The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Deadlift Suit, The Titan VELOCITY AND BOSS VELOCITY!

Ok time to let the cat out of the bag....at least a bit. As you know I have worn virtually every deadlift suit I could ever get my hands on, and designed and tested more than one brand as well. I recently designed and tested TWO new DL suits, and wore one of them at the recent worlds and pulled a WABDL PR 755 with a miss at 810 weighing 234. I had an all time PR in training with 775 but needed the 755 for the win so I did not go any higher at the show. The deadlift suit has not been named yet, but its nicknamed the TITAN ROCKET. Velcro straps, tightness in the crotch and hips like the Metal and Marathon suits, but what sets it apart is not just the extreme pop off the floor sumo AND conventional, but the CARRYOVER to lockout. It is in my opinion, taken over as THE BEST one ply suit available, but you can try for yourself. I was VERY picky when making this suit and would only accept perfection, they knew that going in. Wide straps, thick material, and special APLIX VELCRO type straps make it one of a kind. I know Ken Anderson is ordering some off of my template, and I believe Pete will have some very soon as well. Not sure on price, but its worth whatever it costs. I will have a long article on dl gear including suits, e shirts, belts, briefs, shoes, you name it, coming out soon and it will submitted to PL USA as well as ALN. Stay tuned! To answer emails and pms, yes I did use the Inzer Fusion with great conventional results early in my cycle and I have nothing bad to say about IAD, John or the Fusion, but the Titan worked better so that is why I wore it at the show, its really that simple. I wore several suits very early in the cycle and wore the one that performed best, just like any of you would. Train hard! I will have youtube of my suited DLs in practice and at the show soon.

Semper Fi
    Last edited by SGT ROCK; 12-05-2008 at 08:34 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

works for sumo AND conv? cool!
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Ken has me inline for one of these, I'll give my thoughts on it very soon....
    sponsored by Anderson powerlifting (Titan gear) AtLarge nutrition and APT prowriststraps

How sad do you have to be to lie to people on the internet. How weak or broken do you have to be to lie about how tough you are, how much you lift or how big or lean you are? You are lying to people you will never meet. The worst part is your the only one that does not see the lies show through so clearly. Just be happy with what you have, it may not be what you once had, but it is still better than many will ever have

Sounds cool Brent! Let us know how it goes.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    works for sumo AND conv? cool!
    is this true? same suite or is there a different sumo and conventional cut?

is it available in single or double ply?
    Last edited by smokinHawk; 11-18-2008 at 06:09 AM.

The cut is different, but both are finished products.

Semper Fi

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    That is pretty cool that you were able to custom fabricate your own suit.

Great deadlifting also - well over tripple bodyweight is HUGE!
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

first off - nice pulling!

second - this sounds awesome. When I start pulling 500+ (and get more money lol) one of these may be in consideration.
    Currently: 6'3", 220#, 295/235/430

Goals (for now): 230#, 355/260/445

Some time in the distant future: 275#, 750/500/750

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    That is pretty cool that you were able to custom fabricate your own suit.

Great deadlifting also - well over tripple bodyweight is HUGE!
    Yeah bro I was lucky. They contacted me and asked me to design a DL suit so I did so and I am happy with the result. I told them I would not be happy until it was PERFECT, it took many tries but we worked together and got it done and the results will speak for themselves.

Semper Fi

Wannabebig Member
    Thats awesome man, congrats on the pull and the new suit design.

Sweet deal. I saw smokinhawk asked the question up there, but I can't tell if your answer just refers to the cut question.

Is it available in single-ply as well?
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

To quell the confusion: The suit is ONE PLY, TWO versions with the sumo cut OR conventional cut. The TWO PLY suit I designed is NOT available yet, but is almost finished and is a TOTALLY different suit, but is still a TITAN brand.

Semper Fi

Nashville Strongman
    When are these going to be available? Any idea on price?

Any more updates on the DL suit????

I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but in the spirit of helping, Ken Anderson will have them available asap so I would go through him.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROCK View Post
    I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but in the spirit of helping, Ken Anderson will have them available asap so I would go through him.

Semper Fi
    Do you know if he is going to be at the WPC Worlds this weekend in Palm Beach Gardens?

I believe he is but not sure! You can order through his website, google KEN ANDERSON TITAN POWERLIFTING and you can find him. I know he had some of my suits at the worlds and sold out in literally a few minutes. I know of several world class dlers that are making the switch as well. In my opinion the best gear is designed and tested by the ones using it, this suit was carefully thought out and brutally tested with input from my training partners and 20 plus years on the platform. I stand by it 100 percent. You can bet you will start seeing the ROCKET in meets all over the world. The Finns and other Europeans were all over this suit at the worlds.

Semper Fi

i can't wait for this to come out. i've been wanting to try out a dl suit but i've heard that the metal king conv. suit isn't all that great. will it still work well even if you start with your hips pretty high?

btw here is the link to Ken's site

www.andersonpowerlifting.com
    Last edited by campania; 11-21-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by campania View Post
    i can't wait for this to come out. i've been wanting to try out a dl suit but i've heard that the metal king conv. suit isn't all that great. will it still work well even if you start with your hips pretty high?

btw here is the link to Ken's site

www.andersonpowerlifting.com
    Yes bro, I have super long arms and short torso so my torso is very high, and I get ALOT out of the suit. Its the carryover to the lockout that sets this suit apart from the rest.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROCK View Post
    Yes bro, I have super long arms and short torso so my torso is very high, and I get ALOT out of the suit. Its the carryover to the lockout that sets this suit apart from the rest.

Semper Fi
    If you dont mind me asking, What kind of carryover did you get from this suit?

Carryover for me is so hard to measure as I don't max out raw. I am guessing 40lbs plus? For an elite deadlifter that is ALOT conventional. I get a bit more out of it sumo as would anyone.

Semper Fi

Hmm.... now i know what suit to try for DL next year...
    Last edited by evilxxx; 11-22-2008 at 08:02 PM.

Im going to the WPC Worlds on Sunday and I hope Ken Anderson is there so I can talk to him about this DL suit, and maybe put a order in for one!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank82 View Post
    Im going to the WPC Worlds on Sunday and I hope Ken Anderson is there so I can talk to him about this DL suit, and maybe put a order in for one!!!!!!
    Hey bro its much easier to just email or call him ahead of time, that way if he is going to be there he can bring one near your size for you to try on etc.
    I am telling you guys....this suit is unmatched in its performance. And this just in...

TWO MORE NEW TITAN ROCKET USERS:

RICHARD HAWTHORNE
    TONY CAPRARI

They both HAD to have one after getting to check out my suit and watching it in action, and they both are signing on with Ken Anderson, now THAT says alot.

Semper Fi