Thread: Critique My Diet

Wannabebig Member

Critique My Diet

I'm just looking for a few people to let me know how solid my diet is and what I should add. As far as goals, I'm looking to bulk. I wanna add roughly 10-15 pounds in a little over 3 months for lacrosse. I'm small, so even though I eat a good amount, more than my friends, gaining weight in general is difficult. Also, I'm in high school and don't cook, and with two working parents it's hard to have huge full course meals all the time but I do my best.

Breakfast - usually a bowl of cereal, i dont have much of an appetite at 6:30 in the morning and my parents have no time to cook for me, so as bad of a breakfast as this might be, it's prolly not gunna change

Lunch - Big, thick sandwich. I usually go out for lunch to a deli of some sort and try to eat meat every lunch. During the weekends I'll make myself an egg and cheese sandwich.

After school at some point, I'll eat maybe a bowl of cereal (raisin bran) and 2 chocolate chip granola bars, and a non fat yogurt too maybe. Then I'll go to the gym.

Post gym, I'll have directly, a protein shake: 2 scoops of whey protein, 1 scoop of peanut butter, and skim milk.

Dinner - Usually my biggest meal of the day, I try to keep it healthy, always having vegies with the main course. I try to eat some kind of chicken or fish as much as possible, its hard to all the time though.

After dinner I'll have another protein shake: 1 scoop of whey protein, 1 banana, and skim milk. If i didn't have the yogurt already today, then I'll have it now. Same goes for the cereal.

Right before bed I'll drink a big glass of skim milk.

I try to drink a lot of milk because its high in protein and since its skim milk I don't have to worry about the fat. I don't snack really, the granola bars and yogurt are what I would snack on so those are healthy things rather than cookies etc. How's my diet overall? Too much of something? Too little of something? Any suggestions for something to add? Good amount of calories etc.?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by one-bl View Post
    As far as goals, I'm looking to bulk.

www.chipotle.com

www.mcdonalds.com

www.genghiskhankc.com/

Banned
    Right before bed I'll drink a big glass of skim milk.
    Stop drinking water and drink whole milk.

Also, its your responsibility to bulk yourself up, not you parents, so start making your own meals.

Im not really a breakfast person either but do you know what? i make my own damn breakfast anyway. find something you can eat and shove it down your throught.

I eat 2 ego waffles covered in peanut butter with syrup and cut up bananah, a yogurt, and usually a little less than a liter of WHOLE milk.

height: 6'3

weight: 175

short term goal: 200

Long term goal: Lean 225

Also, I'm in high school and don't cook, and with two working parents it's hard to have huge full course meals all the time but I do my best.

Breakfast - usually a bowl of cereal, i dont have much of an appetite at 6:30 in the morning and my parents have no time to cook for me, so as bad of a breakfast as this might be, it's prolly not gunna change

?

Mate u gotta change the **** u can why does being at high school effect your ability to cook? Get up and cook some breakfast yourself? if you dont put the little bits of effort in outside the gym you wont get as far...
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    FTMFW!!!
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest