The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

In desperate need of westsiders!

Can somebody in this forum go in this website and preach people about westside routines? The place is so infested with Rippetoans, Pushpullleggers, Madcowers and all that crap. I've been trying to convince people to do westside but it's not working. Maybe Mike Wolfe and Travis Bell or the other pro lifters in here can "spread the word" in this forum.

Here it is: http://cagedanimal.net/

My username is also meatymight. I keep my journal there.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Who cares. Let them waste their time. Besides that, I think Wolfey is training at Curves now.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Banned
    I don't wanna be close minded but... Who in the right mind wouldn't wanna do westside? It covers the three methods that are needed for athletes of all kinds! There's one dude who actually made an article that is AGAINST the westside methods: http://cagedanimal.net/viewtopic.php?t=2229

"I am actually interested to hear opinions on this article. I tend to agree. Never liked Westside too much. They are not as strong as they claim they are "

- Coldfire (One of the millions of dumbass gym rats in the world!)
    Last edited by meatymight; 10-23-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Who cares. Let them waste their time. Besides that, I think Wolfey is training at Curves now.
    LOL... Actually he's training at Bally's!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JayM181 View Post
    LOL... Actually he's training at Bally's!!!
    I don't know who to feel sorry for. Mike Wolfe witnessing the hellhole that is filled with nautilus/smith machine/cybex enthusiasts, or the nautilus/smith machine/cybex enthusiasts themselves...

I thought he made some ok points. Always need to keep an open mind. Not agreeing with everything he wrote by any means.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

LOL!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

LOL Vin that was hilarious!

meatymight, I am complimented that you came here when thinking of help for Westside based routines.

However, I won't be going to that forum. At least not right now, with the intent on comming in and "setting everyone straight" so to speak. I love sharing our methods with people who are willing to learn and are desirous of hearing what we do at Westside, but I have too many things to do to be wasting my time trying to explain our methods and why they DO in fact work to people who have neither the ability nor the desire to reach their potential. Some people use the excuse of programs not working to justify their weakness and lack of drive.

Such is life. Myself, I choose to push myself to the best because I looked at guys such as Louie Simmons, Vincent Dizenzo, Jesse Kellum, George Halbert and many others.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Damn that was Harsh Hahahaha!!!!
    MONSTER MODE

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    LOL Vin that was hilarious!

meatymight, I am complimented that you came here when thinking of help for Westside based routines.

However, I won't be going to that forum. At least not right now, with the intent on comming in and "setting everyone straight" so to speak. I love sharing our methods with people who are willing to learn and are desirous of hearing what we do at Westside, but I have too many things to do to be wasting my time trying to explain our methods and why they DO in fact work to people who have neither the ability nor the desire to reach their potential. Some people use the excuse of programs not working to justify their weakness and lack of drive.

Such is life. Myself, I choose to push myself to the best because I looked at guys such as Louie Simmons, Vincent Dizenzo, Jesse Kellum, George Halbert and many others.
    I'm gonna have to agree with Travis here. I love to help people out and talk Westside but to preach it to those who dont wanna hear it would be kind of a waste.
    MONSTER MODE

Mike is a pumper!

Meaty, one more thing, that site isn't exactly a busy one. They won't destroy the Westside reputation with 9 users online at a time.

I DO appreciate you defending the methods and the man as I am sure do Travis and Mike. I also think they make good points. Going in there can only lead to a fight...

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I love sharing our methods with people who are willing to learn and are desirous of hearing what we do at Westside, (snip)
    OK, sorry if this is corny, but I just had to say, I really appreciate the advice you ( and others ) have given me here. Thanks.
    Last edited by BigTallOx; 10-23-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Banned
    What the hell is this "Westside" that you all speak of? Is it California?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    They won't destroy the Westside reputation with 9 users online at a time.
    I'm not arguing, but personally I don't think they could destroy the Westside reputation with a million users online at a time. There's not disputing the methods that make the strongest people around.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
    OK, sorry if this is corny, but I just had to say, I really appreciate the advice you ( and others ) have given me here. Thanks.
    You bet man!

