Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1293

Thread: CP's Journey to the next level

Wow, Beast and Ryuge for the last two posts. Where are bennetboy and the other old timers.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

My little crash course diet is about to end. Heading to Puerto Rico on Thursday. Still a couple more cardio session, but this is what I bring with me. Still tons of fat on my lower abs. I guess I'm going to do 2000 leg raises to spot reduce that fat.

My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

That's something I'd be happy with leaving for Puerto Rico with.

Looks good by me and you look noticeable for sure. I hope you enjoy that trip.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

barbell complex 5 rounds x 65 lb
    Sldl, bo row, curls, oh press

stairmaster 30 mins
    My Journal

Very solid, every day physique.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Wow, Beast and Ryuge for the last two posts. Where are bennetboy and the other old timers.
    Yeah, and Narcissus, SeveredTies, Rene joto, etc...

PS, looking great!

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Fellas: Thanks. I didn't embarrass myself out there, but I burnt the hell out of myself!

Legs:
    Seated Calf Raise: 70*8,8,8,8,8

GMs: 135*8,8,8,8,8

Standing Calf: +45*8,8,8,8,8
    ->done with the dip belt standing on the back on the incline bench

GHR: +orange band*8,8,6

Smith Squats: 135*8, 185*8, 205*8, 215*6, 135*5
    ->last set was 1.5 reps, up half way back down then up.

Extensions: drop set*50 reps

Abs and Hypers: just some core stuff

Notes: Weight was 187. First workout in a couple of weeks. Had a blast in PR. Barely slept. Went to bed after sunrise every morning and the first night just slept at the pool for a few hours. I feel like my legs have shrunk 2 inches in the last 2 weeks. Don't plan on going too heavy on legs, but want to get some blood pumping into them. Start running maybe tomorrow or Thursday to get ready for a 3.5 mile run in mid June.
    My Journal

Certainly living life to the fullest these days.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Matt: Only live once!

Chest:
    DB Press: 60*8, 70*8, 80*8, 90*8, 100*7
    ->didn't quite have it tonight

Incline Smith: 185*12, 12, 10, 8, 6

Close Grip Floor Press: 135*5, 95*12, 12, 10
    ->with double orange (double up on each side)

HS Press: 3 sets

Pec Deck: 120*8, 6

Pushdowns: drop set

Pushups: 2 sets with pink band across back, 20 reps total
    My Journal

Back/Bicep:
    Meadow Rows: 100*3*8

Partial Pulldowns: 180*6, 160*10, 10, 8, 8
    ->with gripforce

Shrugs on V Squat: 3pps*8, 4pps*8, 5pps*8, 5pps+25*8, 5pps+25*20
    ->first sets was with a few second squeeze at top, last was fast reps

Rope Hammer Curls: 100*12, 12, 10
    ->with gripforce

Pullover ss/DB Chest supported rows: 60*10/40*10, 60*10/40*10, 60*10/40*10

Preachers: 3 light, slow sets
    ->with gripforce

DB Curls: 20*8, 8
    ->with gripforce. Very slow up and down

Cardio: 3.5 miles on treadmil at 6mph

Notes: Weight was 187 today, so unchanged. Stuck to my diet. Ran for the first time in 11 months. I am doing a 3.5 mile run with my girl (JPM Corp Challenge if you guys know it). I was suprised to get 3.5 miles today. Thought I would struggle to get past 2.
    My Journal

NOtes: Tried to do some faster stairmaster this morning, but knees and IT band were achy from last night. Only did 15 mins then rolled and stretched.

Random thought of the day is I just measured my chest around 44". I was about to order a suit and wanted to see the size. I normally wear a 42, but that is mostly because they are cut for the average fat man and are boxy. I was shocked to see a 44". I'm guessing that is a combo of chest and back growth. Arms are still ticking in the 16.75 range. I was bitching to my girl about my legs getting smaller and I was right. They are down to 23". That is atleast an inch drop. Time to focus on killing the legs.
    My Journal

I'm in the same situation with lower body, bro. Haven't done measurements in years, though. I have one suit that I actually got tailor-made in Korea, and it still fits well. Great deal on it, too. Basically, I haven't made any size progress in 3 years, LOL

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

Weight was 187 today, so unchanged. Stuck to my diet. Ran for the first time in 11 months. I am doing a 3.5 mile run with my girl
    187 is solid, a good place be.

Quite ambitious you all taking on the run challenge, when does it take place?

Beast: You'll get it back!

Terry: Thanks man

Legs:
    V Squat Calf Raise:

SLDL: 95*5*8

Seated Calf:

GHR: bw+orange*10, 8, 6

Box Squats: Orange+135*5*8

Chest:
    Incline DB: 70*8, 80*8, 90*8, 100*8, 100*5

Incline BB: 135*8*8

Shoulder Circuit: 3 set
    KB front raise->DB Lat Raise->band pull aparts

Floor Press: double pink*135*3*8, 95*12, 8

Machine Flyes: 3 sets

Pushdowns: stack*10, pink bands+drop set

Notes: weight is still 187. Not making any changes yet since I have only done one cardio session this week. Will see how it is going in another week.
    My Journal

Always holding it down very well Conor.

You still cutting down?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

Terry: Thanks man. The run is end of June. 19th or 20th. I forget the exact date.

Beast: Yup, might as well thru July 4th.

