The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    That is a cruel joke having to walk that many stairs after a session. Skip the next cardio session for that one.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Awesome squatting man! Does your back feel fine after them?

Eat more junk if you need to, keep that weight gain coming.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Joey: Just down right mean! I was hurting.

Sid: Yeah, holding up well. Plan on following a similar plan that I did with deads. Add about 10lbs a week. It'll take a few months, but I'll get them back up.

DC Lower C:
    DB Curl: 45*17 RP
    ->I'm surprised how big my triceps look here. Not bad for little direct arm work. Keep doing those 20 rep tricep and bicep blasts newbs!

Video

Cable Wrist Curls: 70*14

Seated Calf Raise: 65*11
    ->just not feeling it today

SLDL: 185*12, 235*10

Video

Leg Press: 4pps*10, 3pps*15
    ->sucking wind today. Weak. Had to wait for about 20 minutes for some joker to do 7 sets of knee tweakers with way too much weight. When he finished he deracked to 3pps. I would have normally helped, but he made me wait too long. I asked him to strip 2 more off each side. I did help this time. He wasn't too please. F him. He then did calf raises with 1 inch of motion and I'm not even joking on that range.

Video

Notes: Weight was 190.4 Hell yeah mother****er. Finally got the scale moving again. Heading home this afternoon for my dads wedding. Hopefully I can get the cals in during the busy weekend.

Had a great day at work on Wednesday. One of the portfolio managers asked me to start helping her do company research on Canadian companies for potential names to purchase in our portfolio. This was one of the things I mentioned in my first post of the journal. This is taking my career to the next step. Huge opportunity if I can impress her and the other pms on the portfolio. Time to make my name known at my firm. I have bitched about my longer hours recently, but it paid off. This will bring me more hours, but so be it.
    Last edited by cphafner; 03-20-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Good videos, that last one cracked me up.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Nice vids, definitely looking more huge and muscular these days...also, like how your career is developing.

cp, looks like your progress is coming along rather well. are you taking the part time mba? i know it must be crazy managing your time with all of that, including the gym and having a social life..

nice vids, cp. lol, i like that last one. you're looking good man, and good job getting that weight up there. i see you're doing well at work too. keep it up, bro.

*BIG MOTHA****IN WAVE*

Glad to see your going at it hard, I just spent a half hour catching up on this journal. So you are doing DC training?? Looking nice and thick in the last set of pics. Soon enough you will be heavier than me. HeAt.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Joey: Thanks man. That guy irked me. I'm pretty patient, but he pushed my buttons!

Coke: Thanks for the continued support!

Ru: Where you been man? Don't think you've been posting much. Going part time. Two classes. One week a night.

RBB: Thanks dude. Happy on both fronts. My industry (and even my firm) are getting slaughtered, but I'm prospering thru my hard work. Feels good.

Holy: Good to have you back. Now behave! Been doing dc for a little while now. I enjoy it. Nice and simple and balls to the walls.

DC Upper A:
    DB Bench: 105*14, 100*8 -> 22 RP
    ->I was just struggling today. I think I will stick with the 100's going foward and try to get higher rep range 20-30

HS Shoulder: 2pps+10ps*18 RP (same, +1)

Close Grip smith: 235*14 RP (same, +1)
    ->and didn't get pinned under the bar this time!

Pulldowns: 210*17 RP (same, +1)
    ->not clean. Felt heavy.

Deads: 365*7, 295*8

Notes: Made small progress. The weights are compared to the last upper body blast.

DC Lower A:
    Cybex Curls: 120*15 RP (same, same)

Pins: 50*10 SS (-5, +1)

Calf Raise: 255*12 SS (same, same)

Leg Curls: 140*15 RP (same, same)

Leg Press: 6pps*11 (+20, +1), 5pps*20 (+20, same)

Notes: Weight was 191.2 That is a new high. The () was the last workout of last blast. I pretty much did the same weights and reps. I'll push it up from here from here and hope for gains on this blast.

Ate over 5000 cals today. I was starving so had an early lunch(Wendy's). Then by 3 I was starving again, so went out and got a turkey club.

The national figure girl was in there today with some monster dude.

I've been real tired this week. Only averaging about 6-6.5 hours of sleep a night. Need to catch up this weekend. Really felt fatigued in the gym both of these workouts.
    Last edited by cphafner; 03-26-2009 at 08:01 PM.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

man 191, stop growing man LOL, yeah bro ive been trying to get back into lifting, life ya know get ya, and **** being 21 really. . been in the gym but school and work is just so crazy and girls. well you know how that goes also.. ya gotta start getting more sleep atleast 7 a night, everything else is looking good.. are u gonna cut up this summer or where you taking this bulk to?

Still giving it your all and it is paying off. Keep up the good work.

Just get under the bar!

RuLess: Sounds good bro. Keep at it! No set plans right now. 7 weeks left on this blast. Going to keep piling down the food and see where I stand. I'll then probably go a mini cut for the summer to get a bit leaner and then probably do another bulk.

Joey: Just following your lead big man!

DC Upper B:
    HS Chest Press: 2pps+30ps * 15 RP (same, +2)

Smith Mili Press: 205*17 RP (same, +2)

Dips: +105*17 RP (same, ?)

Close Pulldowns: 200*16 RP (same, +1)
    ->this weight is not clean. I'm thinking about going down. I cheat slightly on the way down and control on the way up.

HS Iso Rows: 4+25*10 (same, +2)
    ->same comment as above.

