The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

I HATE rude people!

I have taken my fair share of s**t this past month from various folks at work and am really at the f*((ING breaking point! I go outta my way to be nice and calm. This is the only place (the internet) where I show any agression. So tried of being a f**kin doormat! In 2009 I'm gonna be an in ur face arsehole to these rude b**ches. I ain't gonna take this BS no more! I am so PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW! You have no idea!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    got any examples of said dickwads? That might be a cathartic release for you to talk about it.

Banned
    They're all around me these day, D man. Why can't people be nice, stay the ph*(k outta other people's affairs and live their own damn life? No matter how hard you work at being good to people, they don't appreciate it and will cut your throat from the back part of yoru neck if it suits them. I'm done taking this crap. I am going to call people out from now on on their rude behavior! Too manye xamples to relate now. Pay attention. These suckers are all around you. I have freinds I look up to who never take crap from anyone and call people out. I will follow their lead ont his. I look at this board and I see billthebutcher most reflects the type of guys I know who don't take crap from nobody. Newyear's res: be more like bill from wannabebig.

You take a shot at me and I will ph***in steam roll your damn arse from now on! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

I'm sorry this post made me laugh... it's time to grow some balls. Why wait until 2009, is something magically going to happen on Jan. 1? You must be a pushover if you feel this way... and it's easier said than done, I'm sorry, but you're not just going to grow a pair of big ones over night.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fpr View Post
    I'm sorry this post made me laugh... it's time to grow some balls. Why wait until 2009, is something magically going to happen on Jan. 1? You must be a pushover if you feel this way... and it's easier said than done, I'm sorry, but you're not just going to grow a pair of big ones over night.
    Merely stating 09 as a milestone but I'm done taking crap forever. This doormat BS is allowing people to use me.

I feel that way too anymore. It don't matter where its at or what you do 95% of the time your **** on. Out of the last 5 times I walked out of a store and held the door open for the person coming in 4 of them didn't even say thanks!! I'm a pretty calm person but one of days i'm going to wait for them at the door and slam that motherf**ker in there face!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ELmx479 View Post
    I feel that way too anymore. It don't matter where its at or what you do 95% of the time your **** on. Out of the last 5 times I walked out of a store and held the door open for the person coming in 4 of them didn't even say thanks!! I'm a pretty calm person but one of days i'm going to wait for them at the door and slam that motherf**ker in there face!
    This is a perfect ex of what I'm talking about. I have gotten the door at least 2-3 times this week for people who've not said "thanks." I wanna say" hey, you're welcome, dick!"

You guys need to chill out. I hold the door open for people to be nice, not to be thanked. I'm sure someone has held the door for you at some point, and you've neglected to thank them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez View Post
    You guys need to chill out. I hold the door open for people to be nice, not to be thanked. I'm sure someone has held the door for you at some point, and you've neglected to thank them.
    Not once! Never! If anyone gets the door for me, I look right in their eyes, smile and say "Thanks!"

Being p***ed off is fun!! I'm happiest when I'm p***ed about something.

NEVER take s*** from anyone. Always remember that. Sometimes it can be hard though, if you're generally the laid-back type that tries to be friends with everyone (like me). But sometimes, you just gotta stand up and tell people to f*** off when you know you are in the right to do so. People will walk all over you if you let them.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Lol, I'm not talking about stuff like people not saying "thanks" for holding the door or something either.
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Quote Originally Posted by muscled View Post
    So tried of being a f**kin doormat! In 2009 I'm gonna be an in ur face arsehole to these rude b**ches.
    I usually make rude people regret it... one way or another. I often resist the urge to get noticeably angry, because I feel like that's really what they want anyway (to piss people off) so why let them feel good about that. I usually just remain as calmly uncooperative as possible. People usually catch on pretty quick. Respect is the easy way.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Lol, I'm not talking about stuff like people not saying "thanks" for holding the door or something either.
    Bri, it's ***** at work that got me started but the door opening/holding example is just one of many rude infractions people commit all around me. I vow to be an arsehole to anyone rude form now on. Oh yes! If they can dish it they better damn well be able to take it.

Banned
    what else have they done thats so rude. I hold the door for people and I dont get hot under the collar if they dont say thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    I usually make rude people regret it... one way or another. I often resist the urge to get noticeably angry, because I feel like that's really what they want anyway (to piss people off) so why let them feel good about that. I usually just remain as calmly uncooperative as possible. People usually catch on pretty quick. Respect is the easy way.
    That was my approach this morning witht he very issue that spurred me to type the thread. I go to HR to turn in a form that was provided to me by HR itself. The receptionist refuses to accept the form because she claims it is incorrect. I politely tellher I want it submitted to mr. ____ anyway as it was provided to me by mr. ____ himself. She refuses, saying said form is obsolete. I again politely state that "I'll take my chances as I've used this form multiple times succesfully." She takes the form, rolls her eyes. I leave.

I wanted to tell her off for the eye roll but I did not. I wanted to call mr. ____ and tell him the receptionist is a bitch. I did not.

A guy I work with generally just says "yeah no problem!" after someone walks through and says nothing, loud enough for them to hear and then continues whatever conversation he's having.

That was my approach this morning witht he very issue that spurred me to type the thread. I go to HR to turn in a form that was provided to me by HR itself. The receptionist refuses to accept the form because she claims it is incorrect. I politely tellher I want it submitted to mr. ____ anyway as it was provided to me by mr. ____ himself. She refuses, saying said form is obsolete. I again politely state that "I'll take my chances as I've used this form multiple times succesfully." She takes the form, rolls her eyes. I leave.

I wanted to tell her off for the eye roll but I did not. I wanted to call mr. ____ and tell him the receptionist is a bitch. I did not.
    Meanwhile, she's probably on her cosmo forum complaining about some rude guy who wouldn't listen to what she was trying to say.

Banned
    Meanwhile, she's probably on her cosmo forum complaining about some rude guy who wouldn't listen to what she was trying to say.
    LOL! No doubt!

Hahaha that's probably true

You need to earn some respect brotha.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

OP, I hear yeah man. The world really is filled with straight up *******s. But sometimes a man needs to know when to stay quiet. You mentioned this problem is happening at work so be careful what you do. With the economy sucking as bad as it is right now, you don't want enemies at work.

As the saying goes, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

So you walked in to someone's office, told her that she actually doesn't know what she is talking about, insist on doing something the wrong way and she's the rude one for trying to get you to follow the proper procedure??

Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

You need to know what's acceptable and what's not, to you.

If you're in an environment of douches, don't try to change them, separate yourself from them, or if you can't, then lead by example.
    Goal: Set a deadlift provincial record in mens junior.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    So you walked in to someone's office, told her that she actually doesn't know what she is talking about, insist on doing something the wrong way and she's the rude one for trying to get you to follow the proper procedure??

Yeah, the nerve! How dare I take her boss's word over hers? LOL! I was actually not rude. I smiled politely and explained the entire time that I was merely following her boss's instructions and had invested significant time in doing so. I suggested she check with her boss on procedure but that he had himself instructed that the form at issue be used in this case.

BTW, she is often the subject of many folks' complaints. If this were an isolated incident, I could have not let it get to me but after 4 years, well, this chit builds, deeder.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeripple View Post
    You need to know what's acceptable and what's not, to you.

If you're in an environment of douches, don't try to change them, separate yourself from them, or if you can't, then lead by example.
    I just took another job and am leaving, specifically b/c I've had enough and can make more money elsewhere