weekends and repeat.

You have come to the right place. Squat heavy and squat often.
    Sarvamangalam!

Wannabebig Member
    Just remember that you're 15 and don't need to worry about lifting big and choking down tons of supplements just yet. Just nail down the basic form and get more serious as you get older. That's seemed to work well for a coupla big guys I know...
    6'0" 185

Hey guys!

Sorry to post in a kind of old thread,but since I wanted to show the results of the advice given.

I have been eating like a "beast" and being accepted into my Highschools varsity football teams workout practices,I've been given the support I wanted.I know I've been something right,because I have gained about 10lbs on my bench.And 3 lbs on my body weight.

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo4kp2.jpg
    I will keep everyone updated,and thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by Ex3poo; 10-22-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    Will be strong one day!