The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Wabdl Worlds Underway!

Drove down to take a quick peek at the show today, and coach one of my training partners, Danimal Martin. Smooth running show for sure. Danimal broke the DL WR in his class, 528 at 181, and due to a bad call in my opinion, missed only his 4th attempt at 540, good going Danimal! Robert Cortes set another DL WR, like he always does, a great DLer, seemingly ageless. I will write more in the days to come. Team Sweden and Finland arrived Monday and many are competing in the Open class on Sat. Tony Caprari, Rich Hawthorne, Tom Eiseman, Tiny Meeker, Priest and many others slated to compete on Sat as well, its shaping up to be a great show!

Semper Fi

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Custom User Title
    Say hi to Gus and John Hudson for me Wish I could be there, but tickets were too expensive and I'm too busy with school.
    DL 650x1 (raw)
    SQ 479x1 (raw), 700x1(suit+briefs)
    BP 395x1 (raw), 457x1 (single ply)

Current: 6'1, 265; Goal: 6'6, 270

Training log

Weigh ins completed. Tiny Meeker 305ish, Caprari 195ish, Richard 128ish, Sgt Rock 234.6 Will update as meet goes on.

Semper Fi

Wannabebig Member
    And it is Time,

Damn, I am pumped for the OPEN lifting today. This is what I have been waiting for. Richard should up his WR 600.7 and probably pass JD Carr to take the #2 American 132 DL of all time (620 plus some chips). Also, The "Phenom" Tony Caprari and the "Ageless One" Tom Eiseman head to head for the #1 spot @ 198. I heard Tom gave up a sure World title in the Masters to challenge Tony in the Open Div. Both look the raise the WR and shoot for the 800 mark in the 198's for the first time in 16 yrs. Nevertheless, Sgt Rock, Brent "Devil Dog" Howard making a return @242' s should be explosive. All in all, it will be a dynamic day of lifting.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 11-15-2008 at 10:31 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Yes, Tom did give up the master's and asked to only be placed in the open and the 198 class. ALl these people saying he better go master's or 181 got his blood pumping. You don't take a guys with that kind of drive and say they can't compete. But in the end it is not about anyone else for Tom, only 800 pounds. He wants it so bad. It is like a 30 year love affair.