The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member DJ Satterfield's Avatar

NAHA - the new sport

We would like to announce the unveiling of our new organization, the North American Highlander Association, Inc. (NAHA).
    NAHA will be offering a new strength competition which is a unique combination of the Scottish Highland Games and Strongman along with testing one's overall strength and athleticism. All contests will consist of half HG and half SM events. Events are planned for 2009 with more on the way. We are currently working with PRO HG/SM athletes to help promote the sport and are in contact with numerous festivals and events to host future contests. We know there will be some growing pains along the way but feel confident to get through those.
    2009 will be spent mostly on the promoting and furthering of the North American Highlander Association and the highlander sport. The tentative plan is to have the first Annual NAHA Nationals in July/August 2010. Nationals will be open to all current members who have participated in at least one NAHA sanctioned event.

Understand, we are in no way trying to compete with or do business against any other organization. In fact, we hope to work side by side with other related sports organizations. We are simply offering another option to all the strength athletes out there.

If you are interested in becoming involved with North American Highlander Association, Inc. (NAHA) or would like to promote an event, become a member or possibly a state chair, please contact us at nahighlander.com for more information.

Please visit us at nahighlander.com for more information about rules, events planned, membership, merchandise, etc. or contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have.

Thank you for your time and we hope to see you on the field.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    DJ - I have seen posts about NAHA all over!

I think it is a great idea and especially good for those who do not have experience in strongman, highlands, or both as the weights are all challenging but managable in the contests that have been posted so far.

Great way to test your strength and mix things up a little bit for any powerlifters who are looking for a change of pace...
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Thanks Tom.
    Just trying to get quality promoters in all the states right now. We have some real good guys on board right now. Hopefully we can get Florida too.

You might want to try contacting Tom Mitchell, he is the NAS Chair but believe he may have dabbled in some Highland Games as well. Here is his website: www.floridastrongman.com

Wayne Meyer is another good promotor but he seems to have his hands full hosting a ASC Pro / Platinum Plus LW & HW Contest in Orlando this April and is also getting married in January.

I would offer to help out in some way but may not be in Florida next year and have quite a bit on my plate already. Once things settle down I would definitely be open to helping judge / promote / compete in one of your contests. Seems like a cool concept and sounds like fun.

Thanks Tom, it would be great to have you onboard.

I have talked to Tom Mitchell, he may take Florida for me. Tom is a great guy.
    North American Highlander Association, Inc.
    "The ultimate test of strength & athleticism"

NAHA is happy to announce Sport Kilt as our newest sponsor. Visit nahighlander.com and click on the link for some great deals.
    Sport Kilt is the premier maker of handmade and non-traditional men's and women's casual kilts, in a variety of tartans, colors and styles.

I would like to announce our newest state chair, Derek Hurley of New Hampshire.
    Welcome. Derek is a former Pro strongman and has competed/promoted highland games and strongman.
    8 states and growing!

I would like to announce our newest state chair, Jason Peck of West Virginia.
    Welcome. Jason has promoted numerous powerlifting and strongman contests.

Good to see the organization growing...

Have any additional contests been added? If I can make it out to one without incurring huge travel costs I would give it a shot.

Tom,
    None yet, but I should have some up in the next few weeks as I am getting the chairs to get their forms in.
    I know there will be one in WV in May and possibly September. Missouri in June. Michigan Oct. 4.
    We are also going to be having NAHA Ntls. in Oct.
    We were going to wait a year but with such a positive response, decided there would be a need for it next year. It will be held in Kansas. I will have much more info on upcoming meets and Nationals in the next few weeks.
    Thanks for keeping an eye on things and it would be great to have you compete at one.
    Last edited by DJ Satterfield; 12-16-2008 at 10:42 AM.