Thread: To cut or continue bulking?

Hybrid View

To cut or continue bulking?

I started at 110lbs 8-9% bf, now im at 150 16.5% bf after a little less than a year. Should I continue bulking or start cutting now? bf is a bit high..

Banned
    Keep bulking. You're only 150lbs. Keep riding the wave. Why would you want to lose what little muscle you built? Keep eating - it's fun. Keep training heavy. Increase your cardio a bit if you're worried about your BF. 16% is fine, though.

Sure its fun but is it to the best of his interest? Foth you play any sports?
    Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!! - Bruce Lee

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=118182

Bench- 225x2
    Squat- 235x5

no I dont play sports, I have a double chin from this bulk its kinda worrying me everyone says im getting fat... I think I should cut..

Quote Originally Posted by foth View Post
    no I dont play sports, I have a double chin from this bulk its kinda worrying me everyone says im getting fat... I think I should cut..

You obviously dont like the way you look and want to cut so why are you askig other peoples opinions. I highly doubt you are 16% BF if you have a double chin, prob much higher. 16% isnt bad, but chances are you are much higher. If you keep overeating you will keep gaining muscle and fat, you have to decide if that's what you want right now.

Stop worrying about what everyone else says or thinks of you, including people telling you your fat and the people on this site. It's your body what are you goals and how do you feel?
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Banned
    Bulk and add some cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    Bulk and add some cardio.
    Should I add extra calories on my cardio days then?

can you answer this Ben thanks

Definitely do not add more calories. You want to lose weight right?? Common sense here bro!

Also if you don't want to spend a bunch of time on the treadmill do HIIT. This will test your mind and body at the same time

I agree with Ben. Eat more and train harder. I hate doing traditional cardio so I just drag the sled for 40min or so 2-3 times a week

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

I am in the same boat as you.. I gained 10 pounds and some of it is fat.. I went from 170 to 180 and my bench went from 185x4 to 225x2 in the matter of a month and a half.. I play baseball and am known for my speed on the bases and on the outfield.. My new diet consists of stuffing my face breakfast and lunch then I eat healthy for the rest of the day, the crappy foods you eat for breakfast or lunch, you will burn off and later on in the day I usually have a few protein shakes..
    Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!! - Bruce Lee

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=118182

Bench- 225x2
    Squat- 235x5

I agree with Smalls. If you want to cut, then cut.

My general rule of thumb (from Lyle McDonald) is to bulk up to 15%, eat at maintenance for 2 weeks, cut down to 10% or lower, 2 weeks maintenance again, then repeat. I like this method much better than just getting really fat and then dieting forever, but to each their own.
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

I say cut. You went up 40lbs in less than a year!!!! Nice job. Even though 150 is still pretty light, you must have gained significant amount of fat. Cut like hell and get ripped so that you can show off all that muscle you created during the bulk.