The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

The Inevitable...GEAR!!!!

So I would like to dedicate this whole thread to gear discussion, as in what people have tried and what they liked and didn't like etc. And also comment about the certain questions I have about certain items, if you have tried it and how it compares to the other stuff I mention.

So here is a list of gear to keep in mind....

metal pro squatter
    metal ace pro squatter
    metal pro briefs
    metal ace briefs
    metal viking briefs
    metal pro bash bench shirt
    metal viking bench shirt
    metal pro denim bench shirt

IFP metal gear

metal king presser
    metal king bencher
    metal king x-type
    metal king squatter
    metal king squatter v type

Karin klein double denim suits
    karin klein double denim shirts
    karin klein double denim briefs

ginny canvas suits
    ginny canvas briefs
    ginny double denim bench shirts
    ginny triple denim bench shirts

frantz excalibur canvas squat suit(i think its actually denim!!)
    Denim shirts, two ply and three ply (I heard their denim bench shirts stink though)
    and their briefs are pretty good

Inzer trx
    Inzer hardcore (single and double ply)
    Inzer fusion
    Inzer leviathan
    Inzer t-rex
    inzer phenom (single and double)
    inzer rage x (single and double)
    inzer super phenom
    inzer super duper phenom
    inzer double denims
    inzer predator briefs
    inzer groove briefs

lastly, titan hahaha

centurion nxg super + reg stance and wide stance
    dual quad nxg super +
    boss suit (nxg super + 2 or 3 ply laminated together)
    boss briefs (nxg super + laminated together)
    boss shirt (nxg super + laminated together)
    f6 bench shirt (double and single ply)
    katana bench shirt (double and single ply)
    fury bench shirt (double and single ply)
    super katana- double and single
    super training cut katana- (single)
    ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE KATANA A/S AND S/S, WHATS THE DIFFERENCE AND WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
    fury bench shirt (double and single ply)

THE QUESTIONS I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TALK ABOUT IS COMPARING...

GINNY PHILLIPS DOUBLE OR TRIPLE PLY CANVAS TO THE INZER LEVIATHAN
    BOSS SUIT VS. ACE PRO SQUATTER
    RAGE X VS. SUPER PHENOM VS. SUPER DUPER PHENOM
    ANYONE WITH EXPERIENCE WITH A BOSS SHIRT!!!!
    SINGLE VS. DOUBLE PLY KATANA
    PREDATOR BRIEFS VS. ACE BRIEFS

Here we go....

I go back and forth between TITAN and INZER gear, some say the titan fabric is beefier and better than inzer, but it seems like all the records and the majority of lifters use inzer, but they are usually the ones sponsored by them...and for the last point, I know a lot of the sponsored guys on here are going to support their brand and say its the best, but I don't want people to just say its good because they are sponsored, I want them to say its better because they have experience with other stuff, etc. THANKS

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wow! That was quite a post LOL

I'm not sponsored by either companies, but I will say The Super Duper Phenom trumps all. By far the best material IMO. I've never worn a Boss shirt, bout the only Titan shirt I haven't tried, but most I've known who've tried one said it was just way too hard to learn and I'm not sure I've heard of anyone touching very well in one LOL

I've worn Karin's, Titan, Inzer, Metal and Inzer is really the best one.

The squat suits I'm not an authority on, but the Ginnys are great, but a little advanced. Most of our guys wear Inzer Levithan's. Briefs are all over the place. You're going to have to try some and see which works best for you

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post

I'm not sponsored by either companies, but I will say The Super Duper Phenom trumps all. By far the best material IMO. I've never worn a Boss shirt, bout the only Titan shirt I haven't tried, but most I've known who've tried one said it was just way too hard to learn and I'm not sure I've heard of anyone touching very well in one LOL

The squat suits I'm not an authority on, but the Ginnys are great, but a little advanced. Most of our guys wear Inzer Levithan's. Briefs are all over the place. You're going to have to try some and see which works best for you
    HAHAHA thanks man it was definitely a post lol, sweet, thats awesome man that you have all that experience with the gear, thats pretty sweet, you even tried the single and double ply katanas? haha yeah I figured the boss shirt was going to be crazy as **** and hard ass hell to learn especially when people are getting a lot more out of the phenoms...yeah I noticed that, a lot of guys love the Leviathan it seems like a pretty bad ass suit. I am hoping to try all of it one day.

the poster mikesbench has a BOSS shirt on here. hopefully he'll comment.

i have a super phenom but have no benched in it enough yet to form an opinion.

frantz briefs are great for starters. other than that i'd go with pro briefs or viking briefs. vikings are what i've always worn, i love them. they fit me big and still give me tons of support.

the pro squatter is also very nice. i have velcro straps on mine, gives me some great pop.

the king sumo deadlifter is also one of the best DLing suits out there.

my first suit was the v-type squatter, it was a pretty good little first suit. learned it by myself, but it ended up ripping a bit at the hip.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThePunisherson View Post
    you even tried the single and double ply katanas?
    Well I've worn two of them, I know one was a double, but I'm not sure about the other. It may have just been a bigger double ply. I just felt like it would really start locking up from the start. What a pain to touch. Joe Mazza seems to have it figured out though LOL

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Since I'm a benchonly guy and sponsored by Titan, the only comparison I can give is the single v. double F6 or Katana shirts. I think the best shirt Titan has is the Super F6, single ply. I'm getting about 250# carryover out of it. I have a loose regular single ply Katana I get about 200# out of. This shirt, I can put on myself and will be opening in it this week at WABDL Worlds with 300Kg. I have three double ply Katana's. One open back/grid stitched, one closed back/grid stitched and one closed back plain. I have yet to get a good lift in a meet with any of them. I did touch 325Kg and locked it out with the closed back non grid, but got called for a dip(I later got this weight in a single).

Double ply F6 is hard to break in, but once it's there is a real good shirt.

Basically, the double Katana's are REAL hard to break in. Way to much shirt for most people. I don't have a BOSS, but MasterMonster has one. I don't think he has ever gotten a successfull lift in it. Single Super F6's are great shirts.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

BBQ BEBES!
    Question about the briefs, what kind of carryover do you guys see out of the different types of briefs you use?

Love Inzer bench shirt, hate their squat suits.
    Love Metal squat suit, hate their bench shirts.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Banned
    I wear frantz double ply poly briefs. about 4-5 years old, worn every squat session haha.
    I get a little bit out of them, not a whole lot though I couldn't tell you how much because I never go without them! I can still get to parallel/low box with just the bar, fwiw.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    the poster mikesbench has a BOSS shirt on here. hopefully he'll comment.

i have a super phenom but have no benched in it enough yet to form an opinion.

frantz briefs are great for starters. other than that i'd go with pro briefs or viking briefs. vikings are what i've always worn, i love them. they fit me big and still give me tons of support.

the pro squatter is also very nice. i have velcro straps on mine, gives me some great pop.

the king sumo deadlifter is also one of the best DLing suits out there.

my first suit was the v-type squatter, it was a pretty good little first suit. learned it by myself, but it ended up ripping a bit at the hip.
    I think that is what I am going to do, start out with pro briefs and a metal pro squatter and then go from there. I wish I could pull sumo but I just suck ass at it compared to conventional, it is so much easier than sumo, I have no power off the floor, 515 sumo is my best and 550 conventional is my best. You ever try the king material, I hear its not bad?

Wannabebig Member
    Well I've worn two of them, I know one was a double, but I'm not sure about the other. It may have just been a bigger double ply. I just felt like it would really start locking up from the start. What a pain to touch. Joe Mazza seems to have it figured out though LOL
    Yeah I can only imagine how hard it is to touch in one of those, I have a single ply katana a/s size 46, I am a 242 so this thing is pretty tight, I think I get around 125 or so out of it right now, I have only worn it 10 times or so, thats all the bench shirt experience I have, but I have to have at least 75 pounds over my raw max on there just to get it to touch, it freaking takes forever, I literally pull the weight down, I don't know if your supposed to do that but thats the only way it will work. hahahahah yeah I think Joe Mazza has that shirt mastered, he might be ready to try that boss shirt haha.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
    Since I'm a benchonly guy and sponsored by Titan, the only comparison I can give is the single v. double F6 or Katana shirts. I think the best shirt Titan has is the Super F6, single ply. I'm getting about 250# carryover out of it. I have a loose regular single ply Katana I get about 200# out of. This shirt, I can put on myself and will be opening in it this week at WABDL Worlds with 300Kg. I have three double ply Katana's. One open back/grid stitched, one closed back/grid stitched and one closed back plain. I have yet to get a good lift in a meet with any of them. I did touch 325Kg and locked it out with the closed back non grid, but got called for a dip(I later got this weight in a single).

Double ply F6 is hard to break in, but once it's there is a real good shirt.

Basically, the double Katana's are REAL hard to break in. Way to much shirt for most people. I don't have a BOSS, but MasterMonster has one. I don't think he has ever gotten a successfull lift in it. Single Super F6's are great shirts.
    Damn so you got 325KG later on in a single ply katana over your closed back non grid double ply katana? Holy crap...what exactly is a super f6 single ply? Oh really, I haven't heard much about double ply f6's, I am thinking about buying an F6 single ply though and compare it to the katana. Wow, sounds like that BOSS shirt might be a little too hard...

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Love Inzer bench shirt, hate their squat suits.
    Love Metal squat suit, hate their bench shirts.
    hahaha nice, you ever use a Leviathan, I think I have only heard good things about them....yeah you don't see a lot of metal shirts unless they are sponsored by them or something, but I have been seeing a lot of metal suits, haha thats for damn sure.

