11-8-08 APF Gold Cup Meet (Park Forest, IL)

Squats - I had some "depth issues" I guess. I squatted all my attempts but 2 of 3 were red lighted for depth. I was told by my handlers that all 3 of my attempts were of consistent depth, but it was a day where I was getting 2 reds instead of 2 whites on the borderline calls, no omplaints here, I just need to work on getting a bit more depth before my next meet. I probably left about 70-80 pounds off my total by not executing here, so I have to iron this out.

1st Attempt - 685 called for depth
2nd Attempt - 685 good
3rd Attempt - 740 called for depth

Bench Press - No complaints here, I lifted well and my only miss was because I couldn't hold my lockout long enough to get the "rack" call. A little more lockoutwork and I'll go well over 600 here. The weights felt light and easy and it amazed me when I missed on my 3rd.

1st Attempt - 535 good
2nd Attempt - 580 good
3rd Attempt - 605 missed at lockout

Deadlift - This has always been my toughest lift but I PR'd with 535 and had a close miss with 555. I dropped the br a couple inches fom lockout so I have to work my grip and I think I'll be able to pull 575 or so as long as I can hang on.

1st Attempt - 515 good
2nd Attempt - 535 good
3rd Attempt - 555 dropped it

I totaled 1800 in my 1st full meet at 198 so this was a big PR and good enough for elite in my 2nd weight class as well as best lifter, so all in all I can't complain. I know I'm good for over 1900 though once I iron out a few of the issues I mentioned so this will be the goal for my next meet. Thanks to you guys here for all the help and thanks to mytraining partners at Atlas Gym, Wisconsin Barbell, and Iron House Gym. Time to hit the gym and build a bigger total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feRikafRsAU