LOL I think you and Chris are in complete agreement. He was just commenting that a forum like that isn't going to really get much exposure given that its very very small and slow

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    Look bro its a waist of time ti try and convince people of anything once there minds made up. Go to the gym do your thing and when it comes time for the platform the numbers speak. By the way I read Wolfe was spotted at Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness on the weekends.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

Meatymight, I think this fits you:

:-D there are tons of awesome lifters that don't train westside (eddie coan, for instance). there's more than one way to get strong.

That being said,I really like westside and its a little disappointing to hear about other people trashing it, but seriously - don't get caught up in "correcting" people, this is the internet we're talking about here.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazerboy View Post
    Meatymight, I think this fits you:

:-D there are tons of awesome lifters that don't train westside (eddie coan, for instance). there's more than one way to get strong.

That being said,I really like westside and its a little disappointing to hear about other people trashing it, but seriously - don't get caught up in "correcting" people, this is the internet we're talking about here.
    Very well put. If people don't want to use methods which are time tested and proven, that is their perogative.

Just get under the bar!

Banned
    I think Wolfey is training at Curves now.
    haha

Wannabebig Member
    When someone has the immaturity to ask of people to invade another forum they must be questioned.

This case is no exception and I’d encourage everyone to save your energy and put it to better use. Instead I’ll waste mine to give you the heads up.

Brian (MeatyMight) is a young, naïve boy who has spanned his trolling skills across many a board.

Here is one of Brians legendary posts on cagedanimal.net under his now banned username “Squatmaster”:

http://cagedanimal.net/viewtopic.php...highlight=lied

This reveals Brian for his true worth and it’s just one of many posts.

Brian has been banned from ironaddicts.com and clutchfitness.com.

He has also been banned from here (wannabebigforums.com) posting under the username “TheSeeker”.

With your assistance we can help not with converting others into practicing Westside principles but help our dear friend Brian to overcome his terrible affliction!
    Last edited by slesser272; 10-24-2008 at 07:15 AM.

I think Westside sounds awesome. I still haven't begun it yet, because once I start something I stick to it for a very long time.

I am actually a 'Ripptoian' myself, and there's nothing wrong with that. That progam uses linear increases in weight workout to workout. If someone is capable of adding weight to thier lifts every workout (aka a novice lifter), then why wouldn't they?

Westside, and all other methods of getting stronger were developed for intermediate to advanced lifters who are unable to make increases in weight every workout.

So people who trash Rippetoe's novice methods or Westside methods probably just don't know what the hell they are doing, and they will listen to whatever the new latest 'weightlifing fad' on internet forums is.

Westside probably will be my next method of training after I have completely stalled on my linear progress from Rip's methods. But as of now, I really don't see a point in switching anything up if I'm still able to add weight to the bar on the main lifts without having to do any speed work, assistance work, or rep variation.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatymight View Post
    I don't know who to feel sorry for. Mike Wolfe witnessing the hellhole that is filled with nautilus/smith machine/cybex enthusiasts, or the nautilus/smith machine/cybex enthusiasts themselves...
    Where do they say they use nautilus/smith machine/cybex machines? You look very stupid talking about westside training on that site.

edit: It looks like every post, you tell everyone their routine is stupid and they should do westside. You don't back up anything you say. When a lot of them do the things westside tells you to do.
    Last edited by calvan; 10-24-2008 at 07:33 AM.

Wannabebig Member

Calvan, he was making a reference to a previous joke made that Wolfe was working out at Curves now. Relax

professional psychopath
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    What the hell is this "Westside" that you all speak of? Is it California?
    wa wa wa wa waaaaaaa
    Clearly, daddy didn't beat you enough as a child. If you were in front of us you'd show respect, so don't be an internet punk. - Matt Rhodes