Juggernaut
    I've used Karin's, Inzer, and Titan....sponsored by each at some point (currently Ken Anderson/Titan). My experience is with Karin's DD, Rage/RageX/Dbl RageX, F6, Dbl F6, Katana, Dbl Katana. I can say without a doubt I get more from Titan gear. I feel safer in it. The material & stitching doesn't creak or pop or feel like it's gonna blow. I ripped every RageX and Karin's denims I ever had. I actually went out and bought my first Titan shirt while I was with another company because I got tired of dealing with rips.
    I didn't think there was much difference in learning the Dbl Katana or single Katana. Once I learned the single, all I needed for the double was just to add more weight. The groove felt the same. I get 150-175 from my single and 225-250 from my double. The grid-stitch is key to keeping the plys working together and it helps reduce stretching.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Elick View Post
    I've used Karin's, Inzer, and Titan....sponsored by each at some point (currently Ken Anderson/Titan). My experience is with Karin's DD, Rage/RageX/Dbl RageX, F6, Dbl F6, Katana, Dbl Katana. I can say without a doubt I get more from Titan gear. I feel safer in it. The material & stitching doesn't creak or pop or feel like it's gonna blow. I ripped every RageX and Karin's denims I ever had. I actually went out and bought my first Titan shirt while I was with another company because I got tired of dealing with rips.
    I didn't think there was much difference in learning the Dbl Katana or single Katana. Once I learned the single, all I needed for the double was just to add more weight. The groove felt the same. I get 150-175 from my single and 225-250 from my double. The grid-stitch is key to keeping the plys working together and it helps reduce stretching.
    Damn man, you ever hear of the boss shirt, that might suit you well.....I figured all you really had to do was add weight, I mean it sounds ******ed and too easy but thats what I did with my single katana, my buddy was like 455 is going to be too heavy try to touch 405, well 10 years later it finally touched and a week later I tried 455 and blew it up faster than the 405, so I could definitely see that.

I think that is what I am going to do, start out with pro briefs and a metal pro squatter and then go from there. I wish I could pull sumo but I just suck ass at it compared to conventional, it is so much easier than sumo, I have no power off the floor, 515 sumo is my best and 550 conventional is my best. You ever try the king material, I hear its not bad?
    re-read my post, i stated i have a king sumo deadlift suit
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    re-read my post, i stated i have a king sumo deadlift suit
    hahaah my bad man, I am a dumbass

Wannabebig Member

Isn't the super phenom and super duper phenom made with hardcore material???

Damn so you got 325KG later on in a single ply katana over your closed back non grid double ply katana? Holy crap...what exactly is a super f6 single ply? Oh really, I haven't heard much about double ply f6's, I am thinking about buying an F6 single ply though and compare it to the katana. Wow, sounds like that BOSS shirt might be a little too hard...
    I did the 325Kg in a single ply Super F6. It's an F6 made of the Katana material, with a scoop neck & reinforced seams. I have two of them and will be using one for my closing shirt this weekend. 330Kg is my goal. I hit 725 in the gym three weeks ago in one.

If you have a single Katana, I would stick with that for now, if I were you. Just give it some time. They do stretch over time. If it only takes 75# over your raw max to touch, it may be to loose. A two ply F6 is also a good shirt, but takes time to break in. Good luck.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

I got an Inzer squat suit, but I really don't like it. I don't know if it's because I'm not used to it or haven't broken it in or what. Every time I wear it, I feel uncomfortable. I squat better without it. Suggestions?
    The Inzer squat shoes are awesome.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

I know people are curious about the BOSS shirt, I only have a few minutes right now; but I had one (2 ply, closed back). It was a vry tough shirt to touch in, basically I could force a touch but ad nothing off my chestafter all the effort to get down, and it was actually no an extremely tight shirt. I like a lot of pop off the chest so I decided it wasn't the shirt for me and sold it to a buddy that seems to like it so far. I currently us a 3 1/2 year old rage-x and just can't seem to get a shirt I like any better. Tried a newer rage-x, but I thnk I need to go a size bigger since my old one must be kinda stretched out. To give an idea in the BOSS it took me 535 to get down and I couldn't press it; my old rage-x I can touch about 495 and I've benched 600 in it.

Isn't the super phenom and super duper phenom made with hardcore material???
    No not really but I guess it depends on what level your at training wise

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Elick View Post

Thats very interesting Jon, seriously. I guess this proves the point that different people will bench differently in different shirts. I blew out almost every titan I owned (bout 6 of them) one of which blowouts caused me a little bit of injury. I got squished with 520 (LOL it was when I was a 198er and it was a single ply) after the shirt gave way about half way up. That was the last Titan I owned. After that I went to Karins. I have ripped my Karins once, but after a small patch, its never given me trouble. Great shirt to learn double ply in.

i've never seen a shirt give half way up, all the blowouts i've seen are trying to touch. crazy stuff.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
    I did the 325Kg in a single ply Super F6. It's an F6 made of the Katana material, with a scoop neck & reinforced seams. I have two of them and will be using one for my closing shirt this weekend. 330Kg is my goal. I hit 725 in the gym three weeks ago in one.

If you have a single Katana, I would stick with that for now, if I were you. Just give it some time. They do stretch over time. If it only takes 75# over your raw max to touch, it may be to loose. A two ply F6 is also a good shirt, but takes time to break in. Good luck.
    Ok cool will do, you should get a super f6 double ply or a custom boss shirt, I bet that would be pretty bad ass, I wonder how Kennelly would do if he used Titan, like better or worse if he had some practice with these shirts?? something to think about.....thanks man.