The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planet Fitness

thats a ****ing joke, how can you work out and not grunt of some sort, they must not be lifting heavy at all!! breathing is a neccessity lol!!

Wannabebig Member
    What is the big deal? It is a gym for people who feel threatened by the thought of competition in society. No alpha males aloud. Find a real gym.

Banned
    I am tempted to buy a day pass if I ever run across a PF, hit a chinese buffet first, then blow chunks all over that place while squatting. Make that LUNK alarm smoke and whine! Huah! Get thrown out in style!

I have just decided that I'm gonna sign up for Ironsport gym: http://www.ironsport.com/default/default.asp. It's like 35 minutes from my house, but it will be worth it!!!

What's even worse than the fact that they enfore the no grunting policy so strictly is that the silly alarm actually goes off from time to time. I was talking to a friend who has a membership there (a girl of course) and she said she's seen it go off. Up until then I thought it was purely cosmetic, didn't know it was actually wired up and ready to go. Geez.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    What's even worse than the fact that they enfore the no grunting policy so strictly is that the silly alarm actually goes off from time to time. I was talking to a friend who has a membership there (a girl of course) and she said she's seen it go off. Up until then I thought it was purely cosmetic, didn't know it was actually wired up and ready to go. Geez.
    Did it go off because someone was judging or grunting?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    I have just decided that I'm gonna sign up for Ironsport gym: http://www.ironsport.com/default/default.asp. It's like 35 minutes from my house, but it will be worth it!!!
    Very good choice going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    What I don't understand about that alarm is that if it's a "Judgement Free Zone" as they proclaim, then how exactly does someone feel when an ****ing alarm is going off with the club staff confronting them about their violation in front of everyone else? How do they figure than an alarm is a better option versus quietly approaching someone and reminding them of the club rules (no matter how stupid they are). Semms pretty hypocritical.

Banned
    this thread is really pissing me off

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    this thread is really pissing me off
    wanna split a ricecake?

The fact that they dont allow deadlifting is was gets me the most. Dumbbells only go to 70 or so I believe as well. Its been said here before, planet fitness represents everything wrong with the fitness industry.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Wannabebig Member
    i gave my membership there several years ago, after one of the employees walked up to me and told that that i could not wear a bandana during workout coz of gang colors. The picture they had of me on file when i joined the gym guess what, I was wearing a bandana