The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Help me Gain muscle and loose fat at the same time

I am pretty new to lifting weights, do not underestimate me though I am a very strong person, I use to box as a kid and wrestle. I even went undefeated for a whole season. I now train in mma and have had 3 fights that I all won by k.o. I just turned 19. I'm lifting now and want some advice.
    I am 5'11 and usually weigh from 155 to 170 it varies since I cut weight and stuff. I like fighting at light weight which is 155. I can bench 215 lbs like 8 times. and can run 10 miles straight.
    Any way my biggest goal right now is gain muscle and loose fat I have a bit of flab and I want it gone, i have a slight 4 pack showing.
    I'm not sure what is the best way to go about doing this, I thought maybe I should lift one day and then run like 8 miles the next but I heard this is not a good idea. SO i want to know the best way to go about this, I'm not trying to be a body builder either I just want to loose as much body fat as possible and gain muscle ya know.
    anybody and everybody help me out! Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you are training for MMA Id probably look into crossfit.
    Sarvamangalam!

I would suggest either losing fat or gaining muscle at different times instead of doing them both at once. It's hard for people to lose fat as well as gain muscle at the same time. You could try to gain muscle (by eating more calories than your body needs) for a while and then you could start losing fat (by eating less calories than your body needs) and your end result will have you with more muscle + less fat.
    Age 20-5'10
    Then: 134 lbs November 12, 2008
    Now: 195 lbs

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snikez View Post
    I would suggest either losing fat or gaining muscle at different times instead of doing them both at once. It's hard for people to lose fat as well as gain muscle at the same time. You could try to gain muscle (by eating more calories than your body needs) for a while and then you could start losing fat (by eating less calories than your body needs) and your end result will have you with more muscle + less fat.
    Agreed, It is very difficult for someone to both gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously (at least naturally). Most natural lifters find it easest to bulk and gain muscle (and some body fat) then cut the body fat later with diet and increased cardio. While you will loose some strength and mass while dieting, you will make better gains this way than trying to do both simultaneously.
    6'2
    250lbs
    Raw Bench- 420lbs

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." Ronnie Coleman