The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    You know what your problem is? You're putting the pussy up on a pedestal.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

^ Hahahahahhaha. I've been all over the place today. As I said I've been up now for over 72 hours so I'm not sure I'm thinking straight anymore.

Right now I'm thinking I just don't give a **** about her relationship. I want pussy and she's chill enough for that. I happen to be good in the sack so I'll just slam her and when she keeps wanting more I'll toy with her. Pretty dick but who knows girls are stupid she'll probably love it.

Being good with your fingers has its advantages LOL Why do I have a feeling this thread might eventually get locked?
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    ^ Hahahahahhaha. I've been all over the place today. As I said I've been up now for over 72 hours so I'm not sure I'm thinking straight anymore.

Right now I'm thinking I just don't give a **** about her relationship. I want pussy and she's chill enough for that. I happen to be good in the sack so I'll just slam her and when she keeps wanting more I'll toy with her. Pretty dick but who knows girls are stupid she'll probably love it.

Being good with your fingers has its advantages LOL Why do I have a feeling this thread might eventually get locked?
    Think of it this way, shes turned into a corrupt ancient greek goddess Pussaliah and you need to slay her no matter what.

I think you're on the right track. And it doesn't really matter if her relationship was on the skids. What if you were married to her (or any girl) and were having problems? You wouldn't want your girl doing that stuff with another guy. You would expect her to be loyal to the commitment.

You're gonna have a hard time finding women that are stable at that age, though. Women don't know what they want for a few more years. Hell..I'm not even sure women my age (29) know. I think they're ALL full of ****. But, they aren't all quite so loopy as the younger ones.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Well I'm looking at my posts and kinda laughing at myself right now. If she has a good relationship going then good for her. If she's not then oh well either way I'm gonna try to hit it up anyway. Idea of a relationship is definitely out of the picture though. If she wants to bring up her bf whenever we talk that's up to her, to be honest I no longer really care. If she wants to jump on me then go let her bf deal with the drama then that's all good for me. It's gonna be funny if she ever tries to make things serious with me and realizes I don't even consider it an option nor her as gf material.

Sorry about all the menstruation in this thread. Still going on like 82+ hours without sleep. I'm gonna give the bed another try in a few.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Sounds like your coming to your senses. **** her, then go back to school.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Don't even **** her, you don't need that. There's tons of pussy out there, and a lot of it probably better then her so just let it go.

She's the kind of girl who will do what she did to anyone. You DO NOT want involved with her, even just for sex. If she was so willing to cheat on her guy with you how hard do you think it is to get in her pants... she probably gives it up to anyone who wants it. It ain't worth your stuff turnin colors an fallin off.

Steer far far clear of this one.

Wannabebig Member
    thats quite a story you got...good luck

From a females point of view. You are young and there are plenty of good women out there. Stop wasting your time on her. It sounds like she is just toying with you and playing games. Relax, go out , have a good time with friends and the right one will come along in due time. Why waste your time persuing a girl you know won't turn out to be a permanent relationship? This is obviously someone who does not match up with your criteria of what you want in a mate. Remember actions speak louder than words and you are not even in a relationship with her yet and there are red flags coming up.

I skim read your original post. What I got was something about a short acne ridden teenager who you were vaguely interested in, who dumped her boyfriend and wanted to hook up with you on Thanksgiving, but ended up hooking up with some other guy, all of which culminated in her writing 'Penis!' on your profile on a social networking site. Not since 'The Old Man and the Sea' have I read such poetic brevity.

So I just talked to my good buddy who came home and my perspective on the situation has completely changed. I wouldn't mind a girlfriend but most of all what I have always wanted is a CHALLENGE. A girl who will make me work a little bit for it. I've known this girl for a bit and during the summer her bf was kinda in the way and now her current bf is in the way but hey... that's a challenge right? I'm not even going to bring the bf up in fact I'm gonna totally ignore that he ever existed.

Come Thanksgiving I'm going to pound this girl and let bf have what's left. I don't have to worry about her trying to date me, at least for now, cuz she has her own boyfriend and I have free reign to do whatever I like outside of whatever her and I are doing together.

This situation really ISN'T a problem. It can actually work out quite well if I position things correctly.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Come Thanksgiving I'm going to pound this girl and let bf have what's left.
    By George...I think he's got it!

You're definitely thinking about it way too much. Should have "hit it and quit" A LOT earlier on. It's probably too late now. It sounds like she already views you as an emotional tampon and just a friend to lean on. Either that, or she's just playing you.

On the other hand, she wasn't quite sure because you were giving her mixed signals by ignoring her for a while. That probably showed to her that you're not needy and have other things or other girls going on in your life, which is attractive to women, so she started calling you again. I don't think anything good will come from this though. If you pursue her and try to get with her again, I guarantee she will flake and ignore you again. I've dealt with similar stuff in the past.

So, yeah, if I was you I'd just cut her out of my life.

Wannabebig New Member
    Throw it in her soon ... she's an idiot you dont want a relationship with her .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    You know what your problem is? You're putting the pussy up on a pedestal.
    No, the problem is that the dude talks waaay too much (...and the pedestal thing too probably).

