Thread: METAL DL Suit!

METAL DL Suit!

What is the difference between the KING Pro and the Regular Pro deadlift suit? I'm just curious with the difference between the two. I have heard alot of good things about the METAL DL suits.

Banned
    Different material.

arent they both a single ply poly? is the king made out of a better poly?

Banned
    They're both single ply - from what I understand the king is the newer of the two materials. The cut is different for the suits as well. I haven't met anyone that likes the king,but I know a ton of guys who pull in the pro. Take this for what it's worth as I've only ever pulled raw.

The king comes with velcro straps as well. I have the king sumo and it has a 2ply back as well.
    Roll Tide.

So i guess its a toss up! how do you measure for this suit? the charts on elite fitness are weird.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank82 View Post
    So i guess its a toss up! how do you measure for this suit? the charts on elite fitness are weird.
    I went with my bodyweight. Usually at 205-210 so I ordered the 48, however depending on the weigh ins, I can get myself into a 46 if my weight is close to 198. The tighter the better IMO. Thats the only way the DL suits work and I barely still get anything out of them. Even the old Marathons....

The King Pro is an awesome suit. The pop off the floor is ridiculous. And the velcro straps help you crank the suit up to however tight you can take it. I have never used the pro so take that for what its worth.

If you are going to order the King, you only really need to be concerned with the leg and hip measurements. Im a 52 on hips and 56 on legs so I ordered a 54 and it fits nice. I could squeeze my legs into a 52 but it migth make my legs bleed, because the leg opening does bite a bit. If you order the Pro I would think the most important measurement would be heght from crotch to straps, followed by leg and then hip. I tend to think the leg measurements are a bit loose on the Metal site. I have a 52 Ace Squatter (which is tight in the legs) and the chart calls for a 56 which I would prbably swim in.

If yo do go with the King, make sure you pull the legs down about an inch or so from your crotch (like the website says). This makes it more comfortable to get down to the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by rager2500 View Post
    I went with my bodyweight. Usually at 205-210 so I ordered the 48, however depending on the weigh ins, I can get myself into a 46 if my weight is close to 198. The tighter the better IMO. Thats the only way the DL suits work and I barely still get anything out of them. Even the old Marathons....
    how the hell do you get into a 46? i barely get in my 44 at 160 lol, i guess i'm just a pussy and it's not tight enough

The King pro suit is 2 ply back, 1 ply front. The King material is awesome, plus the velcro straps can't be beat.

I'm 300ish lbs and I wear a 54...its SUPER tight on the legs but it works great.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by campania View Post
    how the hell do you get into a 46? i barely get in my 44 at 160 lol, i guess i'm just a pussy and it's not tight enough
    It takes a whole lot of pain tolerance.....thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank82 View Post
    What is the difference between the KING Pro and the Regular Pro deadlift suit? I'm just curious with the difference between the two. I have heard alot of good things about the METAL DL suits.
    The Pro cuts into your crotch when pulling(really badly). The King does not. King has the same great pop as the pro, plus velcro straps so you can get it as tight as you want.
    Member of Society of Strength (Best Gym In Kansas City)
    We Cant Stop Here. This is Bat Country.
    Introduce a little Anarchy. Upset the established order. Then everything becomes Chaos.

Well, I just got my new METAL KING DEADLIFT suit in. I haven't pulled in it so far, but I like the way it feels. I did think the material was gonna be thicker. It feels tight on my legs but not really tight. I was able to put it on by myself within a few minutes. Also, it's not tight on the hips. I ordered a size 52, but I think a 50 would work as well. But, once I pulled the straps up and made them tight, HOLY S**t. It might be a little hard to get down, that's why I'm gonna stick with the 52.

I've worn mine about 10 times and it still bruises my legs every time.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

If a suit DOESN'T bruise your legs it's not tight enough!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

WPF Worlds '09!
    i have an IPF approved king deadlifter and would easily recommend it to anyone. it certainly requires a tight fit.
    Best competition lifts & stats:
    Bodyweight: 72kgs/159lbs
    Total: 1422lbs/645kgs