The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Any new from the Cell Block/Westside Meet?

I have not see naything about this meet, I was just curious if anyone had heard anything.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I benched 740

Greg totaled 2630 with a 1015 squat, 800 bench and 815 deadlift (new all time total)

Paul Key had a rough day with his gear but once he gets that stuff set, he'll smash 900

Lou pulled 615 and missed 655 on second and thirds because the bar kept swinging away from him at the top

The rest will come out shortly I'm sure, but all in all, it was honestly one of the most fun meets I've done to date. It was just 4 gyms getting together and having fun. Everyone was helping out everyone else, probably the friendliest meet I've been to in awhile. Really good time. It was great seeing Greg hit that 800 bench, he's been really working on that for a long time now. He missed a 1060 squat twice because he just couldn't get comfortable in the hole and was about an inch high. John Bott and Bob Youngs did a really awesome job with the judging.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

it was tons of fun. it was great seeing Travis hit a PR, even though he had 20 more pounds in him. there should be some videos posted soon.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Congrats on that bench Travis. You keep climbing up that ladder nicely.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Very good meet. It was only 2 flights of full power, with 1 flight of bench only. Everything ran smooth, tight judging, and great lifts. Travis had a great bench--and has more in the tank. Panora is amazing. Also awesome to see Louie back on the platform. I wish I could have competed in this one. Damn shoulder. LOL.

Smitty

This was an outstanding meet. It was great to see all the guys that were there just having a good time, lifting and working together. I think Travis' 700was one of the fastest 700 benches I've seen in a while, LOL. Panora is a freak, plain and simple. It was awesome to see him lift. Louis is a cool dude.

I did a full meet writeup on our experiences in the link in my sig at the bottom.

Great meet. Hope it turns into a regular thing.
    Elite Total at 275
    Deep South Barbell
    dsbb.wordpress.com

IMMORTAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I benched 740

Greg totaled 2630 with a 1015 squat, 800 bench and 815 deadlift (new all time total)

Paul Key had a rough day with his gear but once he gets that stuff set, he'll smash 900

Lou pulled 615 and missed 655 on second and thirds because the bar kept swinging away from him at the top

The rest will come out shortly I'm sure, but all in all, it was honestly one of the most fun meets I've done to date. It was just 4 gyms getting together and having fun. Everyone was helping out everyone else, probably the friendliest meet I've been to in awhile. Really good time. It was great seeing Greg hit that 800 bench, he's been really working on that for a long time now. He missed a 1060 squat twice because he just couldn't get comfortable in the hole and was about an inch high. John Bott and Bob Youngs did a really awesome job with the judging.

Travis, I know you haven't competed much in the SPF, but in my experience (a half a year watching meets and then competing the last year) the Cell Block meet was just like every other SPF meet I've been too. Smooth running with lifters working with lifters, consistant judging with judges more than willing to communicate and help the lifters, and most of all, just flat out fun.

My wife and I had a blast watching from the audience. We also got to see and talk to many people we consider friends and made some new ones. I always walk away from a meet like this motivated and feeling like I learned something I'll use in the gym.

You also forgot Melissa Garretts awesome 500 lb bench press. We'll be seeing Melissa get well over that soon enough.

JK