I'm sorry. I actually tried to read the original post but I couldn't. I even skipped paragraphs and failed...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Hey I typed out the OP when I hadn't slept in like 72 hours or so. Went to a rave and apparently there was speed in my pills... or at least I'm assuming so because OH you know I wasn't able to sleep for almost 90 hours.

I'm making a move on her during Thanksgiving. Wouldn't be surprised if I get rejected but I feel like I have nothing to lose. Don't feel like dating her. I've been thinking recently about how things will go when I make a move on her and there's really no way to know.

I'm not worried about being an emotional tampon. We haven't talked a lot about emotions the times we've been together, in fact mostly it's been talk about sexual stuff. I definitely earn myself points when we talk about stuff because I have a pretty alpha male mindset and 2-3 years experience on her. Let's just say we never talked about how she was mad at her bf for xyz... EVER. Yeah I said it, I'm alpha when chicks talk to me. I know how people work and have a pretty good social intelligence but hey let's face it, it doesn't always translate to alpha actions.

As I'm pretty sure I've said before, nothing to lose.
    Last edited by d'Anconia; 11-07-2008 at 12:28 AM.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Ok Alpha, what pills were you taking in the first place? Speed doesn't inhibit sleep mechanisms for 90 hours does it?

But seriously, you raise an interesting point about alpha talk. Do you honestly believe women respond more sexually to alpha talk than more sincere conversation? What does alpha talk constitute anyway?

Wannabebig New Member
    I'm in college currently and I've been in a similar situation. Long story short I met this chick who I became friends with and we had all that emotional **** and that physical contact **** too and I thought hey I would like to have a relationship with her she rejects me and says something like "you're too good of a friend." Basically what am I saying is I don't know but I've came up with some conclusions which you should apply to your life.
    1. You will never understand a girl period. don't try it won't work, Freud or someone proved it I think.
    2. Don't waste your time trying to have a relationship with a girl that is unstable, kinda like the chick in this situation. Imagine what she'll be like in the relationship.
    3. Don't overanalyze things that a chick does because it will make things more complicated for you and you will be spending a lot more money on tylenol and sleep aids.
    4. Beware the friend zone. Borderline hell/purgatory when this is the case. This is when you will get more signals than a goddamn traffic light (mixed that is). When this is the case there is not much you can do accept ride things out.
    I hope these will help you in the future.

Hey I typed out the OP when I hadn't slept in like 72 hours or so. Went to a rave and apparently there was speed in my pills... or at least I'm assuming so because OH you know I wasn't able to sleep for almost 90 hours.

I'm making a move on her during Thanksgiving. Wouldn't be surprised if I get rejected but I feel like I have nothing to lose. Don't feel like dating her. I've been thinking recently about how things will go when I make a move on her and there's really no way to know.

I'm not worried about being an emotional tampon. We haven't talked a lot about emotions the times we've been together, in fact mostly it's been talk about sexual stuff. I definitely earn myself points when we talk about stuff because I have a pretty alpha male mindset and 2-3 years experience on her. Let's just say we never talked about how she was mad at her bf for xyz... EVER. Yeah I said it, I'm alpha when chicks talk to me. I know how people work and have a pretty good social intelligence but hey let's face it, it doesn't always translate to alpha actions.

As I'm pretty sure I've said before, nothing to lose.
    Ummm, yeah... if by "alpha" you mean "a-hole", I'd lose the alpha. I'm not big on the "YEAH, HIT IT! WOOOOHOOO!" threads...

If you mean "less talk", then go with that.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

I think he's just saying that he doesn't treat her like she's anything special. So, she doesn't feel like she's got him beat and lose interest.

Although..it sounds like she has interest in A LOT of guys...LOL

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Make friends with her new boyfriend then you two can take turns punching her in the stomach as hard as you can. 4 times a week X 15 minute sessions. Good for your cardio.

Well I like to keep you all updated because we always want to know how things turn out so here it goes. Let me first say though that I don't want any advice from anyone who doesn't have pretty much complete confidence in their advice-giving skills with regards to girls. I know my **** well so don't waste my time with stupid ****.

So it's Winter Break and before we went on break I looked at her Facebook profile and it no longer said she was going out with her boyfriend. I talked to her on the phone we made a date for ice-skating a week and a half ago. We went ice-skating and had fun although I didn't get a chance to kiss her or anything because she had to go back and do stuff with her family right afterward. So for the next week and a half we almost hung out a couple of times but things popped up. She DID bring up the subject of the boyfriend and as it turns out they broke up because he was cheating on her. Can't really hold it against her, it sucks that she had to go through it. At some point I believe she DID say something to the effect that she's over having a boyfriend for now but naturally I didn't take it that seriously. Girls tend not to know what they really want.

Then tonight she is finally able to hang out although only for a couple hours late at night. I have her come over to my place and we hung out, talked, and watched "Hancock" (more like didn't watch it) for a bit. We were on my bed and I went in for the kiss. This is always a bit nervewracking for me because as the guy making the move on a girl that I have feelings for it makes the risk of rejection a bit scarier.

