The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Fed refuses to disclose nature $2 trillion in Fed loans or recipients

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...oIs&refer=home

Pretty scary. I hope this doesn't go unchallenged by the American populace. Bloomberg filed suit under the Freedom of Information act for the recipients and was denied.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What could they possibly be trying to hide that would cause

“loss in confidence in and between financial institutions can occur with lightning speed and devastating effects.” ??

If we have learned nothing from the past 2 and 3 weeks of trade is that the market is taking horrible news and developments in relative stride. Loss of confidence? haha, a little too late with that one. They have nothing to lose in providing full disclosure to the american people.

We already know that the handling of TARP money has been a fiasco. We know banks are not lending to neither regular joes nor to other banks in money markets. Why would they when they can use they tarp capital to buy debt off their balance sheets? They're forcing all banks to accept TARP money so there is no stigma attached to any one bank; just be transparent about it. Its the least they can do when we're talking about a figure of 2 trilllion dollars. I'll cut Paulson some slack for at least trying to prevent further damage but Helicopter bernacke has to go.
    Those that think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness - Edward Stanley

Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you. Mattew 5:11-12

Squat- 355 x 3
    Bench - 255 x 3
    Deadlift - 405 x 6

Banned
    shocking

revealing the true nature of where this currency went will destroy market confidence. $2 trillion? really? that doesnt bother you?

this a recession and depression and the worst is yet to come.

they probably gave a ton of it to haliburton etc. the fed is highly corrupt and now theyre trying to cover their asses behind government bureaucracy.
    Last edited by twm; 12-12-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    they probably gave a ton of it to haliburton etc. the fed is highly corrupt and now theyre trying to cover their asses behind government bureaucracy.
    Isn't Congress the one controlling the purse strings? So the whole Haliburton, ie. It's Bush's Fault, thing shouldn't play here.

It will become transparent once they know what they are doing and can cover up the mistakes. I don't think they want the media second guessing every move that they are making - good or bad.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

i guess my point is that the major markets are more resilient than people give them credit for. At this point they can handle any kind of transparency; if it surfaced that the first 350 billion dollars of tarp money were completely wasted, would anyone really be suprised? least of all investors?

i whole heartedly agree with you, 2 trillion dollars is a nice chunk of a change. the american gdp is valued at 12 trillion just to put it into perspective, so you're definitely right about that point, twm. i just think the damage on market confidence has already been done and i dont see how the lack of confidence could get any worse.
    Those that think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness - Edward Stanley

Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you. Mattew 5:11-12

Squat- 355 x 3
    Bench - 255 x 3
    Deadlift - 405 x 6

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Isn't Congress the one controlling the purse strings? So the whole Haliburton, ie. It's Bush's Fault, thing shouldn't play here.
    bill, unfortunately, central bank loans dont have the same oversight that TARP does.

but yeah.... ku med, i hope it wont have an effect. i'm almost fully vested in my day trading and every day could be my last if something unpredictable occurs or if i get sloppy.
    Last edited by twm; 12-12-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Banned
    The fed loans to banks, and just recently that has been expanded to other bank-like firms. They act as a lender of last resort and to promote liquidity. Banks don't like borrowing from the fed becuase it has that stigma of not being able to get it from anywhere else, hence the last resort part. Granted, that may not be the case in these times as it could be that the banks are perfectly solvent, credit is just locked up. But under normal conditions, panic needs to be kept to a minimum to prevent bank runs and stuff. Since the fed has the "lender of last resort" if people find out that Bank XYZ is borrowing from the fed, then that bank gets a stigma of being in serious trouble, even though it may not be or it may be taking loans or getting help from the fed to quietly alleviate the issue. Instead if it is made public then it could make a bad, but controllable, situation into somethign far worse.
    The Fed needs to have such tremendous amounts of capital in order for it to be effective with its monetary policy. I was kind of suprised at the number (simply because its the only one I had ever heard so I had no precedence for it), but they probably have a lot more they can loan out if need be.

Banned
    revealing the true nature of where this currency went will destroy market confidence. $2 trillion? really? that doesnt bother you?

this a recession and depression and the worst is yet to come.

Um, why would they give it to haliburton?

bill, unfortunately, central bank loans dont have the same oversight that TARP does.

but yeah.... ku med, i hope it wont have an effect. i'm almost fully vested in my day trading and every day could be my last if something unpredictable occurs or if i get sloppy.
    man, if you can make it in this market as a trader, you can make it any. if you're still afloat after the past six months, you're doing something right. props to you bro.

Squat- 355 x 3
    Bench - 255 x 3
    Deadlift - 405 x 6

Quote Originally Posted by Reko View Post
    Um, why would they give it to haliburton?
    in this day and age, knowing what you know about bush, the fed, people like cheney, paulson, the fed, governors like blagojevich, etc etc etc ad nauseum, what makes you think they didnt? what makes you think that "oil exploration" or "development" isnt snuggled in there somewhere? faith in the current government is faith wasted
    Last edited by twm; 12-12-2008 at 04:29 PM.