The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member bass slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    598

    nintendo wii= sore back?

    its the only thing i can think of that might have caused my back to be excrutiatinly sore and stiff this morning. my cousin showed us his wii and we were playing that boxing game and i was throwing alot of punches and i was suprised how much i was sweating and how my energy got drained after about 5 mins of it. this morninig when i woke up, i felt sore in my upper back around my shoulder blade/shoulder area. i dont think it was from lifting on friday because i was fine saturday and sunday but i thought that that was odd. any other possible causes? with my sore back would it be a good idea to lift tonight or will it be fine? ill probably lift anyway though.
    age: 21

    height: 6'3

    weight: 175

    short term goal: 200

    Long term goal: Lean 225

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    ANVIL POWER Detard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,534
    You'll be fine. Once your muscles get warmed up, you wont feel stiff and sore anymore. So yes, lift tonight.


    And if you re-read your post, you basically answered your own question
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

    "im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

    TJW

  4. #3
    Senior Member snikez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    315
    that game might have done it. it wears you down-I've played it before...

  5. #4
    Senior Member 235orbust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    161
    the Wii is one of the best inventions of this decade, hopefully it will lead to the demise of the fat ass kid that plays video games all day.
    CONSISTANT EFFORT is more important than any formula for success

  6. #5
    Raytheon FeelMyLats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44
    Have you ever lifted a PS3? Now that's powerlifting!
    Bench: 300
    Squat: 345
    Power Clean: 245

    "What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." -Arnold

  7. #6
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    yes the wii boxing will make your upper back super sore... i learned that the hard way.

    Also the wii sports tennis has been known to mess up my elbow.. so watch out!

  8. #7
    schmitty199
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Reinbeck, Iowa
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by bass slayer View Post
    its the only thing i can think of that might have caused my back to be excrutiatinly sore and stiff this morning. my cousin showed us his wii and we were playing that boxing game and i was throwing alot of punches and i was suprised how much i was sweating and how my energy got drained after about 5 mins of it. this morninig when i woke up, i felt sore in my upper back around my shoulder blade/shoulder area. i dont think it was from lifting on friday because i was fine saturday and sunday but i thought that that was odd. any other possible causes? with my sore back would it be a good idea to lift tonight or will it be fine? ill probably lift anyway though.
    I can 2nd this, playing boxing on the Wii was the best lat workout ive ever had!
    Age:19
    Height:5'10
    Weight: 203
    Bench-295
    Squat-515
    Hclean-305
    JOURNAL: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...ight=schmittys

  9. #8
    Senior Member Buccos1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    651
    First couple of times I played Wii boxing, I was exhausted. Got beat pretty bad too. If it let you throw damaging body punches, things would have been better, but it didn't work out like that.
    (SQ) 550 (BP) 425 (DL) 550
    5'9" 195lbs.

    2014 Goals: 365 raw bench; Triple bodyweight deadlift; 1500 meet total @ 198


    YouTube -- http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlDonatiJr?feature=mhee
    Journal -- http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-Get-Stronger!

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn NY/Daemen College, Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by 235orbust View Post
    the Wii is one of the best inventions of this decade, hopefully it will lead to the demise of the fat ass kid that plays video games all day.
    why do you think i want one, i can exercise while playing a game lol.

  11. #10
    Lifting addict powerboy93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkalban View Post
    why do you think i want one, i can exercise while playing a game lol.
    lmao
    Lifting is my life

    I am 15
    @ 155 lbs

Similar Threads

  1. Sore Back
    By frucyjuit in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 12:10 PM
  2. sore lower back
    By Kirman in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 11:08 AM
  3. Sore forearms after back routine???
    By SkinnyPupp in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2002, 02:01 PM
  4. Has anyone train Back with a sore Chest?
    By Nightmare in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-20-2002, 11:39 PM
  5. Back Sore from deadlifts
    By Accipiter in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2001, 11:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •