Thread: Wolfe's Charity meet - what a blast!

Wannabebig Member

Wolfe's Charity meet - what a blast!

Guys, it was great finally getting to meet some of you at Mike Wolfe's charity meet this past weekend. What an impressive group of lifters! Congrats to all of you who achieved monstrous PRs.

And for those of you who couldn't make it, please mark your calendars for December 5 of 2009.

This is such a fun event, and such a worthwhile cause. The competitors raised more than $1,000 for families in need this Holiday season, and a van was needed to transport all the toys, bikes and winter clothes for the kids.

You can bet that they guys from Animal House Gym in Milwaukee will be there again next year!

where was it held????

Thanks Deano!!!

The meet was a another great success!!! There were some very last minute roadblocks that left me scrambling late on friday. But I take adversity head on and we as a group of caring people over came it!!!!

As Deano stated we raised a good chunk of Change and tons of toys and items for the kids. For those of you who missed it this year Dec 5th 2009 is the next one.

Here is the write up Deano did for the local Celina paper.

Wolfy!!!!

The Power of Giving

Mike Wolfe is powerful man who give, and gives, and then gives some more. I had the opportunity this weekend to witness first hand how Mike Wolfe, a few dozen imposing weightlifters, and the City of Celina all came together to raise funds and get toys and kid's winter clothing donated for the OUR Home Family Resource Center of Mercer County.

Mike Wolfe is a 300 lb. world-ranked bench press champion from Celina who has pressed 860 lbs. in competion. His third annual Children's Charity bench press meet took place this past Saturday, December 6 at the BreakAway Recplex which graciously donated the use of their facility and equipment for the event.

More than $1,000 was raised by the competitors and more than a van full of toys, bikes and children's winter apparel were donated for Mercer County families in need this Holiday season. Janice Hamilton, director of OUR Home noted that charitable contributions have been down this year due to the economy, yet calls for assistance are double what they were at this time last year.

My personal experience with this event was extremely powerful and unforgettable. I'm an average middle aged dad from the Milwaukee, Wisconsin suburb of Hales Corners. Mike is my best friend and trainer, and he coached me from more than 300 miles away, just so I could compete at his event.

As my team and I arrived in Celina on Friday afternoon, it seemed that the whole town welcomed us with open arms. I had personally raised over $600, and headed straight to Wal Mart where store manager Chris Carroll, and two of his top notch employees, Karen and Nicole, helped us pick out a half dozen bicycles, and carts full of winter coats for the kids.

On Saturday, it seemed that most of Celina turned out to cheer us on! Mike's experienced coaching absolutely paid off for me as I achieved a new bench press personal record of 325 lbs. Mike's intense motivaional style helped most of the competitors blast past personal records of their own, with many of the lifters pressing 300, 400, 500lbs. and more!

You can bet that I'll be making the trip again next year. It's the most powerful spirit of Holiday giving I've ever experienced. And it's all about Wolfy's kids.

A huge thanks goes out to The BreakAway Recplex and Grandlake Tent Rental and Ovisco. Other sponsors included Westside Barbell of Columbus, Wal Mart of Celina, and APT Pro WristStraps.

Mike has been invited to be a guest exhibition lifter at the Animal Pak Animal cage at the prestigious Arnold Schwarzenegger Sport Expo in Columbus next March. Be sure to come out and support him and his inexhaustible generosity! For more information how you can donate to the OUR Home Family Resource Center, please call 419-586-4663.
    Last edited by bigbadwolfe; 12-07-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    MONSTER MODE

Quote Originally Posted by Tank82 View Post
    where was it held????
    Celina, Ohio
    MONSTER MODE

Wannabebig Member
    The meet was held in Celina, Ohio - named one of the best 100 small towns in America - and for good reason! The people of Celina opened the doors wide for Wolfy's lifters, and they opened their wallets wide as well - the donations were outstanding!

Sounds like it was great this year, sorry mike i couldnt make it for sure ill be there next year.What did a lot of you lift? What big name benchers benched?guys like George halbert Jayfry etc...What were there lifts.Congrats to all you who lifted it is a great meet for a great cause.

Deano and Myself with a Ohio State Buckeyes Lionel limited Edition Train Set that Lionel Donated to the meet. They actually gave 2, one we gave away the other we are gonna do a raffle drawing or silent auction for. Checkout all the stuff in the back ground and the is only a small portion of what was there.

MONSTER MODE

Here is another of Deano and Janice the OUR Home Director

MONSTER MODE

Wannabebig Member
    Dude,

Where can I get one of those BADASS Team Wolfe T shirts???

Hahaha!!!

Banned
    good to see everyone that was there.

this years meet was great.. glad to see all who showed up.thanks to deano adam and george, these guys have big hearts and really care about the kids here in celina. all the lifters did a great job and everyone deseves a "first place" in my opinion.... smokinhawk was on his game with a huge 450 grind at a weight of 165.... hope to see ya all again next year.. stay strong my brothers...

I will be bringing my bench again for next years meet!!! Thanks for the free dinner Coach Wolfy.

Sounds like an awesome event with great intentions.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

What did George halbert and jayfry lift?

George could not make it cause of personal reasons but he informed me of that weeks ago. Jay and Nick did not make it either. So I had no guestlifters this year.
    Last edited by bigbadwolfe; 12-11-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    MONSTER MODE

I really do apologise for not being able to make it, things just haven't been going my way health wise. The doctors first diagnosed me with diverticulitis, then said it was diverticulosis (which leads to diverticulitis), and either way its not great news. I have had horrible stomach pains for a couple weeks now, and am down about 15lbs in weight because I am stuck with a liquid diet.