Thread: Baseball Tricep Workout

Wannabebig Member

Baseball Tricep Workout

I am lacking in my workouts in the tricep area. Right now I am just doing the cable tricep extension as well as getting some tricep work in during the dumbbell bench press and so forth. I am thinking about integrating skull crushers into my workout. Any other tricep specific exercises that work well. Thanks!

Wannabebig Member
    Compound lifts. You don't even have to add more exercises, you could simply replace what you've got with something like bench, dips, skull crushers. That's plenty enough in one day for triceps. Any more and you're probably over-training. Do 100% on those 3 exercises and i gaurantee you will see gains.
    17 years old
    6'1 243
    Best lifts:
    Bench - 355x1, 350x2
    Squat - 430x1, 405x4
    Clean & Jerk - 240

Dips, heavy bench press, floor presses!

Close grip bench and skull crushers are my favorites.

I've found that dumbbell floor presses with a nice pause at the bottom really hit my triceps pretty well.

XFacta -

For triceps development I have always had success in doing a variety of movements.

Here is how I would break it down:

Dips - Great compound upper body movements. The closer the grip and the more upright your body the more triceps you are using.

Close Grip Bench Press - Another great compound movement that utilizes a lot of triceps and allows you to move some good weight.

Floor Presses - Lockout range of motion on the bench press. These should be done with a shoulder width grip and can be used to help increase pressing strength. Not as great of a motion for hypertrophy due to the limited range of motion.

Triceps Cable Pushdowns - Great for muscular endurance and hypertrophy. In my opinion one of the best triceps isolation movements. Generally I do these in a higher rep range (8-10) and will do drop sets to really burn/pump the muscles.

Overhead Dumbell Extensions - Good triceps movement, be sure to keep your eblows close to your head and for these I would also go in the 8-10 rep range.

French Presses / Laying Triceps Extensions / Skull Crushers - Another great movement for isolating triceps. I prefer to do these laying on an incline bench.

Kickbacks - Good isolation movement that can be used as a part of a superset, I would not do these as a primary movement since you are not able to handle much load here.

Include some variation, and even perhaps train triceps twice per week as long as you keep the volume low and do one day heavy compound movemetns and one day light isolation movements.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Habingus
    Board presses
    "I PLAY BY MY OWN RULES"