The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

Turnaround Suggestions?

Skip to bottom if you don't want to read

I'm 17 years old, around 5'9 and 200 lb area. A couple of years ago I weighed 196 and decided it was too much and lost weight. I ate nothing but tuna for months and worked out while taking creatine occasionally. I got results as I went to 176 and got a lot stronger and healthier. So now I realize I've been eating terribly for a long time and last week weighed in at 204 lbs. I want to cut a lot of fat and get a lot bigger at the same time. I'd prefer to stay at home working out, I have a bench with preacher attachment with barbell (around 15 lbs) and ez curl bar (light as hell) along with some dumbbells but I haven't been using any of them. I have a lot of weights to attach to anything and I have some creatine left. I also have a kickboxing bag which I can use.

Pretty much I want to:

1) Lose fat weight, about 30 lbs at least
    2) Gain back that 30 lbs in muscle (in time of course)
    3) Have a healthier diet to help lose weight
    4) Have decent cardio to prepare for MMA

And what I have to do all of this with is in the explanation.

I used to have a website which showed animations of workouts and I made my own routine, so if you have that website or any routines you know of that will help gain muscle with what I have and help me eat healthy and lose weight, let me know. Sorry for the long explanation, any help is greatly appreciated guys.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member

I am not an expert, but...

Here's what I've gathered after reading through other people's responses to these types of questions:

• use fitday.com or another calorie counting website
    • eat a mix of carbs & proteins and fat, but try to eat less fat (higher in calories). Eating some of each will help muscle growth; people debate what the best diet is.
    • Use a pre-existing workout plan - I use the Men's health hard body plan, and it's been working. I'm down from 221 -> 200, and have made strength gains. Is it the best? I don't know. It's working for me.

Oh, and I've found keeping a log on my phone to be very helpful.

good luck!

You're probably going to need more weights so you can squat and deadlift. If you can afford the money/space get a power rack so you can squat and bench heavy in it. Sounds like cleaning up your diet might be a bit difficult but try to eat as clean as possible and throw in some cardio AFTER your weight training. And if you're a beginner I would recommend using a premade routine off this site that has been proven instead of trying to create your own and leaving important lifts/muscle groups out. Try BGB, WBB1.1 or the routine from Rippetoe's Starting Strength.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"