The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sidior View Post
    Life sure is hard when you are emo.
    lol, the aliens didn't take the Mayans, they're in Detroit trying to learn how to play football
    Last edited by Twirl; 01-01-2009 at 07:52 AM.
    |A:26 | H:6'5'' | W:198| GW: 215|
    Stats: Start | Current | Goal
    Bench: 135lb |170lb| 225lb
    Squat: 135lb |185lb| 225lb
    Dead: 180 |185lb| 315lb
    OH Press: 85lb |100lb| 150lb
    (all 3 x 5 reps)

Their calendar RESETS to 0 in 2012. That is all.
    Sarvamangalam!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirl View Post
    lol, the aliens didn't take the Mayans, they're in Detroit trying to learn how to play football
    dang

why do were care about the mayans? we follow the roman calender right...?
    Lifting is my life

I am 15
    @ 155 lbs

You guys are a riot. But why do I also have the feeling it wouldn't be all that strange to see a mass cult suicide done somewhere on this date somewhere in the world? Hey if the passing by of a comet is enough...

I'll just, uh, hold on to everyone's stuff while they travel on forward to the afterlife. Yep I'll take that stuff right off their hands.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Quote Originally Posted by Sidior View Post
    Life sure is hard when you are emo.
    You're putting the wrong inflection on my statement. It was not meant to be self-pitying, it was intended to be malicious.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

y2k oh nos oh nos

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Their calendar RESETS to 0 in 2012. That is all.
    Yup. People have read too much into it. If I remember right, to the Mayans it's the "end of an age". Just like one trip around the sun is a year, an "age" is one trip around the galaxy. It's more like when your odometer flips over from 99999.9 to 0. I also think they say an age comes and goes with lots of turmoil. And it isn't always bad, it could be something good, like enlightenment of some sort. It depends on us(people as a whole).

The thing I find fascinating is how the hell they came up with a calander so damn accurate(time wise) in the first place. They had the stars, the seasons, and whatever recorded history they may have had, and came up with a calander that's apparently way more accurate than the one we use. It supposedly predicts things(in a broad sense) well too, cause it's based a lot on the rythms and cycles of nature. Cool s**t I tell ya'.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Well.... I get one crack at the Olympics don't I?
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkalban View Post
    lol, there actually is a wild theory out there that states they were taught possibly by extraterrestials; their main god (Queztacotal (sp?) ) being one of them.
    Now you're just talking about the latest Indiana Jones movie
    Last edited by Defiant; 01-05-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Banned
    Actually, I have an X-Files book from the late 90s with a similar situation

Besides the ""ALiens Gave Us The Great Civs" Theory has been around since even before Stargate

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of programs on tv dealing with this situation right now? I'm not sure if it's because I saw this thread and noticed it more or if there is just tons of shows on discovery/history channels about it. Talking about the sun is going to be at the center of the galaxy and could possibly reverse the earth's magnetic poles? That would mess us up real good.

Meh, I'm still waiting for that new particle accelerator to open a black hole and suck us in. Quantum sciences ftmfw.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Banned
    The sun becoming the center of the galaxy? It would have to start moving very fast towards the center for that to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull3291 View Post
    Well Nostradamus also predicted the end of the world in 2012 and most of his predictions are accurate, so iunno. maybe it based it on the Mayan calender too. Either way, ima laugh at the idiots who prepare for this.
    That's bull... I have been watching and reading nostradamus stuff since I was a kid and this whole thing about him predicting 2012 only cropped up within the last two years, not coincidentally, when the 2012 fad started to catch fire.
    Yes, I've heard about the mayan 2012 calandar thing before a few years ago, but it was only a little thing up until a few years ago, until people started trying to put Sitchin's Nibiru thing as of late, and now suddenly everyone is re-interpreting quatranes from nostradamus to collaborate. It's all a bunch of hooey
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reko View Post
    The aliens took them away.
    And they are training in some extraterrestrial gym some where that far advances anything we have here on earth. They are training so that they can come back and wipe out the planet... SO FOR GOD SAKES LIFT!!! LIFT FOR ALL HUMAN KIND!!!
    Lifts @ 6'2 235lbs
    Bench: 165/285/330 (11/22/11)
    Squat: 235/405/440 (2/2/12)
    Dead: 270/500/440 (1/26/12)
    Total: 1190 lbs

Where I came from

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done."

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    i think they are trying to set us up for another Y2K marketing ploy three years in advance, they saw how well they did with 1 year of prep, imaine what they can rakein, in three years planing with 2012.

and if the world does end...

what can ya do

i say get drunk and enjoy the ride
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

It's just a bunch of hocus pocus bull****.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

its just another load of crap made up to keep us entertained and occupied, and to scare the fearful into giving up what they own.
    just watch now that its getting closer there will be alot of crap in the media about it. fear is a powerful tool. i see alot of things about it among other bs on the history channel. nobody knows when the world will end.
    6'4"
    266 lbs.(w/adamantium bonded bones)

Banned
    if the Apocalypse does happen on 2012, i will eat my hat.

im just gonna make my own firework that year, just to get their hopes up, and to see them say "Ha i told you!!" to then be utterly disappointed.
    and if the Apocalypse does actually happen i will run up to god and smack him in the face and say "that's for creating cauliflower, stinging nettles and the cast of sex and the city"