Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1293

Thread: CP's Journey to the next level

Don't have my laptop so can't put on my workout. Did fasted stairmaster this morning. Did chest tonight. I moved into a higher volume phase for the next month
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Lol you're not skinny fat, quit with the body dysmorphia babble...you sound like me.

Fearfactory: Haha, thanks man.

Arms/Shoulders:
    Pushdowns ss/Hammer Rope Curls: 85*15/15*3 sets

Close Grip Smith Floor Presses: double orange+50*10. 70*8. 70*7, 50*8, 50*7

HS Shoulder: Double Pink+50*12, 10, 7,7

OH extensions w/pink band ss/Incline BB Curl:3 sets. didn't write down the weight
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Legs:

V Squat GM ss/Calf Raise: 3pps*8/5pps*8 * 5 sets

Leg Curls: 120*8,8,8,8

Box Squats: Double pink+135*8, +185*8, +205*8, +225*8, +275*8

OH Squat: kettlbells*2 sets

Core Work: toe-to-bars and some kind of bridge looking thing with rings (basically extending my arms out of using my core to stablilize myself on a 45 degree angle
    ->I don't know how crossfitters do 50+ of these. I guess it's mainly that I can't let myself cheat and swing. I go as many as I can, then do partials. Just feel that my core needs more work as I will progress to heavier lifting in a few weeks.

Notes: Did fasted cardio in the AM before both of these (Friday and Saturday). Today I slept in. Rode my bike to the golf range (5 miles) each of the past 2 days and hit 110 balls.

Went to a tailor yesterday and got a custom suit and dress shirts made up. I am really worried I will outgrow them. Considering I am down about 12-15lbs from my heavier winter weight. My chest was down almost 4 inches from my this winter. The guy added about an inch on each measurement to give me room to fatten up.

Did a refeed on Friday. Had 6 TJ's gluten free pancakes w/greek yogurt and berries, rice and chicken, 32 ounces of gatorade, chocolate chip pancakes, friend egg sandwhich, and a milk shake.

After my Friday workout and the 1st half of that refeed my girlfriend said whoa you look lean and defined. Amazing what a refeed does, fills the muscles back out and makes the veins start to pop out.

Video

And one new photo. Finally starting to see the lower ab fat start to melt

Last edited by cphafner; 07-22-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    My Journal

Looking noticeably bigger in the vid, good deal - nice job with those squats.

Terry: Thanks man!

Back:
    Meadow Rows: 110*8, 100*8, 100*8

V Squat Shrugs: 5pps*4*8

HS Pulldowns Partials: 200lbs

V Grip Stretcher Pullups: 12, 10, 10, 8+partials
    ->super setted with shrugs

Core work:
    My Journal

Arms:
    One Arm Push Downs ss/DB Curls ss/Hammers: 40*12->25*10->25*10 x 3 sets
    ->curls done with 3 second negative

Pronate Kickbacks ss/BB Curls: 15*12->50*8 x 3 sets
    ->KBs with palms facing ceiling and again 3 sec negative

Incline BB Tricep exts ss/BB Reverse Curls: 40*12->40*12 x 3 sets

Notes: Way behind on posting. Those of you who are my facebook friends have probably noticed that I've been away a lot recently on family trips with my girlfriend. Been staying at her place a lot too since the commute is shorter to work. She and I are still going to the gym in the AM for cardio.

Just got back from the track. Decided to switch it up and do some sprints. Did 2 x 15 yards, 2 x 30, 2 x 45, 2 x 60, 2 x 100. Sprinted then walked back to the start and then repeated. Took about 20 mins. It was tough.

Been eating like a pig, but keeping my abs more or less visible. My sisters boyfriend came on one of the trips. He is training for a physique show (coached by George Farrah) and the kid was miserable. He can't eat, he can't drink. He has to be 100% on his game. That is why I have no desire to compete again.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Been eating like a pig, but keeping my abs more or less visible.
    Can't beat that, the added size was noticeable too in a couple of those shirted pics on your page.

Whatever work you do always show and does not go for nought, keep going man.

Terry: Thanks man. Appreciate the nice comment on FB. I'm down about 20lbs. Look big there because Kira is tiny and I fit into slim fit shirts again!

Back:
    DeadStop Rows: 105*10, 8, 8

Chest Supported rows: 2 pinks doubled over +50*8, 7, 6

Partials Pulldowns: 190*8, 8, 6

Hypers: pink *15, 12, 10

Ab Works 2 rounds of various things

Deads: 2 oranges doubled over +135*6, +225*6, 275*6, +315*6
    ->techincally these are in a smith machine (the one that moves both vertical and horizontal) but it's the only place I can hook up the bands. The last set felt very heavy at the top. Not sure what the double orange equates to, but these felt every bit of 500 at the very top, but I wouldn't be shocked if much lighter
    My Journal

Chest/Shoulders:
    Hex Press: 45*10, 10, 10

Pec Minor Dips: +45*12, 12, 10

Twist Press: 40*10, 10, 10

ss

Dislocates: 10, 10, 10

ss

Lat Raise: 45*20, 20, 20
    ->partial reps, heavy just 6 inch swings
    ss

Spider Walks: 3, 3, 3
    ->3 reps up and down

Seated Calf: 45*12, 12, 12, 12->10 partials

ss

Dorsiflexions: 35, 18, 12
    My Journal

Good to see you updating again.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Joey: Thanks man.

