Thread: This Weeks Deadlift 700 for 2

This Weeks Deadlift 700 for 2

This is this weeks session still following the Coan Phillipi Deadlift routine.The Squat was touch and go I really Need to invest in a Box lol.I need Help with the squat if any of you can give me some tips on how to keep my back up or any other useful tips please comment Thanx and enjoy the video.Box is at about paralel also.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myp6e...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD-d-...e=channel_page

That first rep on the deadlift was really strong! Definite hitch on the second one, but I have to be honest. I could not deadlift 700x2

On the box squat, you went down really fast and slammed on the box. Does your lower back hurt? I mean you really slammed it LOL. Slow it down a little and control it more. You'll be much stronger that way

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

only thing i'd say you'd need help with is that hitching..it'll get better the stronger you get but my lord you're a freaking monster!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

1st rep pn the dead lift was great. Looked like it went up real smooth... The squat... well it scared me... still, really strong, nice work.
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    That first rep on the deadlift was really strong! Definite hitch on the second one, but I have to be honest. I could not deadlift 700x2

On the box squat, you went down really fast and slammed on the box. Does your lower back hurt? I mean you really slammed it LOL. Slow it down a little and control it more. You'll be much stronger that way
    Thanx for the reply Travis,Your Very Strong i bet you could Deadlift 700 for a double if you wanted too.I truthfully just wanna be a bencher though Lol.

I would Kill for your Technique and strength on the bench.The way you benched 745 was awesome.

And yeah my back does kinda hurt today lol i wasnt expecting to slam into it like that always when i squat i kinda bounce at the bottom.

Thanx ill take that advice i will slow it down a lot next time I need to get my Back straight, no matter what the weight is i always have a problem with leaning over i maybe should change my stance or something i donno.Thanx again for the response Travis. Oh by the way Hope you and your Family Have a Great Christmas.

Thank you very much Erik! I cant really take credit for the quality of my form. Lou has worked with me on it for several years now, as well as George and in the more recent past, Vincent Dizenzo.

I'd be more than happy to work with you given the chance at Westside. Are you comming to the Arnold Classic this year?

As for the lean on your squat, it could be that you have a very strong back in comparison to your hips, hams and glutes. What do you do to focus on your hams and glutes?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Banned
    Really...I thought I could catch your spine from here. Really strong, but there's no reason you can't control that with the strength you have.

Add some chains and some lockout work and I bet we could get rid of that hitch.

Thank you very much Erik! I cant really take credit for the quality of my form. Lou has worked with me on it for several years now, as well as George and in the more recent past, Vincent Dizenzo.

I'd be more than happy to work with you given the chance at Westside. Are you comming to the Arnold Classic this year?

As for the lean on your squat, it could be that you have a very strong back in comparison to your hips, hams and glutes. What do you do to focus on your hams and glutes?
    Yeah No Prob Travis.Thats Excellent you had so many Great's to mentor you.

Id Definately Love to train with ya also.I have to get thing's settled down as far as work and everything right now but when im financially able to,I will drive down there probally over the weekend once or twice a month.

Yeah ima try to come to the arnold this will be my first time going if im able to make it.And its a awesome experience from what i hear.

Oh for my hams and glutes nothing really.I just squat and do the leg press for a few sets of 10 reps.I dont really do anything else.

Do you have any excercises in mind for those? I dont have access to a reverse hyper or anything like that right now.at the gym im at we just have your basic equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik 23 View Post
    Yeah No Prob Travis.Thats Excellent you had so many Great's to mentor you.

Id Definately Love to train with ya also.I have to get thing's settled down as far as work and everything right now but when im financially able to,I will drive down there probally over the weekend once or twice a month.

Yeah ima try to come to the arnold this will be my first time going if im able to make it.And its a awesome experience from what i hear.

Oh for my hams and glutes nothing really.I just squat and do the leg press for a few sets of 10 reps.I dont really do anything else.

Do you have any excercises in mind for those? I dont have access to a reverse hyper or anything like that right now.at the gym im at we just have your basic equipment.
    Pull Throughs, Romanian Deadlifts, Dumbbell or Kettlebell swings, Good Mornings, leg curls with bands are a few good ones that work the hams, glutes, or both.

Eric, strong as an ox, but you are going to hurt yourself box squatting like that!

