The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hows my nutrition plan lookin ?

Pre work out- 2 scoops with skim milk- cal-215

Meal 1- 2 whole eggs- 150 cal
    - 1/2 cup of oatmeal- 75 cal
    - 8 oz juice

Meal 2- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese- 90 cal
    -piece of fruit- 80 cal

Meal 3- 6oz meat of choice-140cal
    - 1 cup of rice-300 cal
    - 1 cup mixed veggies- 30 cal

Meal 4- 1/2 cup yogurt- 60 cal
    -piece of fruit

Meal 5- 6 oz meat of choice-140 cal
    -1 large potatoe-145 cal
    -1 cup of mixed veggies

Meal 6 (before bed) -2 scoops of powder with skim milk 215 cal.

Total Calories 1645
    Total protien 155
    Carbs 205

Now im 5'10" 160lbs. Looking to be around 170 ish.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You are bulking on 1645 cals? What is your maintenance level? 10x's bw in cals seems very low.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Generally you are choosing good choices for your food. You need to eat more. I estimate that you need to be eating around 4,000 cals to gain weight.

To make it easy, drink 2 shakes(1000 cals) to get those extra cals in. For recipes use the search function, there are lots.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Yeah the daily cal intake looked pretty low to me, along with the protien per day. 155g and I weigh 160 ? Should i be getting more like 180g protien or more ?

have you tracked your calories before? Do you know how much you need to be taking in to gain?
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Well this plan was made for me by a trainer at my gym who is a bodybuilder, I just explained to him what i eat in a day and he made up this program for me. I told him my goals and everything but all the numbers just seam a little low. I dont have time for a big bulk and then strip becaause i will be in Maui in december. But i would like to gain some mass before then,

Uh, December is about 10 days away. You won't be gaining much by then even with a perfect diet and training.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by J Mac0123 View Post
    Well this plan was made for me by a trainer at my gym who is a bodybuilder, I just explained to him what i eat in a day and he made up this program for me. I told him my goals and everything but all the numbers just seam a little low. I dont have time for a big bulk and then strip becaause i will be in Maui in december. But i would like to gain some mass before then,
    I don't care who made it. No one knows your metabolism better than you. That is less than most cut on. Track your calories for a week. If you don't gain weight, then go up 300-500 and continue until you start gaining.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I don't care who made it. No one knows your metabolism better than you. That is less than most cut on. Track your calories for a week. If you don't gain weight, then go up 300-500 and continue until you start gaining.
    PING PANG PONG! Simple, yet effective.

Wannabebig Member
    1/2 cup of oatmeal is almost always 150 calories, so at least you're getting an extra 75 there. But maybe if your trainer told you that he doesn't know all too much about food properties. Consult a dif one?

why not up the oatmeal to a full cup for 300 calories. throw in some cinnamon. Helps the taste and both cinnamon and oatmeal are very good for you (just NOT cinnamon sugar)

Up your caloric load like these guys have said and as long as you're training right with the weights you'll see results.

(edit: that's 150 1/2 cup with water, add milk and nuts for extra cals)
    Last edited by InsaneDynasty; 11-21-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Listen to Hafner man... You're not eating nearly enough, you probably need to double that calorie intake...
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest

Nah i go to maui end of december so i still got some time, and i wasnt expecting it in 10 days or even to be 170 by the time i go but this is where i am starting. I have been going to the gym for 2 years and made great progress until lately i platued and decided to get a nutritional program to help get me going again. But yes i can agree with you all that it looks like i need to up the calories, im 18 so i am still growing but i think i should be able to eat a lot more than that, especially when trying to gain mass.

I don't know if I am right, but i heard if u want to bulk you need to be getting protein double your body weight. So if you are weighing in at 160, u should be getting at least 300g a day. I could be wrong though I am not a professional.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

6'0"
    215 lbs.

I think the general rule is for gaining 1.2-1.5 grams of protien for every pound you way. So 160x1.2=192g and thats the minimum probly. Im sure you can have as much as you want/need. I just cant do a big bulk and cut before my trip, theres not enough time, im pretty lean right now and got some good muscle but I have been stuck where I am. Im just looking to maybe put on a couple pounds before Maui, and yet stay about as lean as i am now. I know its kinda hard to gain and stay lean but