The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: DL Form Check

DL Form Check

If any of you duders have time to give me a bit of feedback on my DL form I would be really grateful. Thanks a lot!

Its 330x3. Im in the middle of a small DL cycle. This is at ~80% 1RM
    Sorry about crappy angle, gym was packed!

Video
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Im no pro, but looks fairly solid to me. It seems maybe you are getting caught a little bit "over" the weight if that makes sense, but a portion of that is probably due to the fact that its 80% of your 1rm. Try to bury your heels and think of yourself as standing up with the bar in hand rather than pulling the weight with your back. Deadlift is a function of heels down, hips forward...not pulling up with your lower back.

Watch the vid below, at about a minute they show a side view. Notice how it almost seems like his ass wants to drop before it comes up. Thats most likely coming from him digging in his heels so that the balance of the weight comes aft.

Video

Like I said, Im no Pro so that info is worth what you paid for it. All in all your getting 'er done. Im sure some with some more experience than I will chime in with some helpful info.
    Last edited by Irish Pilot; 11-11-2008 at 04:21 PM.
    - Slave & Master At The Same Damn Time -
    Hoping To Compete Natty Early 2011

It looks to me like you're trying to squat the weight up.

Banned
    I think the knees are a little too far forward and the quads over involved. Your hips look like they want to move back before they move forward.

getting into some flat soled shoes like chuck taylors will help with the problems stated above.

try and keep your ass down more. again, being on your heels in flat soled shoes will help with that. other than that it looked pretty good.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

that is one crowded gym
    Sarvamangalam!

Guys, thanks for all the constructive responses. Much appreciated.

Ive blasted a few reps today using what you have suggested. Is this any better?. It is over 100lbs less though.......

Video
    Last edited by -JM-; 11-13-2008 at 01:48 AM.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Looks better.

I would suggest trying to lock your back and legs at the same time. Your legs straighten a bit early.

Banned
    first rep was your best on the new video.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I hope I can maintain some form as the weight goes up.

Wannabebig Member
    great work on the 2nd vid bro.
    We all got a mountain to climb.
    go climb yours while I move mine.

I had a bit of trouble locking out this attempt. Is there anything that can be done at this stage of the lift just before lock out without hitching?

Is it a case of just hammering the lats and being able to just grind at this point? Just get stronger? LOL

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips.

Video

I think this would be the easiest thing to not mess with your routine too much: Id work at a lighter weight then work back up past it with perfect form. So yea, get stronger.
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 06-02-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    I had a bit of trouble locking out this attempt. Is there anything that can be done at this stage of the lift just before lock out without hitching?

Is it a case of just hammering the lats and being able to just grind at this point? Just get stronger? LOL

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips.

Video
    Have a look at this thread Flynn, http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125101

I think this would be the easiest thing to not mess with your routine too much: Id work at a lighter weight then work back up past it with perfect form. So yea, get stronger.
    Thanks Zen. I definately do not intend messing with the routine. It was really just some advice on any techniques at that point where I came to a grinding halt. Get Stronger....gotcha

Have a look at this thread Flynn, http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125101
    Thanks Risk10k. I found that immediately after I posted this. Lots of great suggestions in that thread. 780 wow!