Thread: z suits

z suits

the size chart for the inzer z squat suits doesnt look like it would be very accurate is there a better way to get the correct size?

Don't buy a z suit.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

I agree with Deeder. I purchased a champion suit for my ex and it ran too small by 2 sizes.

There MAX DL sizing is on spot though. ps: look into a better squat/dl suit.

Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    Don't buy a z suit.
    x2. waste of money. look into the Metal suits.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

The only reason i asked about the z suit is because i heard they were easy to learn and it would be my first suit.

Banned
    A Zsuit is a great beginners suit (its what I and many other I know learned on) they can be a bit tricky to fit, but just give Irongladiators or Inzer a shout and they will help you out. If this is your first suit, I would most certainly NOT recommend a Metal they will almost certainly be too much for a beginner. Also the Z-Suit can be used in the future for a set of briefs under a later suit (i.e. a Metal).

Is the Z-Suit the top of the line suit out there....no

Is it a great Beginner suit at a great value....yes

Does it have a proven track record of being easy to learn, and very forgiving to beginners....yes

again, based on personal experience and experience of those around me, both here at 1-0-7, in Rhode Island at Next Level Fitness, and in Lexington at LAC, A Z-suit is a great beginning gear option

Wannabebig Member
    I don't know about the Z-suit, but my wife bought me an Inzer Champion suit. I'm right on the weight boarder, but since this was my first suit I went with the bigger size and it still takes about 10 minutes to get into it by myself. The straps are the hardest. I would love to hear folks thoughts on this suit; like will it work for the deadlift and how often should I train in it? I've worn it only once and wow, it hurt, but the weight moved a lot easier.

Illinimeats

Quote Originally Posted by Illinimeats View Post
    I don't know about the Z-suit, but my wife bought me an Inzer Champion suit. I'm right on the weight boarder, but since this was my first suit I went with the bigger size and it still takes about 10 minutes to get into it by myself. The straps are the hardest. I would love to hear folks thoughts on this suit; like will it work for the deadlift and how often should I train in it? I've worn it only once and wow, it hurt, but the weight moved a lot easier.

Illinimeats
    I have a Champion suit that I wear to sumo deadlift occasionally. I don't get any carryover out of it, but I feel like it protects my hips a little bit and keeps me a little tighter. But Compared to a Metal suit or even a newer Centurion, these are basically like tighter/thicker singlets.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Quote Originally Posted by Pete22 View Post
    I have a Champion suit that I wear to sumo deadlift occasionally. I don't get any carryover out of it, but I feel like it protects my hips a little bit and keeps me a little tighter. But Compared to a Metal suit or even a newer Centurion, these are basically like tighter/thicker singlets.
    Yeah that's about all they will do for you.

I started with a Metal Viking squatter and it was great. I think it depends what kind of help you have... I was lucky and I had a great group of people to help me learn the suit.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

also what are your opinions on inzer groove briefs, i know they dont have much carryover if any but do they protect the hips at all?

Banned
    I would begin with the Z-suit first, I think their groove briefs are a tad unnecessary. Get good with the Z (it will provide all the beginning support you need) and then eventually move to a stiffer/better suit like a metal single ply and/or whatever the Inzer/Titan equivalents are...

thanks for the advice will.

Banned
    no prob.

we all gotta start somewhere

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar
    Probably the best "beginner"(cheap, easy to learn) suit out there at $59.95:
    http://www.titansupport.com/products/suits/suits.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HP666 View Post
    Probably the best "beginner"(cheap, easy to learn) suit out there at $59.95:
    http://www.titansupport.com/products/suits/suits.htm
    Cant speak to the Titan suits, but it may be something you might want to look into. I only have experience with the Z as far as that level of squatter goes...Graduated into a Metal Pro Squatter (no briefs) ~10 months later, and have since gone on to an Ace. Have used all 3 of Metals briefs though (pro, viking (which Ben now uses) and My Ace's that Im in the process of breaking in)

Anyway enough hijacking, I think your plan on The Z is a good one, and you should go for it... Get the double ply and call Iron Gladiators to help with sizing.

http://www.irongladiators.com/index....tent=zsuit.cfm

You can find Champion and Z suits on Ebay if you look around a little bit, even ones that have never been used.

I picked up a champion suit and still use it for certain deadlift aparatus. Can't beat it for around $20 for something to learn in.

Not sure on the sizing, what is your heigh / weight / general build?
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

i am 6 ft about 230 not really lean just about normal fat % but havnt got the exact measurments on thighs or anything yet. i am only 16 so i am not really super buff for my weight or anything if that helps at all. If i use iron gladiators should i get the measurements then call or email them and get the correct size they recomend?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pie zar View Post
    i am 6 ft about 230 not really lean just about normal fat % but havnt got the exact measurments on thighs or anything yet. i am only 16 so i am not really super buff for my weight or anything if that helps at all. If i use iron gladiators should i get the measurements then call or email them and get the correct size they recomend?
    I would give them a call and ask what specific measurements are best for fitting that particular suit, then measure and call back to order. From what I understand Brent is a really great person to deal with on this stuff (well according to Ben anyway)

ill definetly give them a call, also is the douple ply that differnt from single ply.

Banned
    yes...

you want the double ply, more support.

Unless you plan on competing in a single ply only fed?

i was thinking about competing in the ipf but from reading some stuff on this forum it sounds like the judging is really strict and there is alot of **** to deal with when competing with them like drug testing and stuff.

Banned
    At 16y/o I doubt you will be jumping into the IPF any time soon. The USAPL is the American affiliate (for lack of a better descriptor) of the IPF, and follow the same rules. If your wanting to compete this way, you have to wear single ply gear.

I would still suggest getting the double to train with and get you accustomed to gear in general, and then move into some stiffer single ply gear (i.e. Metal's King or Viking) as you prepare to move forward.

Or just go to an unlimited fed that allows double ply and doesnt test... much simpler that way IMO

I think i will just go with option c and compete in an unlimited fed sounds funner not having to worry about wats legal and wats not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pie zar View Post
    I think i will just go with option c and compete in an unlimited fed sounds funner not having to worry about wats legal and wats not.
    good man