Thread: How Lucky Are You To Have Great Training Partners?

How Lucky Are You To Have Great Training Partners?

The team had another great workout today. The intensity was sooo awesome. We have a team that trains in the premiere power gym in Vegas, and the team is the most important thing. This is how good my team is. I am obviously getting ready for my biggest show of the year, the Cage at the Arnold Classic. My partners agreed to do this cycle with me and are doing a gym max. That alone is so unselfish of them, doing an entire cycle so they can help me is such a benefit to me. Today they waited until I did ALL of my heavy reps, and then did their max effort work today which was rev band pulls. It took me over an hour to get all my pulls in as I had a brand new custom DL suit which was BEYOND tight, they never bitched or complained, merely cheered me on and loaded ALL of my weights for me and then went about doing their work. I love these guys, true champions. I am lucky. Thanks to my team, big shout out to Robert.

Semper Fi

Awesome! is great to have people like that around. What suit are you using now?
    Current Stats:
    5'8" @ 204lbs

2013 Goals (single ply):
    1700lbs total

This happens every day/night at my gym. It's hard to find people like this but I've been lucky to just keep getting more and more of them. Some will come in on their of days to help.
    I'm glad you have a good group of guys Brent, and kick some ass in the cage!
    Ryan

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    Rock ive touch on this subject many times. I am nothing with out my training partners. Plus Kellum doesnt allow you to do anything but go hard.
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

Evil X, I am using the Titan Velocity, a suit I helped design and test, best DL suit ever. Ryan....thank you my friend, sounds like you have a great crew as well! Ez, we all know JK only trains full speed every single day lol!

Semper Fi

Banned
    Hi Brent
    How has things been going for you? Hope all is well.

Hey Carol good to hear from you! Please tell Bobby I said hello as well. I am going to try and get down for the Riverfest this year, along with Tony and Rich. I hope you guys will attend and or lift? God bless! By the way.... I have followed your recent meets, AWESOME LIFTING!!

Semper Fi

Banned
    We're just coming into our own as far as talent in the gym, but I couldn't ask for a better group of guys. It makes all the difference in the world

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    We're just coming into our own as far as talent in the gym, but I couldn't ask for a better group of guys. It makes all the difference in the world
    x2!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROCK View Post
    Hey Carol good to hear from you! Please tell Bobby I said hello as well. I am going to try and get down for the Riverfest this year, along with Tony and Rich. I hope you guys will attend and or lift? God bless! By the way.... I have followed your recent meets, AWESOME LIFTING!!

Semper Fi
    Thank you very much! I will tel Bobby Hi, and hope we can come to Brant's meet just to hang out. I don't know when it is, there for I'm not sure if it is on the same date as some of the shows I'm currently training for, But if at all possible, we'll be there!

"Keep it Real"
    Carol Ann

Brent, I will see you at the cage. I have a partially torn left quad right now (or severely sprained, not sure), so I am sticking with stiffs, but perhaps we can do a pros vs. Joes in the cage? I can stiff a little over 600 lbs, so I can pace you on warm-ups for the big pull .

NASA KY CHAIRMAN NASAKYCHAIRMAN's Avatar
    I look forward to doing the bench press for reps in the cage! Also, Brent lets take some pictures together.
    TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL

http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN
    http://www.houseofpain.com/blog.html?search_author=9

611 MISS ATTEMPT AT THE 2008 BP NATIONALS
    562lb DRUG-FREE COMPETITION BENCH PRESS
    491 COMPETITION UNEQUIPPED BENCH PRESS
    2008 & 2009 NASA PRO BENCH PRESS CHAMPION
    #1 DRUG-FREE BENCH PRESSER IN KY

Wannabebig Member
    Brent and I have been on this subject a couple of times recently. About those training windows that develop when you get the right group in the right place at the right time. Its a rare combination and, as a more "seasoned" lifter, I've come to appreciate how rare those windows really are. If you're in a good group, never take it for granted. You'll make gains as a person and a lifter that just aren't possible under other conditions. We've really got it going in Vegas right now... and any of you who know Brent or have trained with him.. You know what kind of intensity and insanity he brings to the workouts! LOL Can't wait for the next one.

Good training to all,
    Robert Harris
    Las Vegas, NV