Legs:

Standing Calves: 185*12, 225*12, 275*10, 295*10->15 partials
    ->ss with below

Dorsiflexion: 25, 20, 20, 20

Lying Ham Curls: 75*12, 95*12, 115*8->95*8->15 partials

Leg Press: 1pps*10, 2pps*10, 3pps*10, 4pps*10->40 lunges

Leg Extensions: 130*10 x 4 sets

Box Squats: double pink bands +135*8, 185*8, 225*8, 245*8

Notes: Weight has plummeted down to 171. I am down over 20lbs now since the winter. I was shocked getting on the scale today. I am down 4-5lbs since I jumped on the scale last. My girl was saying this morning how much leaner I look. I have a wedding tomororw, going to refeed as much as I can. It's at a swank NYC hotel, so my fear is that food will be in small quantities.

I paid to join John Meadows site. The recent workouts have been his creations. The man is sick and twisted. I have been in sheer pain every workout. He is known for breaking people.

Crazy story of the day: My gf's roommate was across the street from the shootout by The Empire State building. She was on the southwest corner of the block and I believe he was on the Northwest corner. She was standing there waiting for the light to change. Three people standing in front of her were hit. She thankfully wasn't, but was very shook up. Very close call.
    Last edited by cphafner; 08-24-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    My Journal

New pic from this weekend

My Journal

Looking great, bro!

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Stepped up a notch once again, made steady improvements over the years - look better each time out.

Beast and Terry: Thanks guys

Chest:

DB Incline: 75, 85, 95*8, 105*6
    ->got one more rep today on heavy set

HS Chest: Double pink doubled over +140*8, 8, 110*8, 7

Decline: 185*8->135*12->95*20

Notes: Weight rebounded 5lbs today but on a different scale. Had a wedding in NYC this weekend. Got too drunk.
    My Journal

Nice DB Incline Cp. Strong.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Thanks Chubs
    Back:
    DeadStop Rows: 110*10, 8, 8

Chest Supported rows: 2 pinks doubled over +50*7, +35*8, 7

Partials Pulldowns: 190*10, 10, 8

Deads: 2 oranges doubled over +185*6, +225*6, 275*6, +315*6, +335*5
    ->techincally these are in a smith machine (the one that moves both vertical and horizontal) but it's the only place I can hook up the bands.
    My Journal

I've been taking a break this week. This week was crazy at work with everyone returning from the summer lull on wall street. Monday and Tuesday I have events after work, so figured this would be a good 10-14 rest period.

I did a 4 mile run for the Wounder Warriors with my dad and sister today. Not an impressive time, but haven't ran since May, so just happy not to die.
    My Journal

Damn looks like my post from yesterday didn't save. Last week was my first back after a 12 day deload. Was pretty weak, but didn't push hard. This week I am starting to push it. Today was back day.

Deadstop Rows: 110*3*8

HS Shrugs: 2pps*3*8
    -5 second contraction at top

Partial PUlldowns: 180*10, 10, 8

Stretchers: 120*10, 10, 8

V grip pullups ss/Band Rows: 3 rounds
    ->the gym has chains hanging from the ceiling that you can put handles on, was just goofing off and burning out.
    My Journal

Hex Press: 50*4*10

Pec Minor Dips: +45*12, 10, 8

Twist Press: 40+orange*12, 12
    ->Dislocates: 12, 12
    ->Lat Raise: 60*20, 60*18
    ->Spiders 3, 3
    ->Pullaparts: 12, 8
    My Journal

Calf Raise on HS Squat: 1p, 2p, 3p, 4p, 5p, 6p*12->10 partials
    ->Dorsiflex: 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15

Leg Curl: 70*15, 90*12, 110*8->90*8->70*10->50*10->70* 20 partials
    ->brutal last set

SLDL: 145*10, 10
    ->done with 25s for extra stretch

Leg Press: forgot to write it down, orange bands and up to 4 or 5 pps

Hack Squat Machine: 200*8, 200*6
    My Journal

Rope Pushdowns 100*12, 110*12, 110*12, 110*12
    ->One arm extensions: 30*12, 35*10, 35*10, 35*10

Dip Machine: stack*15, 15, 12
    ->BB Overhead Extensions: 35*15, 12, 12

BB Curls 55*8, 8, 8
    ->Hammers: 40*6, 25*8, 25*8

Preacher: 45*10, 10, 10->10 partials
    ->Reverse BB Curls: 45*10, 10, 10

Dips and band kickbacks: couple sets to burnout
    My Journal

Couple update photos

Last edited by cphafner; 09-28-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    My Journal

Ever on track Conor, nice job.