She kisses back for a few seconds and then pulls away and says "no, I can't do this" or something to that effect. I ask why and she essentially says this: she's had boyfriend for the longest time (she really has, for several years without much time in between being single) and the last two breakups have been horrible for her. One cheated on her and the other later admitted he only stayed with her for the last few months for the pussy. She is scared of having another boyfriend right now and just wants to be single for a while because she wants a break from always having boyfriends but more importantly wants time to reflect on her past relationships and why they have failed. Interestingly enough I have brought this up as a subject before and even during our last date asked her if she felt it was also her character flaw for not noticing the early signs that a (potential) significant other might be a bad person to date (and eventually break up with as well). To be honest though she DID hint at the idea of taking a break before I brought it up though so it was her idea.

And as if you couldn't tell from the fact that I asked her about her not noticing these things in the guys she dates... I actually think she has a good reason to go on a break. BUT THIS ****ING SUCKS STILL. I don't have a legit reason to be mad and to be honest I respect her for taking the break. It eventually took me a while to figure out why my relationships sucked and it paid off in the end. But why the **** couldn't she have done this **** earlier? Talk about frustrating.

I've waited for more than a couple of years for a respectable and quality girl to come by before I would give 100% and go after her. I thought this girl would be the one but as fate would have it the timing is off. I told her straight up that the only true problems I had with her telling me this now was that a.) I felt she was lumping me in with every other guy she's had a bad experience with and b.) I felt it was inconsiderate for her to be hanging out with me like we did without her telling me upfront what her situation was.

And you know what else is both great and agonizing at the same time? None of the guys she meets will compare to me. They don't have the self-esteem, the self-respect, and the general good personality I have. Yes I'm also good looking but that's beside the point. I don't know if she ever will figure everything out but I won't see her in 5 months or so and after that 5 months if she has figured things out then I know almost exactly what will happen...

She may or may not keep in touch much with me during this upcoming semester (remember she goes to school far away from where I do). If she's figured things out by then (which she probably will have) then she'll call me when she's in town and I'm supposed to be in town. She'll implicitly or explicitly let me know that she's matured and is no longer forcing herself to stay single. She might not assume but will consider the possibility that I still like her (that's why she'll be calling me). I may or may not have feelings for her but considering how ****ing hard it is to find a quality girl then I will probably still have a weak spot for her. I will, however, still be nervous because she had hurt me earlier. I'll look back and my pride might keep me from going after it at that point. Whether or not I should go after her if she really likes me at that point is something I guess I just can't know at this point in time but it will all come down to whether I think I am respecting or disrespecting myself by going after her or not going after her. At that point I still might not know the answer to that but I'd bet all I have that this is how things will go down. Might go down like this 5 months from now, might be a year or two from now, heck it could even be 2 months from now but the prerequisite will be that she is in the same town as me.

And as ****ed up as it might sound if she's half the quality girl I think she is then I hope that's how it goes down. Because I know a quality chick when I see one and sometimes I don't think you can let them just pass you by. I went after it this time and I'm not gonna say I got hurt but the outcome wasn't exactly what I was hoping for but I can't let that get in the way if I want to live life to the fullest you know?

I NEVER thought this would have happened to me. I find myself here not even crying, not even that sad but oddly enough finding myself respecting her more for her decision because she was right about her self-analysis. She may be bull****ting me and I'll know in the future if she was but I highly doubt it. Not to say I'm not frustrated as hell though. I'm almost scared I'll relapse into being a manslut until she gets over her ****. To be honest I'm not sure I have much of an option...
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Never sit there and wait for someone... If she really wanted you she'd of made that apparent. You said you know your **** in regards to women but this is as simple as it comes... you're in the friends zone. Girls don't like to outwardly hurt people's feelings (usually) so she put you down softly by saying she needed time.

I know where you're coming from...good looking, successful, confident, no problem picking up most girls. Apparently though...none of this matters once you play the role of the nice-sensitive man who takes them out, listens to their problems, and doesn't make the right moves quickly enough. She can get what she wants out of you with out her having to commit to a relationship or give up the sex.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Ouch. I never said I was going to sit around and wait for her. I also made this explicitly clear to her pretty much the second the told me. I'm a friendly guy but I've always thought she's thought of me in a sexual way. I could be wrong though.

I guess time will tell. I'm not waiting for anyone but the chances I find a girl within 6 months who is worth the effort of me going out with seems pretty slim. Or at least has been slim in the past, ya know?
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I guess time will tell. I'm not waiting for anyone but the chances I find a girl within 6 months who is worth the effort of me going out with seems pretty slim. Or at least has been slim in the past, ya know?
    You're speaking to a man that is limited to very precise ethnic and religious requirements in a country where the required religion is relatively rare. Now limit that to someone around my age, similar interests, and similar intellectual level... The search already begins at a .001% chance.

So ya I know where you're coming from. It's tough but patience is one of the best virtues.
    Last edited by CrazyK; 01-03-2009 at 04:56 AM.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates