The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesbench View Post
    I know people are curious about the BOSS shirt, I only have a few minutes right now; but I had one (2 ply, closed back). It was a vry tough shirt to touch in, basically I could force a touch but ad nothing off my chestafter all the effort to get down, and it was actually no an extremely tight shirt. I like a lot of pop off the chest so I decided it wasn't the shirt for me and sold it to a buddy that seems to like it so far. I currently us a 3 1/2 year old rage-x and just can't seem to get a shirt I like any better. Tried a newer rage-x, but I thnk I need to go a size bigger since my old one must be kinda stretched out. To give an idea in the BOSS it took me 535 to get down and I couldn't press it; my old rage-x I can touch about 495 and I've benched 600 in it.
    Holy **** man, I guess its just too much, I heard they will pretty much last forever because they don't stretch...does anybody use them in competition that does pretty well, doesn't scott sceppe use one I think?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    No not really but I guess it depends on what level your at training wise
    haha Travis I think you made me more confused haha, is it the PGX stuff or PXG like whatever the material the rage x is made out of?

You asked about the Super Phenom and the Super Duper Phenom

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig Member
    You asked about the Super Phenom and the Super Duper Phenom
    hahaha yeah, but what is the material they use to make those shirts?

oh I gottcha. I thought you were just commenting that the shirts themselves were super hardcore, which while they are very techincal shirts, they aren't had to learn if you're smart.

I don't know that Inzer has named the material they are made out of

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig Member
    oh I gottcha. I thought you were just commenting that the shirts themselves were super hardcore, which while they are very techincal shirts, they aren't had to learn if you're smart.

I don't know that Inzer has named the material they are made out of
    Oh ok cool, thats alright, yeah I can only imagine how technical they are, I'm sure your technique has to be perfect in every way.

I have been around for a good while, and have used alot of different shirts. Started with an Inzer HD Blast shirt for my very first meet in 1997 and benched 370, and as of this year, have been using the Katana double ply, and benched 730 at 220 and 749 weighing 225. Chronologically, after the HD Blast shirt, I have tried Inzer single ply denim, which blew out all the time, Inzer Double ply Denim (1999 or so), which was a great shirt at the time, then went to a Karin DD, which I felt was a great shirt--I used her shirts for about 4 or 5 years and did extremely well. The new generation of Poly's were coming out--I tried the Rage X Double ply, and I personally didn't like the way the shirt felt--it felt like all the weight and pressure of the shirt was in one small line, behind my arm. The denim felt like even pressure in the chest panel, and behind my whole arm. I wanted to try the poly's again, and after talking with Jon Elick, I decided to purchase a Double Ply Katana. In my opinion, it feels alot like the denim, but more carryover throughout the range of motion. The Katana is a bitch to touch in--I will admit that. You have to have great technique if the shirt is really tight. Thank god I have a good coach (Gritter) to keep me in line and make sure my set-up and technique is up to snuff. That is my unbiased opinion and experience with the shirts, and I am not a sponsored lifter. I plan on trying a Super Duper Phenom in the near future--My training partner has one, and I should be able to squeeze my fat ass into it.

I have used an inzer hd blast shirt back in the day when that was basiclly all there was, i did do my first 600 pound bench in this shirt though. these shirts were ok. actually I am lying, the old inzer shirts hurt like hell, cut you up like crazy and made your arms go numb. you guys that have only used the newer floppy, opened back shirts have no idea how good you have it.

I switched to titan because I like to try new things and have had great luck. I had one of the first fury shirts in the old nxg material and it pretty much sucked and took like 10 weeks to get. I got a newer fury with the nxg+ and it is a good shirt. I did 660 in that shirt back several years ago. I latter switched to the f6. the f6 is a great shirt and my best contest in a full meet is 700 at around 285bwt, this was number one on powerlifting watch last year. I still love this shirt, but will probably get a new super katana soon.

I also got a double ply katana grid stitch. It was a little big on me but I have done 755 in an unsanctioned contest with it. I recently got it altered with the sleves shortened and taken in and this thing is now a beast. In training I did 815x2 almost touching and then 815x1 very easy. I can probably do around 525 or so raw to give you a reference. the double is a beast to touch the second set with 815, maybe, barly touched.

just an aside observation. I have seen a dramatic drop off in busted shirts at meets and also on the face plant bar dumps that were so common a couple of years ago. better shirts? better training?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith View Post
    I have been around for a good while, and have used alot of different shirts. Started with an Inzer HD Blast shirt for my very first meet in 1997 and benched 370, and as of this year, have been using the Katana double ply, and benched 730 at 220 and 749 weighing 225. Chronologically, after the HD Blast shirt, I have tried Inzer single ply denim, which blew out all the time, Inzer Double ply Denim (1999 or so), which was a great shirt at the time, then went to a Karin DD, which I felt was a great shirt--I used her shirts for about 4 or 5 years and did extremely well. The new generation of Poly's were coming out--I tried the Rage X Double ply, and I personally didn't like the way the shirt felt--it felt like all the weight and pressure of the shirt was in one small line, behind my arm. The denim felt like even pressure in the chest panel, and behind my whole arm. I wanted to try the poly's again, and after talking with Jon Elick, I decided to purchase a Double Ply Katana. In my opinion, it feels alot like the denim, but more carryover throughout the range of motion. The Katana is a bitch to touch in--I will admit that. You have to have great technique if the shirt is really tight. Thank god I have a good coach (Gritter) to keep me in line and make sure my set-up and technique is up to snuff. That is my unbiased opinion and experience with the shirts, and I am not a sponsored lifter. I plan on trying a Super Duper Phenom in the near future--My training partner has one, and I should be able to squeeze my fat ass into it.
    Awesome post man I appreciate it, it seems like the Titan has a lot of people using their gear, I know they definitely make some awesome gear. Let me know when you try out the super duper phenom, I heard they stretch out like mofo and you need to get a new one by the end of a bench cycle.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shields View Post
    I have used an inzer hd blast shirt back in the day when that was basiclly all there was, i did do my first 600 pound bench in this shirt though. these shirts were ok. actually I am lying, the old inzer shirts hurt like hell, cut you up like crazy and made your arms go numb. you guys that have only used the newer floppy, opened back shirts have no idea how good you have it.

I switched to titan because I like to try new things and have had great luck. I had one of the first fury shirts in the old nxg material and it pretty much sucked and took like 10 weeks to get. I got a newer fury with the nxg+ and it is a good shirt. I did 660 in that shirt back several years ago. I latter switched to the f6. the f6 is a great shirt and my best contest in a full meet is 700 at around 285bwt, this was number one on powerlifting watch last year. I still love this shirt, but will probably get a new super katana soon.

I also got a double ply katana grid stitch. It was a little big on me but I have done 755 in an unsanctioned contest with it. I recently got it altered with the sleves shortened and taken in and this thing is now a beast. In training I did 815x2 almost touching and then 815x1 very easy. I can probably do around 525 or so raw to give you a reference. the double is a beast to touch the second set with 815, maybe, barly touched.

just an aside observation. I have seen a dramatic drop off in busted shirts at meets and also on the face plant bar dumps that were so common a couple of years ago. better shirts? better training?
    Thats sweet man, damn 815 for 2 is no joke...I think it is both, better shirts and better training to be honest.

Wannabebig Member
    Anybody else have any gear experiences they would like to share.....