The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Vegetable shake

Vegetable shake

So hereís the deal
    I hate vegetables
    I donít eat any green veg... havenít ate any since I was like 5... but have decided I want to start eating healthier.
    I mean I can force myself to eat alot of stuff... but I canít when it comes to veg.
    I came across this
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/.../superfood-xs/
    ďa single serving of Superfood XS is equivalent to an amazing 11 servings of fruit or vegetables.Ē
    Whatís your thoughts on this?

Also thinkin I could try putting veg in a blender or food processor. Make sum sort of veg shake or soup that I could throw in me.
    Anyone got any good ideaís on what veg I could try? What else I could put in the shake to overpower the taste?
    Any ideas welcomed.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    Why not just chug some V8?

yeah had a look at V8 drinks
    might try them... the main 1 they do is like 87% tomato juice though... so may use it as a base and throw sum other stuff in.
    I tried broccoli and potatoes (which i eat alot of anyway being from NI) through a food processor last nite. Made a lovely thick soup. Seems a good way to get my veg without havin to crunch through it. Might try adding carrots 2moro.

Banned
    Nutrition-wise, V8 is basically just salt, vitamin C and vitamin A, which is good for you but you're not getting the full range of nutrients from one V8 a day or anything. Still, it's an easy way to get down SOMETHING healthy. I try to drink one cup each morning.

About the only other way I eat vegetables is by putting them in a soup. You can make a big batch of chicken and vegetable soup, or vegetable beef stew or something, and then freeze half of it for later. I've also increased my vegetable intake by making a pumpkin pudding thing, which is basically just 100% pure pumpkin with some other stuff mixed in, then bake, and chill. Pumpkin is packed with nutrients.

Blending it into a shake might not be a bad idea, considering how rarely I eat vegetables.

yeah i figured while i'm gettin the rest of my diet sorted i might aswell try to add in sum veg. no matter how many times i've tried though, when i try to eat most veg i remember bein forced to eat it wen i was young and i feel like gagging.
    homemade soups seem an easy way.
    gonna experiment with different soup recipes.
    also gonna see how certain veg blends in with shakes.
    still i doubt whatever i try will make them taste anywhere near as good as a nice beef tenderloin lol

I love these green drinks. I didn't see a full ingredient list on that site, but I remember the product not having very high doses of anything.

This is the best I've found:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olabs/green.html

The one with hemp protein added isn't bad either.

As far as a legitimate green shake, I could always stomach 2-3 oranges blended up with 1/2-1 bag of dark green spinach. I also can't eat them straight.

Wannabebig Member
    I sometimes mix up:
    - orange juice
    - banana
    - carrot
    - tomatoes
    - another fruit

into a blender. Blend until smooth. Sweet enough to drink cold, full of vits from fruit and veg. Much easier than chomping your way through an orange, a carrot, a few tomatoes and another piece of fruit in one session!!

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad08 View Post
    I've also increased my vegetable intake by making a pumpkin pudding thing, which is basically just 100% pure pumpkin with some other stuff mixed in, then bake, and chill. Pumpkin is packed with nutrients.
    Would you mind sharing the recipe for this? I've bought pumpkin a few times, but can't find anything to mix it with that actually tastes good and I always end up just throwing the pumpkin out.
    DL 650x1 (raw)
    SQ 479x1 (raw), 700x1(suit+briefs)
    BP 395x1 (raw), 457x1 (single ply)

Current: 6'1, 265; Goal: 6'6, 270

Training log