Back:
    Cybex Rows: 170*10, 8, 150*8, 8, 8

Partial Pulldowns: 180*8, 170*8, 160*8, 150*8, 140*8

Stretchers: 140*8, 120*8, 120*8

HS Shrugs: 2pps*3 sets

Hammers: 40*8,8,8
    ->with gripforce

Straightarm Pushdowns: 100*12, 15, 15

Cybex Preacher: drop set

DB Curls: 25*2*8
    ->with gripforce

Notes: Weight is 186.6. Down a couple 1/10 of a lb. I have a wedding tomorrow and was planning to refeed. Scale hasn't really dropped in the last 2 weeks, so probably don't need/deserve a refeed, but f it. I'm eating, drinking, and being merry.

Bad news is I did something to my knee. Was walking up the stairs and had a very sharp pain on the outside then it gave out. Could barely make it up the stairs. Gave out again in my apartment. Then locked up a couple of times in the bent position. Was afraid I may have torn something. Today it was spotty, sometimes stiff and painful sometimes not. I tried walking up the stairs at the gym (5 stories) and bugged the hell out of me. Hopefully just a spain. Going to take it easy on it.
    My Journal

I have a wedding tomorrow ... I'm eating, drinking, and being merry.
    Awesome, shouldn't be any other way!

Good luck with the knee tweak, would be nice to see it go away soon and require no medical attention.

Bad news is I did something to my knee. Was walking up the stairs and had a very sharp pain on the outside then it gave out. Could barely make it up the stairs. Gave out again in my apartment. Then locked up a couple of times in the bent position. Was afraid I may have torn something. Today it was spotty, sometimes stiff and painful sometimes not. I tried walking up the stairs at the gym (5 stories) and bugged the hell out of me. Hopefully just a spain. Going to take it easy on it.
    It's getting better, so that's good news. Sounds like a meniscal strain.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

Alright haven't been on in a couple of weeks. Still going thru the motions in the gym with no real motivation or goals in sight. Need to figure something out. My knee is still bugging me. It gets real achy and stiff after about 10 minutes jogging or on the stairmaster. Don't have any issues on the later movements. Felt just fine hitting golf balls. Going to see an ortho this week just in case. My girlfriend and dad are making me do it. Stuck on jury duty this week. Kind of screwing up my schedule and eating a bit.
    My Journal

I went through like 4 months of zero motivation before it came back, bro. See the doc, get yourself healthy, and then return balls to the wall.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

Another kind of going thru the motions leg workout. Had to deal with some gym dbaggery today. Some guy doing deadlifts in front of the squat rack with 275. He spills his workout shake all over the floor, says oh shit and walks away. I thought he left the gym. About 40 minutes later he came back to the area. I said are you going to clean up your mess? He said what mess. I said you spilled your shaker all over there and left your weight for this guy to empty. Told him we are all there trying to workout and don't need to clean up after people, said just some common courtesy dude. He grudgingly got a towel and took 2 seconds (thats all it took) to wipe up the area. Dbag.

So I assume everyone who reads my journal loves reading about this sport, so here is what I have been reading. I love reading stuff from John and Shelby. The thought of eat carbs at night and not in the AM is different.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...preciated.html
    My Journal

That was an excellent read. Post 39 and 42 by John I can relate to so much. I intermittent fast so eating no carbs in the morning isn't too relevant but I can anecdotal attest that for me, diets work so much better when I save the bulk of my carbs for the end of the day. I remember pretty low carb dieting (50-75g / day) four years ago and having terrible insomnia. One night I laid in bed for hours tossing and turning. Finally I gave in and ate just one small banana and was out cold very shortly after. After that I ate one each night before bed and not only did I sleep better but it seemed my diet progressed better as well.

These days I'm and completely comfortable with eating as many carbs at night as my macros allow.

Didn't mean to hijack connor, just wanted to share that I think John's dead on the money
    Last edited by Behemoth; 06-03-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Rory, totally apperciate the insight.

I have been MIA. My computer has been down at my girls place and haven't had it for a couple of weeks. Still dieting down. Weight is dropping, but I don't feel like fat has and I am feeling flat and weak. Perhaps I can do with some more carbs. I have been doing low carbs, moderate protein, high fat on nonworkout days and moderate carbs, morderate (but slightly lower) protein, and moderate fat on workout day.

Here is today. I'm a bit shy on cals due to over sleeping. I might sneak in an extra 200. I tossed friend eggs on top of both my burger patties today to make up a bit.

Daily Intake Totals

Cals 2548
    Fat 138g
    Carbs 73g
    Protein 249g

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/#ixzz1xidMrahV

Home sick today. Some head cold has been kicking my butt this week. I walked out of the gym last night after a crappy effort. Had no stamina, but not low carb bad stamina sickness bad stamina. Have a 5k run after work tomorrow. Hope I'm up for it. Did 2.75 with ease the other night.

Had a really weekend. I went to two subway series game, but unfortunately the Mets lost both. The 2nd game my GF got us tickets in a suite. He company has season tickets, so they comped them a couple of suite seats. Brian Cashman came in and met everyone and let us try on two world series rings. Thank goodness I left me mets shirt at home.

Last edited by cphafner; 06-13-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    My Journal

Here is a finishing circuit I did at the end of shoulders/arms

Last edited by cphafner; 06-13-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    My Journal