The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He embarrassed Dela Hoya. Reminds me of Roberto Duran and his infamous "no mas, no mas."
    5' 11" 155lbs. 13% BF - 10/20/2008
    Goal - 180lbs, 10% BF

11/14/08
    162lbs 11-12% BF

12/29/08
    166lbs 10% BF

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetarian View Post
    He embarrassed Dela Hoya. Reminds me of Roberto Duran and his infamous "no mas, no mas."

He sure did, Pacquio was fast though. Yeah, I think De la Hoya is done. After watching the fight, It made me want to get back into boxing (gave it up for weight lifting).

Quote Originally Posted by nejar462 View Post
    Wow De La Hoya got old real quick.

Good on Pacman though. Question is, who's he gonna fight next?
    ricky hatton probably

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellagrant View Post
    WTF was De La Hoya doing? Did he have to lose significant weight for the fight? Because I am thinking that is what maybe made him run out of gas so quickly.

I want to see Mayweather vs PacMan.

The fight was at welterweight and Hoya came in at 147 on fight night. The last time he came into a fight that light was literally a dozen years ago. Im sure it had some effect on him.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    De La Hoya seemed grossly unprepared or maybe he just got old fast I dunno.

I have basically lost interest in seeing him box unless he can beat someone who is very good very badly.

I would watch Hatton vs. Pacquiano but I have a feeling Manny would be a fairly strong favorite.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Well, when you step up to someone who is faster and stronger than you AND has a strong fighting spirit ... it tends to take all the fight out of you.

Yes, the weight, age, etc., could have played a role, but I tend to think that he just knew after the 1st round that the fight was lost, and as the fight progressed this fact became clearer and clearer.

Regardless of one, the other or a combination of both ... De La Hoya took it like a Champ and didn't make excuses, I respect him for that.
    5' 11" 155lbs. 13% BF - 10/20/2008
    Goal - 180lbs, 10% BF

11/14/08
    162lbs 11-12% BF

12/29/08
    166lbs 10% BF