The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Bulk or cut?

Bulk or cut?

This is where I am at as of this moment (top one). 207.5 from 175. Should I continue to 225 or stop at 210 and cut? Ill post my starting pic also (bottom one)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bass slayer; 05-31-2009 at 09:54 PM.

height: 6'3

weight: 175

short term goal: 200

Long term goal: Lean 225

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Don't know man, don't see much development (i.e., you just look fatter). Could be the fact that you're 6'4 though.
    Last edited by fpr; 05-31-2009 at 09:17 PM.

can you see any improvement though? (the top attachment being now).

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass slayer View Post
    can you see any improvement though? (the top attachment being now).
    If you've been training and eating enough protein there is muscle there.
    It's pretty tough tell as you aren't flexing in your beginning pic and are flexing in your second pic.
    Cutting is a personal preference, obviously the longer you wait to cut the more muscle you are going to have when you do cut down. You're by no means fat yet and could still go to 225. But if you are hoping to have a teh abz by summertime, you won't be able to cut down to a lean weight by the end of summer without sacrificing some lean mass (what I mean is that, if you wanted to cut down to a lean size you'd have to lose weight pretty fast).

Like I said it's a personal preference. If you are concerned about having a ripped stomach for the summer I'd probably start cutting, if your goals are towards getting bigger and you couldn't care less about having visible abdominals, then keep bulking.

I think you should reevaluate your diet while taking a look at your routine and what your goals are. are your lifts moving in the right direction?
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

What is your routine like? I really don't see much muscle development, maybe a lil in the chest.
    5'10" 196lbs as of 6/10/11
    Best lifts B 365/ S 425/ DL 545/ OHP 200
    Goals: B 385+ S 450+ DL 600+ OHP 225+
    Progression Pics->http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122375
    Journal with vids/pics http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...07#post2364507

This is my routine
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...trong+stronger

I know I wont have a 6 pack by this summer, but im getting to the point where im thinking im getting to fat. I will bulk up to at least 215 before I cut though. I know its hard to see any progress in that pic. I have a big body to develop. know my arms are bigger because my watch that was in the first pic wont fit me anymore, lol. I think my other big problem is my diet. For the last month and a half I was of all supplements due to not having any money, so I wasnt getting my calories in.

From looking at those photos, im I heading in the right direction or what? 6 month difference in the photos.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass slayer View Post
    This is my routine
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...trong+stronger

I know I wont have a 6 pack by this summer, but im getting to the point where im thinking im getting to fat. I will bulk up to at least 215 before I cut though. I know its hard to see any progress in that pic. I have a big body to develop. know my arms are bigger because my watch that was in the first pic wont fit me anymore, lol. I think my other big problem is my diet. For the last month and a half I was of all supplements due to not having any money, so I wasnt getting my calories in.From looking at those photos, im I heading in the right direction or what? 6 month difference in the photos.
    I can survive on about $4/day worth of food, if you want some suggestions PM me and I'll give you some suggestions.

As far as a difference, like I said before, it's really hard to tell when in one pic you are flexed and the other you aren't. But if you are stronger, and are heavier, there has to be more muscle on your body then when you started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    I can survive on about $4/day worth of food, if you want some suggestions PM me and I'll give you some suggestions.

As far as a difference, like I said before, it's really hard to tell when in one pic you are flexed and the other you aren't. But if you are stronger, and are heavier, there has to be more muscle on your body then when you started.
    this
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

I cant see much of a difference. Starting Strength is far far superior to your split.
    Sarvamangalam!