Notes: Weight was 190. Glad I'm staying above 190 finally. Slept well last night. Got about 10 hours lol. No wonder I was feeling good in the gym today. These were the same weights as final round from last blast, but did better on all sets. Felt good.
    My Journal

Nice work. the fun starts next time with this workout.

Just get under the bar!

hey cp do u have a list of exercises i can use for back thickness, i cant seem to get mine right

I'm currently using deads, hammer iso rows, and DB rows. Any kind of heavy row will be fine. Rack Pulls are also good. Are you doing DC training?

http://www.intensemuscle.com/19724-u...ons-later.html
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Nice work. the fun starts next time with this workout.
    Yes it does! Time to make some gains in the log.
    My Journal

yeah actually i just started as of today, back in my old journals when i was trying to bulk to 195 i used dc training, i was 16 and 17 then, and less serious and strict with form, diet, and logging weights. decided to give it another go around looks to be working good for u

Quote Originally Posted by RuLess View Post
    yeah actually i just started as of today, back in my old journals when i was trying to bulk to 195 i used dc training, i was 16 and 17 then, and less serious and strict with form, diet, and logging weights. decided to give it another go around looks to be working good for u
    Yeah I'm a fan. Check out Joeys log too. I think Bill might also be toying with DC.
    My Journal

Ha Con, you would be proud of me, I did DC stretches after every set during my leg workout today, w000hh00000 grow grow grow legs!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Holy: Well done man!

DC Upper B #2:
    Spider Curls: 40*15
    ->really don't like these. Being dropped mid blast. Bug my biceps. Bug my wrists. I'm going to switch to some kind of cable curl.

Hammer Curls: 50*10 SS

Seated Calf: 70*11.5 SS
    ->calling it 11.5 because I couldn't hold the stretch on the last rep. Only got about 5 seconds or so.

Pullthrus: 100*18

Squats: 235*12, 195*20
    ->pretty nasty. I have more strength in me, but not the kind of cardio you need for a high rep set like this. Legs were jello, but not as bad as last week.

Notes: Weight was 190. Haven't tracked my diet. Probably around 4000cals. A bit light today.

Shared the squat rack with the national level figure girl. She worked up to 105. Not bad for a girl. She is working with PJ Braun who is a massive super heavy weight national guy. She is doing junior nats, north americans, and nationals. That is a full summer of comps! We talked diets a bit. Cool to have someone knowledgable in the gym to chat with. Still haven't told her I have competed. I figure she would laugh at the notion of my skinny ass on stage. Cool girl.
    My Journal

The high rep squats are looking super.

Quick question c, are you doing the carb cut off and the cardio every morning along with the workouts also?

Glad to see the weight staying consistently over 190 man. And sharing the squat rack with a figure competitor? Very nice.

I tried out those spider curls a few weeks back and didnt like them either. Nothing about them felt right to me.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Cocoa: Thanks bro.

Ru: Nope. Fat gain isn't much of an issue from me. I just strive to hit my calorie target (~4500 cals a day). I do drink a lot of green tea.

Jay: They bugged my elbow and wrist. I'll be doing something else next time. Mabye drag curls.

DC Upper C:
    Smith Incline: 235*11 RP (same, same)
    ->these are tough.

Cybex Shoulder: 125*18 RP (same, +1)

Reverse Smith Bench: 210*18 RP (same, +1)
    ->Weight can be bumped here.

DB Rows: 110*12 SS
    ->up to 115 next time. Went out of order...

DB Pullovers: 75*21 RP
    ->switched from ez curl to DB. Just much easier to manage. A little lighter than what I did on the bar, but felt better.

DC Lower C:
    DB Curls: 50*16 (-5lb, +4)
    ->dropped the weight a bit from the end of the last cruise. Felt like they were too heavy and cheated a bit. I will probably stay here for the next workout and then look to bump.

Cable Wrist Curls: 80*6->70*5
    ->different station than I normally use. The 80 here was much heavier than at the other gym.

Leg Press Calf: 2pps+20ps*12 SS
    ->ouch brutal. Just about the perfect weight. Going to bump 5lb per side next time. Reps might start dropping a bit. On IM they say 9-12 is a good range here.

SLDL: 245*12, 275*6 SS (same, +2) (+30, -4)
    ->jumped up for a 2nd set because the first one was too light.

Leg Press: 4pps+25ps*10, 3pps+25*20 (both were +50lbs)
    ->literally started seeing spots after the 15th rep of the 2nd set. Closed my eyes for the last part of the set so I wouldn't see them! Can still go heavier here.

Notes: Weight was around 189. Ran into my old workout partner Ben on Friday. Still big and strong as an ox. Went out boozing last night for the first time in weeks. It was actually a great stress reliever. I had a brutal week at work. I had to put in a few hours on some reports this weekend to make up for not having enough time last week.

I went to a punk concert tonight for the first time in 11 years (The Queers). I used to be into punk bands (Rancid, Pennywise, NOFC) in junior high school/high school. The last show I went to I was probably 140 lbs. Today I was about 190. It was a totally different experience. Then people were worried about me going anywhere near the pit. Tonight I felt like I had no issues being near the pit. Most of those guys were little punks. Very tame in terms of the crowd. I was right at the front of the stage. The pit was relatively small. Maybe 30 people or so. I was basically the edge of the pit. People were boucing off me. A couple times I sent guys flying with a shove. Fun time. Got really drunk.
    Last edited by cphafner; 04-05-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    My Journal

No quad exercise for this last session CP?

Just get under the bar!