The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Just shut down a sushi joint

I work up quite an appetite when I lift and my favourite binge post workout is an all u can eat sushi bonanza. Anyone else believe they must have been Japanese in a former life? I can't get enough of this stuff.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

To be honest, i'm not a big fan of sushi. I've tried it 5 times, and couldnt even finish a meal. I resort to the buffalo chicken and that other stuff.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Wannabebig Member
    More power to you, my man. I call that stuff bait!

Banned
    sushi? NO thanks.

Chicken Teriyaki, come to papa.

chicken lo mein. <3
    5'9" 187lbs.
    [i'll make your heart jump like it was on cocaine]
    http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ylovespenguins

Quote Originally Posted by builderbabe View Post
    chicken lo mein. <3
    That's the stuff right there.

Trying not to die young.

My favorite food is sushi. To all you guys who don't eat sushi: I really don't understand how you cannot like sushi. It comes in so many variations. There really is something for everyone.

I would highly recommend going to a nice sushi place the next time you go out for a fancy dinner. Sushi (especially raw sushi) must be handled and made by a true professional.

Banned
    I just dont like seafood.

Banned
    hella, I'm with you, pal. I say anyone who dislikes sushi just hasn't tried REAL sushi yet. There is some nasty ass stuff out there but once you find a quality joint, it just cannot be beat!

WASABIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I eat sushi once a week. I love it. There's a place in New Haven that I go to occasionaly that has all you can eat (made to order) for $18 a person.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Read this -------------->> pipes's Avatar
    If it's there I'll eat it but I can't say I ever crave it.
    5'11" 220lbs.

BENCH - 330 x 1
    SQUAT - 405 x 1
    DEADLIFT - 450 x 1

"Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching." -- T.J.
    "Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough." -- Unknown

Sushi is AMAZING. I tried it at a bad Chinese buffet once, and it was horrible. Tried it at the Japanese steakhouse/sushi bar a couple streets away, instantly feel in love with it. It may be my favorite food.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Banned
    I stick with the sashimi and damn I can eat alot. I love gorging on it but hate the fish burps I get afterwards, though I do get ot taste it again. I don't go too often as my bill alone will end up at $50+. I'm a big fan of the different tuna varieties.

Banned
    That's why u gotta go all u can eat for one flat rate. I added up today what my lunch would have cost a la carte and it came to over 150 clams. I paid 20 bucks ))))

Love tuna and salmon sushi. Really love crispy spicy tuna rolls and salmon avacado hand rolls. Tuna sashimi is da bomb! Talk about a good source of protein!

Sushi is the greatest stuff! You have to pay for good sushi though. Around here there are a few places that are cheap, but I wouldn't consider going to them
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

My dad is a sushi chef actually, so I consider myself lucky haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Hatfield View Post
    Sushi is AMAZING. I tried it at a bad Chinese buffet once, and it was horrible. Tried it at the Japanese steakhouse/sushi bar a couple streets away, instantly feel in love with it. It may be my favorite food.
    Which restaurant exactly bro? Is it in the DSM area? I've always wanted to go get some but had no idea which places around here are good.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

I am a Chinese buffet guy myself. I go to one where they serve Filet Mignon and NY Strip so I eat those along with plates full of chicken and broccoli, general tsos chicken, chinese spare ribs, lo mein, and the best wanton soup in the world.... MMMMMMMMM scrumptious

Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub View Post
    Which restaurant exactly bro? Is it in the DSM area? I've always wanted to go get some but had no idea which places around here are good.
    What's up man! It's Taki on 86th. I'm still in WDSM. It's directly off of Douglas. If you're coming from your town, from the north on the interstate, you gotta head west on I-80/35 and let it swing you south. Then get off on Douglas, eastbound. Keep going till you get to 86th street, and turn south. It's in a plaza, kind of hard to see from the street though. East side of the road. If you want to go, or just want more directions, let me know man. I remember we tried to lift that once but it just kinda went away b/c life's so busy. My cousin and I go whenever we can afford it! The prices aren't bad, and I'm not sure if they have an all you can eat thing, but I can check.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Sushi is the best thing ever. For those who say no to it have not given it fair chance, there are so many kinds...

I had sushi for brunch today...mmmmm Calorie dense too! I love rolls and individual pieces... eel with sweet brown sauce is the best for sure though.

SAAAKKKKEEEE!!!!!!
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 10-14-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

Sushi made me sick to my stomach.

Maybe I'll try it again someday...

But for now I'll stick to greasy noodles! (lo mein for the win)

Trying not to die young.

The food of God.
    8:45 Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by yankeekd25 View Post
    I am a Chinese buffet guy myself. I go to one where they serve Filet Mignon and NY Strip so I eat those along with plates full of chicken and broccoli, general tsos chicken, chinese spare ribs, lo mein, and the best wanton soup in the world.... MMMMMMMMM scrumptious
    Oh **** yeah. Mandarin. Bun first then go for all you can eat buffet and eat like 30 plates of food and get your moneys worth
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

There is a great family run sushi place by my house that has a buffet from 11-2 Mon-Sun and they serve quality fish. They put out boats of unagi, salmon, and tuna aside from others. I literary eat between 25-50 pieces of sushi every time I go which is at least once per week. Honestly I could eat their once a day, I just have to fight the urge, lol. Best of all, they only charge 15$ and have awesome customer service.
    Last edited by Gabrielle; 10-15-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Sushi is the best thing ever. For those who say no to it have not given it fair chance, there are so many kinds...

I had sushi for brunch today...mmmmm Calorie dense too! I love rolls and individual pieces... eel with sweet brown sauce is the best for sure though.

SAAAKKKKEEEE!!!!!!
    Love that one too. At my place they make a "dragon roll" with those ingredients. The varity of sushi out there is pretty incredible. I like ALL of it