Like Travis said, lower under control. The purpose of the box squat is to break up the lowering and raising phases of the lift (eccentric and concentric). You should literally sit on the box and relax a bit. Watch some videos of guys like Donnie Thompson or the Westside vids Travis posts and try to emulate what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrin0tk View Post
    Pull Throughs, Romanian Deadlifts, Dumbbell or Kettlebell swings, Good Mornings, leg curls with bands are a few good ones that work the hams, glutes, or both.
    I dont have any kettlebells but i could try romanian deadlifts thanx for the tips.i will try one of these next workout.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Eric, strong as an ox, but you are going to hurt yourself box squatting like that!

Like Travis said, lower under control. The purpose of the box squat is to break up the lowering and raising phases of the lift (eccentric and concentric). You should literally sit on the box and relax a bit. Watch some videos of guys like Donnie Thompson or the Westside vids Travis posts and try to emulate what they do.
    Thanx Chris Yeah ill watch more videos i was just doing a touch and go im probally going to do them the way the westside guys do them for the next couple of weeks.Thanx for the kind words and merry christmas.

I'll tell you something I was told many years ago "Your form is horrible!" However, don't let that get you down. You are strong as a bull. Strength cannot be taught. Form can. Find yourself some really experienced lifters to train with them once in a while. When I benched with Bill Crawford the first time, my bench went up 50 lbs. that day.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I'll tell you something I was told many years ago "Your form is horrible!" However, don't let that get you down. You are strong as a bull. Strength cannot be taught. Form can. Find yourself some really experienced lifters to train with them once in a while. When I benched with Bill Crawford the first time, my bench went up 50 lbs. that day.
    Hi Vince yeah your right.I have to agree i need a lot of work. My squat i have never been good at, but im trying somewhat at it.

I understand about finding some good lifters i have a few i train with i bench with Nick Winters but dont Squat and Deadlift with him because of the distance i have to travel to get to that gym, so for those 2 days i pretty much just do my own thing.

I talked to Tommy Harrison and Robert Vick not too long ago maybe ill see if i can Dead or squat with them.Thanx for the Comments Vince.

Omg your a freak! Amazing!
    Honestly despite the hitching and the ridiculous box squat, it looked easy and didnt seem to phase you. Great job.
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 12-25-2008 at 11:58 AM.

Looked to me like you could have gotten that 2nd rep without hitching. Nice job!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik 23 View Post
    This is this weeks session still following the Coan Phillipi Deadlift routine.The Squat was touch and go I really Need to invest in a Box lol.I need Help with the squat if any of you can give me some tips on how to keep my back up or any other useful tips please comment Thanx and enjoy the video.Box is at about paralel also.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myp6e...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD-d-...e=channel_page
    Awesome ****ing job, brother.

What's the structure of your training routine/split?

AK

Quote Originally Posted by Addison K. View Post
    Awesome ****ing job, brother.

What's the structure of your training routine/split?

AK
    Thank you Addison. Right now the training routine im doing is the Eddy Coan Mark Phillipi Deadlift Routine.Im trying to max out somewhere around 800 if i dont end up hitting 800 itself lol. Here is a link to the one im doing if you want to see it,
    http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/c...lipi_deadlift/
    But for the most part i did a progressive overload style of training. I want to try a Westside barbell routine, but i dont know how to setup a deadlift or Squat program like theres yet.

heres like what i did when i was going from like a 600 deadlift to a 620

week 1 440 1 set of 8 reps

week 2 460 1 set of 8 reps

week 3 480 1 set of 5 reps

week 4 500 1 set of 5 reps

week 6 520 1 set of 5 reps

week 7 540 1 set of 3 reps

week 8 560 1 set of 3 reps

week 9 580 1 set of 3 reps

week 10 600 1 set of 2 reps

week 11 620 1 set of 1 reps

Then id just start from week one again but up the weight 20 lbs each cycle.

And for the squat is the same format pick a weight i could get for reps end a cycle at a one rep max then start over adding 20 lbs each time to week 1.But the reps always stay the same just the weight gets higher.So for example the next time i deadlifted and went back to week one instead of starting at 440 for 8 reps i did 460 for 8.Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Erik 23; 12-26-2008 at 07:45 AM.

Slow down on the squat and stay tight because your core was extremely loose
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

Wannabebig Member
    Strong lifting there, great job. That box squat could have ended badly tho, lol.

Banned
    holy S*** that first DL rep went up super fast.